Thinking of moving to the Seattle area

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
lol at moving across the country to live in bremerton:

If you're gonnna move to seattle move to seattle. It's actually a great city to live in, i've been here for just over a decade and I love it.

Nov 20, 2007
just looked that up on the map and it came up as being in the west part of seattle. how is that?

Bellingham is boring records, and any big city is what you make it, Life begins outside your comfort zone. Hella foo's move here knowing no one and doing nothing but work to home talkin about Seattles boring, but there is bitches to be got and kickin it to do. depends what floats your boat mayne. But foo's aint welcoming you to the area inviting you to freeknick You gosta get up and get out...you got Fam or friends up here? Best to be close to them? lil cities gonna be prolly boring though than you gon impregnate a ugly chick and get tied down records!
small cities is good for me without the ugly chick thang haha. i'm pretty kick back so what's boring to most might be coo for me lol. somewhere slow would suit me fine. but shit i'm always meeting connecting and networking with somebody somewhere so that's not an issue. and yes i've heard about females out there. i'll definitely be at that!!!!! yea there's a lot of coo ass spots up there that i keep hearing about that i would frequent. but nah no friends or fam that i know of off top.

lol at moving across the country to live in bremerton:

If you're gonnna move to seattle move to seattle. It's actually a great city to live in, i've been here for just over a decade and I love it.
lol yea i'm coo off bremerton, that shit looks far from everything else on the map. but honestly anywhere up there thats quiet and chill and cheap and drama free. been there done that with all the other stuff lol. in 2011, people really do knock on your door to borrow shit still and other stuff lol. tryna move somewhere just to slow down and all that type of stuff. and it can be done in the city too but small city is preferable too. i'm 30 so i ain't trippin off too much except just wanting to work and go out from time to time kick it and raise the kids feel me.

just wanna go somewhere different.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
if you trying to spend around 1k for a 2 bedroom you can still stay in cali, you don't have to move to rainy suicideville

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
i'm pretty kick back so what's boring to most might be coo for me lol. somewhere slow would suit me fine.

but honestly anywhere up there thats quiet and chill and cheap and drama free. been there done that with all the other stuff lol. in 2011, people really do knock on your door to borrow shit still and other stuff lol. tryna move somewhere just to slow down and all that type of stuff. and it can be done in the city too but small city is preferable too. i'm 30 so i ain't trippin off too much except just wanting to work and go out from time to time kick it and raise the kids feel me.

just wanna go somewhere different.
belltown sucks cause you pay ridiculous rent (like 1500+) and you live around a bunch of heroin junkies and crackheads and street riff raff. its loud downtown city noise all day and loud drunks and crime at night. youll end up like robert deniro in that movie taxi, lol. alki is chill but there can be drama there, and the shits a bitch to drive around.

meh id suggest freemont, wallingford, or ballard, or magnolia.
freemont is chill and has a bar scene, good food. wallingford is where people from freemont go after they have kids. ballard is nice. magnolia is nice; as long as you dont live in the areas with dense amounts of apartment complexes

i dont know about 2bedroom rent for $1,000 though, maybe if you get lucky

Nov 20, 2007
if you trying to spend around 1k for a 2 bedroom you can still stay in cali, you don't have to move to rainy suicideville
i feel you. i'm just tryna go somewhere else outside of cali to somewhere different.

belltown sucks cause you pay ridiculous rent (like 1500+) and you live around a bunch of heroin junkies and crackheads and street riff raff. its loud downtown city noise all day and loud drunks and crime at night. youll end up like robert deniro in that movie taxi, lol. alki is chill but there can be drama there, and the shits a bitch to drive around.

meh id suggest freemont, wallingford, or ballard, or magnolia.
freemont is chill and has a bar scene, good food. wallingford is where people from freemont go after they have kids. ballard is nice. magnolia is nice; as long as you dont live in the areas with dense amounts of apartment complexes

i dont know about 2bedroom rent for $1,000 though, maybe if you get lucky
yea the bar scene is good for me. i'mma check those spots out and keep everything in mind. right on to everyone in here!!!!!

May 11, 2002
lol yea i seen that olympia was not too far away so i was curious about that too. what about north like bellingham (kinda far north but...), snohomish, and any lil cities that going toward the border or bellingham? it doesn't have to be in seattle but somewhere around it. isn't redmond nearby lol? and i'm coo off spokane.

lol
I live in Bellingham, it's a small liberal college town, when I graduate I am probably move back down to Seattle. There isn't much to do here, unless your into hiking, snowboarding, kayaking, shit like that. I like it for the most part. The rent is cheap and there isn't traffic. Its cool to being close to Vancouver. There is a lot of homegrown weed up here plus all the weed that comes down from BC.
If you move to Seattle I would move to Ballard, U-District, Capital Hill or Queen Anne.

Mar 14, 2010
Central District is Cool..and not too expensive. Its 1 bus ride from downtown. I've lived here for a while and i always end up in the CD. Love the neighborhood. Lots of Good folks round here.

Apr 6, 2008
renton, kent, federal way were places i was looking at. west seattle & lynnwood are some other spots. if u want cheap, check around the tacoma & everette area. the 206 havent been the same since ricks shut down.

Mar 14, 2010
So thats what the 206 was all about? Ricks^? Tricky Dick ass Nega. lol.. Do "NOT" Move to FREMONT or WALLINGFORD!!! Unless your a uptight little bitch go right ahead. the most plastic people in Seattle live in those areas!!! Stay away! u been warned! (Unless your a white boy that fits in..but in REALITY (My REALITY) who the Fuck would want to fit in with those faggot ass Inner City Extra Terrestrials!) Really tho.. BALLARD is Cool. Central District is awesome. Those 2 places i would definitly recommend. Or Renton, its slowly becoming a Bigger community. Nice area too.

and Magnolia!!! Stay out!Butcher 206 must be a spoiled little white fag to be chillin in those areas.lol

Nov 24, 2003
Do "NOT" Move to FREMONT or WALLINGFORD!!! Unless your a uptight little bitch go right ahead. the most plastic people in Seattle live in those areas!!! Stay away! u been warned! .
Fremont and Wallingford are about the exact opposite of plastic. :confused:

and Magnolia!!! Stay out!Butcher 206 must be a spoiled little white fag to be chillin in those areas.lol[/B]
What is wrong with Magnolia?

Mar 14, 2010
Im from the Hood. Maybe thats why i cant stand those punk ass exclusive neighborhoods. Everytime i go through there i get fucking Gawked at, people start doing this faggot ass Nose twinkle, and give you the dirtiest looks. Im not used to that shit. and i learned by experience..So now i just stay the fuck away. Im not your average Person, i get shitty looks and treated very rudely. Im not one of you cute niggas.. Im a real street looking muthafucka. I just dont fit in there. But without me there would be no them.... So im cool with that. Im just saying... there is definitly other places here that have good folks and good neighborhoods aside from living next to a Gay couple in Cut off daisy dukes with Lumberjack beards.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
skyway / the central district / renton / federal way / tacoma / kent / white center / south park / everett / west seattle / lynnwood= low income, people on government assistance, shootings, drugs, assaults, robberies, prostitution etc.

magnolia / ballard / freemont / wallingford / queen anne / capitol hill / green lake = beautiful days in the neighborhood, alls well that ends well, outside watering their lawns and shit, birds chirping, dogs barking, its beautiful man, beautiful

[video=youtube;jmIXdekoZ_M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmIXdekoZ_M[/video]

i grew up in south park, spent a lot of time in white center / west seattle, lived in federal way for years, lived in kent for years, now im living in fife. low rent = shitty places to live

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Central District is Cool..and not too expensive. Its 1 bus ride from downtown. I've lived here for a while and i always end up in the CD. Love the neighborhood. Lots of Good folks round here.
he forgot to mention the convenient bus ride hes talking about happens to be the bus route with the highest amounts of assaults and other incidents in all of washington. they use shitty buses from the 80s because no one respects the bus enough to keep it nice, so you'll end up on a packed bus with cut up seats and graffitti everywhere and it'll smell like piss and beer and vomit, some bum will probably smoke some crack next to you or some shit, then when you get off the bus you'll get followed by 10 teenagers who will pepper spray you, stun gun you and run through your pockets

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
just wanted to add a statistic you probably want to know; while im not saying seattle is hood or violent or anything, far from it, but you should know that about 50% of seattles serious crime happens in small concentrated area (the central district). shootings and robberies and other violent crimes happen there every day or every other day

http://publicola.com/2011/03/30/seattles-crime-hotspots/
http://www.seattle.gov/audit/docs/2011Mar29_HotSpotsWhatWorks.pdf

May 9, 2002
Im from the Hood. Maybe thats why i cant stand those punk ass exclusive neighborhoods. Everytime i go through there i get fucking Gawked at, people start doing this faggot ass Nose twinkle, and give you the dirtiest looks. Im not used to that shit. and i learned by experience..So now i just stay the fuck away. Im not your average Person, i get shitty looks and treated very rudely. Im not one of you cute niggas.. Im a real street looking muthafucka. I just dont fit in there. But without me there would be no them.... So im cool with that. Im just saying... there is definitly other places here that have good folks and good neighborhoods aside from living next to a Gay couple in Cut off daisy dukes with Lumberjack beards.
Youre a fag. Shut the fuck up.

ANYWAYS

$1000 for a 2BR is not going to happen IN the Seattle city limits, or is very hard to find. Especially if you want a place that is less than 20 years old. However, if you check out Shoreline, you can find those prices. Its 10 miutes from downtown.

Queen Anne, Ballard, Ravenna, Magnolia, Wallingford...all have a very nice "nieghborhood" feel to them...which is what I prefer. I live in South Lake Union, and we pay $2000+ each month for a 2BR/2BA. I would rather live in ravenna and pay $1500 for the same space, though.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
$1000 for a 2 bedroom sounds insane. Move to Wisconsin you can rent a 2 bedroom house for 6-700. You can get a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment for like 400. You'd have to learn to shovel tho