Top 5 dead or alive

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 7, 2006
jmacc916 said:
Are yall fuccin serious?? We're talkin the greatest of all time and im seeing names and eazy-e?? LMFAO Those names dont even belong in the top 50. And if yall wanna talk about northern cali as a whole not just the bay, how could u leave out lynch and x-raided??
slap yourself for not thinking eazy one of the great's

matter fact log out this rap site and dont come back

Nov 11, 2006
stunnamayne415 said:
best of the bay
1. mac dre
2. cougnut
3.Rbl posse
4. yuk
5. young lay
these are my favorites and everyone has a different oppinion but i think lynch and x raided are garbage.
Ok homie, dont trip you'll be aiight soon. Go get u a fat-ass blunt and a 40 oz, and put on season of the siccness, loaded, or the unforgiven, that way u can absorb what real classic, gangsta shit sound like

Nov 11, 2006
And wtf did eazy do to make him a "great"?? Theres a difference between good and great homie, and sorry, eazy was a gimmick rapper wit no flows except what everyone else wrote for him. Not to mention, eazy straight dissapeared after dre and snoop smashed him, kinda like the way 50 made ja rule's career dissapear.

Aug 7, 2006
jmacc916 said:
WTF is going on nowadays?? Has rap music gotten that horrible where we label big L as "the greats"?? GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE! Greats= pac, biggie, ugk, scarface and my fav which none of yall consider in the top 5, LYNCH
you must be the most ignorant or just too young if you dont think Big L is up there.

Nov 11, 2006
livemanikins said:
you must be the most ignorant or just too young if you dont think Big L is up there.
LMFAO What did big L make like 1 cd, or maybe 2?? Ive never heard 1 big L song that i remember. All of a sudden he's great?? LOL I bet u 90% of the people on the west coast have never even heard a big L song. But because hes from NY and he died u think hes a great?? BTW homie im 28, i believe thats several years older than u.
And hey aint u the cat from sac who doesnt know who hollow tip is?? Do some homework lil bro, thats all i gots to say

Sep 12, 2004
www.myspace.com
top 5 list (in no particular order):
1. krs1
2. mac dre
3. snoop
4. redman
5. kurupt

big L is great.. hes a legend.
just because you never heard of him doesnt take away that fact..
you probably never heard of fat pat either nigga.
is he not a legend?

r.i.p. soulja slim & dj screw.. two more legends "you never heard of"

Aug 7, 2006
jmacc916 said:
I bet u 90% of the people on the west coast have never even heard a big L song.
Now post that comment. I bet you anything the average head heard of him. Especially on the west. DOnt you listen to 2pac. What about the big L and 2pac track that blew the fuck up. Damn you funny mang. You listen to Sway and King tech? the platform where the average emcee that rotates in your car blew up off of sway and tech and listen to the Big L freestyle verse. How about this have you ever heard of D.I.T.C. (diggin in the crates since your not into hip hop that much i noticed) Big L was in that click with Fat Joe and the rest.

Maybe you need some hip hop 101 son forealz

Jun 28, 2002
some of these top 5's are completely biase lol knowing some of them dudes couldn't possibly be top 5er's lol

1.tupac
2.jay z
3. nas
4. Tre-8
5. Ice cube ( the old one)

Nov 11, 2006
synical dj said:
top 5 list (in no particular order):
1. krs1
2. mac dre
3. snoop
4. redman
5. kurupt

big L is great.. hes a legend.
just because you never heard of him doesnt take away that fact..
you probably never heard of fat pat either nigga.
is he not a legend?

r.i.p. soulja slim & dj screw.. two more legends "you never heard of"
And what specifically is it that makes him a legend?? His 1 cd that probably didnt even go gold?? Or is it because he died young so u automatically call him "great"? Thats bullshit homie, and i didnt say i never heard OF him, i said i never heard any music from him that made me remember him(Obviously meaning the music was garbage, or i woulda kept listening) And dont tell me what i have or have not heard of, ive heard of all those people u listed and dj screw is the only one out of those who is a true "legend"
Besides, any muthafucka who lists redman as one of the top 5 rappers of all time is clearly confused

Nov 11, 2006
livemanikins said:
Now post that comment. I bet you anything the average head heard of him. Especially on the west. DOnt you listen to 2pac. What about the big L and 2pac track that blew the fuck up. Damn you funny mang. You listen to Sway and King tech? the platform where the average emcee that rotates in your car blew up off of sway and tech and listen to the Big L freestyle verse. How about this have you ever heard of D.I.T.C. (diggin in the crates since your not into hip hop that much i noticed) Big L was in that click with Fat Joe and the rest.

Maybe you need some hip hop 101 son forealz
I dont know what all that gibberish is, but i know i've been on the westcoast my whole life, and i aint never heard someone list big L as a great or even mention his name this much until now. I need hip hop 101?? Nigga, u from sac, u make music, and u never heard of hollow tip!

Aug 7, 2006
jmacc916 said:
I need hip hop 101?? Nigga, u from sac, u make music, and u never heard of hollow tip!
ok I never heard of hollowtip. never meant anyone that heard of hollowtip. Im not sayin he is bad or anything because i never heard of him. So is he big or something? put me on if you can. The only sac emcees i followed is brotha lynch and C-bo but im not hardcore into mob shit either so thats probably why i havent heard of him. Point blank any from people who been in the music game in sac for the past 10 years never heard of him probably because we never follow sac mob rappers. no diss but i guess the dood is big in the mob scene

Nov 11, 2006
livemanikins said:
ok I never heard of hollowtip. never meant anyone that heard of hollowtip. Im not sayin he is bad or anything because i never heard of him. So is he big or something? put me on if you can. The only sac emcees i followed is brotha lynch and C-bo but im not hardcore into mob shit either so thats probably why i havent heard of him. Point blank any from people who been in the music game in sac for the past 10 years never heard of him probably because we never follow sac mob rappers. no diss but i guess the dood is big in the mob scene
I aint tryin to talk no shit, but yo shit sounds faulty homie. i was born and raised in sac and me and my niggaz been slumpin hollow since mid 90's. U say u know people who been fuccin wit sac music for 10 years and they never heard of hollow?? That shit sounds phony my nig. Thats like a nigga from the bay saying he been rapping for 10 years and never heard of yuk. U should get off the internet, step out the house, and hear whats craccin in the streets, and then holla

Aug 7, 2006
aye point blank you must know there 2 sides to hip hop im not followin the streets(mob tip) god forealz. I just never followed the sac mob music. im been put on more of the east coast music my whole life in sac. when it came to northern cali i just followed cali agents, heiro, zion I, etc ya feel. makes no sense how you can call someone phony if they dont bump gangster mob shit. to each his own im done with this

Nov 11, 2006
LMFAO Ill give eazy credit for puttin NWA 2gether thats it. One of the best 5 rappers of all time?? Nigga put down the crack pipe and holla when u sober up

Jan 17, 2006
ive heard 1 Big L song in my life.....and thats only because someone sent me it cuz i said i neva heard anything.....i dont see how u guys consider people legends, i thought u hadda be known all over the world and hav done big things, but apparently anyone that gets some respect is a legend to most yall

top eastcoast(that i listen to):
1.Juelz Santana
2.Papoose
3.Styles P

Aug 7, 2006
MAC DRIZZA said:
ive heard 1 Big L song in my life.....and thats only because someone sent me it cuz i said i neva heard anything.....i dont see how u guys consider people legends, i thought u hadda be known all over the world and hav done big things, but apparently anyone that gets some respect is a legend to most yall

top eastcoast(that i listen to):
1.Juelz Santana
2.Papoose
3.Styles P
Big L is known worldwide. i mean if Big L never really existed you would of never had a lot of the big name east coast rappers (example Lox) ... Hes known for the best in Harlem which Jay Z was goin to sign him before he got hit. but i aint tryin to diss or nothin