Ticket for window tint

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 28, 2003
I got pulled over 2 weeks ago for my windows being too dark. Its my second time so now i gotta go get them shits off. So the point is does this affect anything like points on your record? Or does the fine getter bigger everytime u get pulled over for window tint being dark? Cus ima just gona re tint my windows once i get the officer to sign my shit. Cop was jus being a hater, he wasnt going my way and instead of going str8 he turns and pulls me over.:angry:

Aug 11, 2006
shits been a min since i had that a fix it ticket, but i assume its all the same....first it wont effect your driving record, its not a point or anything like that, just a fix-it ticket and as far as fines getting more expensive, i have no idea how it is now, but once you fix and get it signed off it was $10 for the fee....hopefully shit hasnt changed

ELPOLLITO

COUNTINCHINGADERA
Mar 15, 2010
ELCOLLINS
I got stopped on Santa Clara street off the 101 for tinted windows...Funny thing was there was an Oakland officer riding along with dude an he was giving dude shit for such a stupid stop.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I've had tints on my front windows for like 2 years now... never been pulled over for it

I've even been pulled over for other shit, and the cop didn't even mention my windows... I guess I've been lucky... knock on wood

but it won't put points on your record

only moving violations, like speeding, running a stop sign, etc... put points on your record

May 6, 2002
Or, if you know an Optometrist get them to write a letter stating that your eyes are sensitive to the light (photophobia) and require tints and/or shades while driving during the day. I've used that letter at least 5 times. Only once the officer didnt care that I had the letter, so I plead not guilty and showed it to the judge.

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
all I gotta say is PAY THAT SHIT.

I forgot I had a ticket last year & 6 months later, I get pulled over & it turns out they suspended my L's & I didnt even know. No notice from DMV, not shit.

....that 164 window tint ticket cost me 1600 to get my L's back & pay the fine.
Yup, either take it off and get a cop to sign off on it, or pay it. It sucks skipping over a $134 ticket and end up paying over a rack to clear everything up.

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
i got the same ticket, and i procrastinated on getting it done. i went to the courthouse last week and now i gotta pay $1000. Take care of that shit before its too late.

Jun 10, 2002
^^^^^

real shit. you gotta take care of them tickets/fines right away. I had neglected to take care of speeding tickets I received over the course of the last 4 years. Total of 8 speeding tickets. I treated'em like those infractions I used to get in elementary school and tossed them. Bad idea.

I didnt go to court, or pay, nada. A couple months back I get pulled over for speeding again. This time they impound the new car! They were gonna hold it for 30 days, it woulda came out to like 1600 to get out of impound had I waited, and I couldnt risk it getting repo'd. Long story short. I got my L's before the 30 days and was able to get it out.

Cost me a pretty penny though. Roughly $5500 all together, which is significantly higher than it would have cost if I would've went to court and handled them in a timely manner. Word of advice, take care of those fines/tickets right away or else you might as well just grab your ankles.

Jun 5, 2004
I WAS TOLD THAT YOU CAN HAVE AS DARK AS YOU WANT ON THE BACK, BUT YOUR FRONT WINDOWS CANT BE DARKER THAN 20 OR 30%... I HAD A LIMO TINT ON THE BACK ON MY LAST CAR

DUDE TOLD ME THAT IT WAS LEGAL AND IF I EVER GOT TICKETED HE WOULD FIX IT FOR FREE, BUT THEN AGAIN I NEVER ENDED UP GETTING A TICKET SO IDK

I GOT TICKETED ALMOST A YEAR AGO FOR MY MUSIC, AND NO FRONT LISCENCE PLATE, COP GAVE ME A TICKET AND TOLD ME TO GET A FRONT PLATE. BUT I DONT THINK HE WROTE ME UP BECAUSE EVERYTIME IVE BEEN PULLED OVER AFTER THAT, THEY NEVER SAID SHIT ABOUT THE PLATE. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW?

May 1, 2002
if u ever drive after drinking some beers or getting high.Atleast have everything in ur car legit no tints front license plates all lights working cause they're just waiting for an excuse to pull anyone over like u guys said the state needs money

Nov 16, 2006
Ive gotten a few tint tickets. No points on my record. I also went a while back wit an optometrist to get my eye checked out. I asked him about the doctors note, and he said if my eyes were sensitive to light that i should just wear sun glasses.

If you retint and you get pulled over by the same cop he might not give you a fix it ticket, but rather a fine.

Jul 25, 2007
if u ever drive after drinking some beers or getting high.Atleast have everything in ur car legit no tints front license plates all lights working cause they're just waiting for an excuse to pull anyone over like u guys said the state needs money
yup. got rid of my limo tint, 2 15s and rims. I grew out of that stage. Now im in some light tint, 1 10" just to sound good inside, not to be heard blocks away and some clean 20s. keepin it classy.

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
I've had limo tint on all windows, front and back, and 15% on my windshield, on my last 6 cars, over the last 5 years. I've received over 14 tint tickets, and every time I get one, I don't fix shit, just go to court, judge'll be like oh did you fix the tint? i'll be like no I didn't, judge looks all confused, then says ok 107 bucks, and i'm out till the next one. I get a couple tickets a year, I just call it the tint tax lol.
Dang, youre pretty smart. If youre going to pay it, why not just tell the judge theyre off and see if he believes you? But hey your giving away $1500, youre probably on the ball...jeez.