Ticket for tinted windows?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Anyone (in CA) ever get a ticket for having front tinted windows?

Been driving around with my front windows tinted for something like 3-4 years, and finally got my first ticket today.

Just wondering if anyone else got one of these tickets. and how they handled it. The cop gave me fix it ticket and said I have to have it removed, take it to the courthouse (maybe DMV, I forget), and someone needs to look at it to make sure it's removed. Then I need to pay a $25 fee and I'm good. She said if I don't fix it by the date given, I'll have a court date. I asked if I would have to pay a fine if I don't get it removed, she said the fine if I don't take it off is "something like $100"

Just wondering if anyone got one of these tickets and didn't fix it, and exactly what happened

I really don't want to have the tint removed, I'd rather just pay a fine and move on, but if it's hella money it could be cheaper to have it removed, pay $25 and get it re tinted after I show it to them. Also, I don't know if they'll keep fucking with me if I don't correct it.

she almost gave me a ticket for being on my phone too, but luckily just gave me a warning for that

oh yeah... and to thank you for your time... tiddies (NSFW below)

#Thankyou

View attachment 110908

Dec 4, 2006
what percentage do you have on all your windows?

I know front can have anything from 35%+

Rear window and rear side windows can be 5%..

find out what percentage you have and you can win the case in court ....

Apr 11, 2008
WWW.PLEASEATSOMESHIT.COM
its th law and just the way it is...

remove the tint and you can get the fine reduced by showin a picture to the judge, just play stupid and act cool with the judge

keep the back with limo tint, and the front at 35% and your good...otherwise pay the fine and learn the lesson

or keep the tint on and just pay the membership fee to the city...they bill you whenever they see you, if you got the $ then fuck em, it costs to floss.

Apr 18, 2003
Yea I've got a ticket and didn't take it off... I was required to see a judge at the time and she thought I was crazy for telling her I just wanna pay the fine... I guess not many people do it

Apr 18, 2003
But if u don't want to take the tint off just pay online or at the front desk the judge won't reduce the fine on that one.... I think back then my driving record was so bad I had to sit in court for every ticket I got

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
what percentage do you have on all your windows?

I know front can have anything from 35%+

Rear window and rear side windows can be 5%..

find out what percentage you have and you can win the case in court ....
I have 35% in the front and limo all around the back

in Cali it's illegal to have any tint on the front

I was just reading some shit online and on some forum people were saying they can hold you in contempt of court and you can eventually do jail time if you don't get it removed... seems like bullshit to me though.

I think the whole law is stupid as fuck... how the fuck is having tinted windows dangerous to me or anyone else on the road. just another way for these faggots to make money off us

Ike Turner

CDCR_#k775281
Jul 17, 2011
South San Jose
NO, but got a ticket for amplified speakers a year ago. some fucking bullshit. getting a ticket for tinted windows is just a fix it ticket i think. just tint the shit back after it's cleared

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
I have 35% in the front and limo all around the back

in Cali it's illegal to have any tint on the front

I was just reading some shit online and on some forum people were saying they can hold you in contempt of court and you can eventually do jail time if you don't get it removed... seems like bullshit to me though.

I think the whole law is stupid as fuck... how the fuck is having tinted windows dangerous to me or anyone else on the road. just another way for these faggots to make money off us
when i got my windows tinted 3 years ago, i told them dudes to make the front legal, and the back dark.
i've been pulled over by the police and they never questioned my front tint. this was at night tho
however i have driven by police of course several times and they havent pulled me over. maybe they met their quota for that day.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
It's the same here too we can't go over a certain % tint wise it might be 35% and also can't do the front.

NO, but got a ticket for amplified speakers a year ago. some fucking bullshit. getting a ticket for tinted windows is just a fix it ticket i think. just tint the shit back after it's cleared
what... that sounds dumb. were you blasting it when they pulled you over or was it a random search?

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
when i got my windows tinted 3 years ago, i told them dudes to make the front legal, and the back dark.
i've been pulled over by the police and they never questioned my front tint. this was at night tho
however i have driven by police of course several times and they havent pulled me over. maybe they met their quota for that day.
I told them the same thing when I had mine done. they told me it was illegal to have any tint on the front. they said they would do it, but had to warn me that it's illegal and they're not liable for any tickets I get. they said a lot of people just get 35% because it doesn't stand out as much and you're less likely to get pulled over.

I've also been pulled over with my tint before, and they didn't say shit... pulled up to cops at red lights and everything, never said shit. guess they didn't have shit else to do today. my boy warned me that the boys in pittsburg will fuck you for dumb shit like tinted windows... he was right I guess

Ike Turner

CDCR_#k775281
Jul 17, 2011
South San Jose
i had it up a bit, but it wasn't something you could here from the next block. just 2 12's. he was just looking for someone to fuck with, cause he made us get out the car. made us close our eyes, and open for a flash light test. asked why my car smells like weed, when neither of us were high, or had anything. he asked to search the car,i said no, so he started to call for assistance, so i told him to calm down go ahead and search the fucking car. wrote me a $200 and i drove off.
It's the same here too we can't go over a certain % tint wise it might be 35% and also can't do the front.

what... that sounds dumb. were you blasting it when they pulled you over or was it a random search?

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
so i told him to calm down go ahead and search the fucking car.
That is where he got you. He can't search it unless you give him permission or he has a warrant.

I'd check up on laws and regulations about amps.. Because it sounds bogus.

May 6, 2002
I have a letter from an optometrist stating I have photophobia and my eyes get really dry, requiring me to drive with sun glasses and/or tinted windows. That letter works every time. Only one time did they write me up even with the letter and the judge dismissed it anyways.

My vision is on point.
20/20 since I was a kid.
It's just on the eye centers letterhead with the doctors sig.

Ike Turner

CDCR_#k775281
Jul 17, 2011
South San Jose
yeah, that's where he got me. their wasn't anything in the car, and i didn't wanna see anymore rollers, and have them fuck with us even harder. eventually they will search the car, for some reasonable cause bullshit like suspicious behavior and the smell of marijuana......LOL, man i don't even like being next to a cop or having to talk them, so i just made it quick to get things over with.
That is where he got you. He can't search it unless you give him permission or he has a warrant.

I'd check up on laws and regulations about amps.. Because it sounds bogus.

Ike Turner

CDCR_#k775281
Jul 17, 2011
South San Jose
i'd give you props, but your prop button is gone
I have a letter from an optometrist stating I have photophobia and my eyes get really dry, requiring me to drive with sun glasses and/or tinted windows. That letter works every time. Only one time did they write me up even with the letter and the judge dismissed it anyways.

My vision is on point.
20/20 since I was a kid.
It's just on the eye centers letterhead with the doctors sig.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
yeah, that's where he got me. their wasn't anything in the car, and i didn't wanna see anymore rollers, and have them fuck with us even harder. eventually they will search the car, for some reasonable cause bullshit like suspicious behavior and the smell of marijuana......LOL, man i don't even like being next to a cop or having to talk them, so i just made it quick to get things over with.
I hate dealing with them too, but if I'm not high or drunk or in a rush I'm gonna fuck with them cause I know my rights.

If you had nothing ilegal in the car and they searched it you can get them for unreasonable search and seizure and is a violation of your Fourth Amendment rights, but if you got residue anywhere in your car...lol just keep it moving cause they will find it.