Tim Lincecum's Day in Cannabis Court

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 5, 2006
And the list continues to grow with people who overlook Lincecum, its like a cult that truly believes Lincecum will break down.

Mechanics were specifically developed for his frame.

May 2, 2002
What yall talkin bout clemens?

Sabathia is going to make 23 mil next season. Santana is making that much too. Shit, barry zito made 18 mil with SF in 07.

Jan 5, 2006
H.A.D.

no really, his pops. Someone who knows him best. It's been working ever since he was little, never missed a start. The day he breaks down if he breaks down will be because he changed something in his mechanics.

Ask a physicist about Lincecums mechanics.

Jul 4, 2009
Im worried about my own life thank you, I am just implying the Giants shouldnt give him a huge contract cause he might not be around for another 3-4 years..

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

so you wanna be a rocket scientist and your dad is a truck driver.....are you going to go to him to to teach you advanced calculus
Actually, his dad was a picture in High School but didn't make it to the next level because of injuries...

from the washington post..
A former star pitcher in high school, Chris Lincecum was prevented from rising above the semi-pro ranks by injuries, but he developed an interest in the biomechanics of pitching and set about teaching his sons, Sean and Tim, how to pitch.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/16/AR2007071601678.html

from sports illustrated....
Chris designed a weight-training program for Tim and videotaped all his amateur games -- the two of them would critically review them the next day -- except for road games when Tim was in college. By then Chris knew his younger son's mechanics so well that even while listening to those games on the radio, he could "see" what Tim was doing wrong. "Watch the angle of your shoulders!" he might yell, for example, at the radio when his son's location was particularly off.
In the stands Chris would sit behind home plate and flash signals to Tim, who knew exactly what to correct. If, for instance, Chris slapped his thighs, Tim knew to "sit down on my legs" through his delivery, to use the lower half of his body more. "His dad obviously did a very good job with Timmy," says Giants pitching coach Dave Righetti. "I treat Timmy differently from most pitchers: I leave him alone."
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/tom_verducci/07/01/lincecum0707/index.html

Sep 25, 2005
well then with that "vast knowledge" that Pops has...im surprised none of the 30 MLB teams have come calling for his services..........or any of the couple of hundred MiLB teams have contracted his great talent as a pitching coach......so he can teach all those young Minor Leaguers a how to pitch like Timmy..........

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

ey, im not sayin dude is a genious...I was just sayin, timmy been doin this since he was a younsta...his motion and delivery was made for him and it works so good for him that the coaches don't even wanna mess with it.

is it eventually gonna take a toll on his body? probably...but im willing to say taht it will be later rather then sooner...thats just my opinion

Sep 25, 2005
V:

i see where you are coming from.......its working and showing the greatest of results.....for now......

im still of the opinion that the way he does things will lead to an early exit from baseball for Timmy......

and i think the Giants feel the same way........opting to lose arbiration (higher annual salary) and take it one year at a time rather than committ a bunch of money (lower annual salary but more money for longer period of time) and risk a breakdown

Mar 8, 2008
Why would Lincecum want to be in Pinstripes? He's already close to home, if anything he'd probably go to the hometown Mariners and join Felix Hernandez and Lee.
this is why.. $$$$$$$$$$$$$ and him being close to home isnt something that will prevent him from leaving, he can just hop on to the Yankee Co. plane and be there in hours.. but why would he want to leave NY..?

He can go from being one and out with the Giants in the playoffs (if they even make it there) to being in the big show every other September..

Mar 8, 2008
Your expected to play like a champ in NY. Any pitcher with an odd delivery is a risky decision all around.
back to back Cy Young awards in his first 2 years ?? yeah I think theyll take their chances.. theyve done it before and with all those high paid players they keep bringing in every year some work out some dont.. imagine CC and Lincecum back to back..?