To Young Dru

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 21, 2002
Dru,
I just checked out the track "Smoke Wit You" on Mark 7's mix. Your song is cool, but I dig the old Young Dru. The one where you came with your own style. To me you're way ntoodeep into a style that has already had its turn.
Do your own thing. Be a free agent and let your own style shine through.
When you came out here to AZ I was really diggin your flow. Don't let your surroundings change you!
Good luck homie. I think you have what it takes!
Cuda

May 21, 2002
I'm not ripping into him AT ALL! I liked the song. I just remember when he came out here he had a way different style. It was rougher. It souned unique.
Mark/Where can I get a copy of that mix?
Dankedout/I agree with you. I'm just trying to give my homie my opinion that he clearly has the right to ignore.
Cuda

Taydatay

Artist/Five Star CEO
Sep 10, 2002
www.11-5.com
Big C said:
To me you're way ntoodeep into a style that has already had its turn.
Do your own thing. Be a free agent and let your own style shine through. Don't let your surroundings change you!
Cuda
CUDA WHATS WRONG WITH HIS SURROUNDINS?? HE BE WITH ME AND 12. IM NOT FOLLOWING YOU FOLX.

Big C

Sicc OG
May 21, 2002
I feel that he veered away from his own style. I don't think I've heard an 11/5 or Tayda Tay sound in his delivery.

Shit, I thought you were always working. If you're out there give a nigga a call sometime.

I'd like to hear more Dru and less N2Deep influence coming from him. JT was dope back in the day. I have to admit, I knew my bass was just right when Back To The Hotel came on and the pictures fell off of the wall in my neighbors house.

But, the style I FEEL he's learning isn't all his. Of course, rappers will sometimes be influenced one way or another by others that they admire or are always in the lab with.

If anyone's taking offense to what I'm saying, all I can say is that my OPINION was directed at DRU. I never intended on offending any of my real niggas.

I make no apologies for anything I put here.

Bottom line:

I FEEL THAT DRU IS A COOL RAPPER (BETTER THAN JUST COOL) AND I'LL ALWAYS BUMP HIS SHIT.

And to all the 'lookie lous' who want to know how I feel about Tay and if any shit will start out of this; NO IT WON'T.

Tay and I may not kick it together all the time or pick up the phone on a regular, but I have much respect for him. We've been through a tumble where death was in our faces and have partied together on numerous occassions.

Dru can do whatever the fuck he wants to do. He's a grown ass man. He may not be very tall, but he's a grown ass man all the same! j/k

Peace,
Cuda

G-ro

Sicc OG
Jun 6, 2002
I'm agree with Pimperoni: how can you go wrong surrounding with bay area rap veterans like Johnny Z, B-12, Taydatay or Jay Tee?

Anotha fan point of view:
young dru is heated, however he flows
and jay tee is still the shit: from back to the hotel to free agents, every thang he's on is bumpin...