Top 5 dead or alive

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 17, 2006
livemanikins said:
Big L is known worldwide. i mean if Big L never really existed you would of never had Styles P ... Hes known for the best in Harlem. but i aint tryin to diss or nothin
im just sayin that i know a good amount about rap, and at least hav heard about most peoples big songs, but i never really heard anything from Big L....im not sayin hes weak or anything....i just dont see him as a legend like i see 2pac as one

Aug 7, 2006
yea i feel you lets just say at one time he was as big as Jay Z, Nas, Big Pun, that category. Or check this song when you get the chance i garrentee you know this track since your a 2pac head

Big L ft 2pac - Deadly Combination

Nov 7, 2005
jmacc916 said:
And wtf did eazy do to make him a "great"?? Theres a difference between good and great homie, and sorry, eazy was a gimmick rapper wit no flows except what everyone else wrote for him. Not to mention, eazy straight dissapeared after dre and snoop smashed him, kinda like the way 50 made ja rule's career dissapear.
This is by far the worst statement I've ever seen on a gangsta rap board. Eazy-E a gimmick? You obviously don't know who the man was behind the scenes.

Nov 11, 2006
Anaheim*Rob said:
This is by far the worst statement I've ever seen on a gangsta rap board. Eazy-E a gimmick? You obviously don't know who the man was behind the scenes.
Like i said, i give eazy credit for putting NWA 2gether and THATS IT. His raps were weak, always written by dre or cube. And they way dre and snoop killed his already fading career?? If u or anybody tryna say eazy is in the top 5 rappers of all time, ill say it again...put the crack pipe down and get @ me when u sleep it off

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
jmacc916 said:
And wtf did eazy do to make him a "great"?? Theres a difference between good and great homie, and sorry, eazy was a gimmick rapper wit no flows except what everyone else wrote for him. Not to mention, eazy straight dissapeared after dre and snoop smashed him, kinda like the way 50 made ja rule's career dissapear.
Are you kidding me? Eazy-E was the pre-Suge Knight gangsta rap mastermind. He wasn't one of the greatest rappers, no...but he was and is one of the greats just because of his contributions to the music we all love today. Just think, without Eazy, there may have never been a Death Row, which means there probably wouldn't be a Dr. Dre, an old Snoop Dogg, 2Pac how he was after signing to Death Row, Eminem.

Eazy wasn't a "gimmick" rapper...a gimmick rapper is somebody who has an image made for them by the label. Eazy was Eazy, he wasn't told to act like something opposite himself. He might not have had the dopest delivery, but remember it was the late 80's/early 90's...nobody had dope delivery compared to a lot of cats today...by todays standard. Fact is, Eazy is responsible for a lot of cats success...and whether you like it or not, he put out hit records and brought in some of the best in the business.

Oh, and Dre didn't make Eazy's career disappear...if anybody did, it was Snoop Dogg, because Snoop was writing Dre's shit back then. But no, Eazy wasn't put out of business by Dre or Snoop...he was still smashin' on Tha Row's roster but he died before the shit came out. Remember Eazy E's answer to Dogg Pounds' WHAT WOULD U DO? Shit was hot.

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
jmacc916 said:
WTF is going on nowadays?? Has rap music gotten that horrible where we label nelly, ya boy, the game, cee-lo, keak, big L and kanye west as "the greats"?? GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE! Greats= pac, biggie, ugk, scarface and my fav which none of yall consider in the top 5, LYNCH
It depends on what each person sees as GREAT! Nelly has a unique style and sound...and he's not afraid to cross boundaries. Cee-Lo, again...very creative and unique! Big L was sick, would have done a lot had he not died so soon. Kanye, I dug his first album but dude is too fuckin arrogant for his own good, so I agree he shouldn't be on that list.

My personal favorites are...

1. 2Pac
2. Biggie
3. Digital Underground
4. The Pharcyde
5. Scarface

Jun 21, 2005
MAC DRIZZA said:
im just sayin that i know a good amount about rap, and at least hav heard about most peoples big songs, but i never really heard anything from Big L....im not sayin hes weak or anything....i just dont see him as a legend like i see 2pac as one
who the hell is Big L? and Styles P? not talking shit, just never heard of them. i guess they're east coast or something huh? i don't listen to that shit.

Jan 17, 2006
scrillafein said:
who the hell is Big L? and Styles P? not talking shit, just never heard of them. i guess they're east coast or something huh? i don't listen to that shit.
Big L was big in the eastcoast (and i guess worldwide) but got killed (i think)

Styles P is a pretty much underground eastcoast rapper.... has a few songs on tv though.... "I Get High" (wit the weird voice) was his song

Dec 30, 2006
www.myspace.com
jmacc916 said:
WTF is going on nowadays?? Has rap music gotten that horrible where we label nelly, ya boy, the game, cee-lo, keak, big L and kanye west as "the greats"?? GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE! Greats= pac, biggie, ugk, scarface and my fav which none of yall consider in the top 5, LYNCH
whats wrong with Big L?
Big L is one of the greates NY Mcz fo sureee !!!
He was a member of the D.I.T.C. crew
also members of that crew are Showbiz and A.G.,Buckwild,Diamond D,Fat Joe,Lord Finesse and O.C.
Big L have 2 solo albumz Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous(1995)
and The Big Picture(2000) released after his death.
Lifestylez Ov da Poor & Dangerous is str8 classic Hip Hop albummm

Feb 13, 2006
jmacc916 said:
Ok homie, dont trip you'll be aiight soon. Go get u a fat-ass blunt and a 40 oz, and put on season of the siccness, loaded, or the unforgiven, that way u can absorb what real classic, gangsta shit sound like
i know classic gangsta rap i just dont like baby guts this and that. and theres something about lynches voice. im supprised no one put luni coleone tho.

Nov 11, 2006
scrillafein said:
See what im sayin?? niggaz be handin out the title "legend" or "great" to any rapper they hear a few times and think is hard, or to a rapper who dies at a young age. RIP to them niggaz but damn, big l, big pun and soulja slim were not "great" rappers, maybe good at best.
Dre was already blowin up in cali before he hooked up with eazy. Him and cube were the "masterminds" behind NWA, eazy just financed it, then had dre write him a few verses so he could shine too. Eazy's first cd was written by cube and produced by dre. And lets be real homie, after the chronic dropped(which btw, WAS dre's album, not snoop's) wasnt nobody tryna hear eazy. Without dre's beats and cube's verses eazy was finished.
Ay homie, u must not have listened to much lynch, cuz i think he only mentions baby guts in like 3 maybe 4 tracks. And luni better than lynch? Im done with this bullshit.
Will smith?? This thread is officialy now a joke

Aug 7, 2006
BIg L - platinum rapper. The only competition JayZ had and jayz said fuck it ill sign this dood to the roc. Best out of Harlem

Big Pun - Platinum rapper. No one in history could ever touch his lung control when it came to spittin which is known worldwide. The biggest puerto rican lyricist in history.

If you dont know who styles P is that means you dont know jadakiss, you dont know dmx. How can anyone say they dont know who the Lox are.