The "what are you playing" thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 4, 2002
I think every aliens game ever made has been total shit. I remember playing a FPS aliens game on the sega Saturn and its was beyond wack.

Even the AvP they had for the PC sucked.

Last edited:

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I think every aliens game ever made has been total shit. I remember playing a FPS aliens game on the sega Saturn and its was beyond wack.

Even the AvP they had for the PC sucked.
No. I think Aliens 3 for Sega Genesis had good reviews. But yeah, the reviews for this Aliens game have ensured that it will be in the bargain bin in like a month.

In other news, The Last of Us has been delayed.

Jun 24, 2005
The reviews for Dead Space 3 are all over the place. I don't even know if I should open mine.

007 and Stick, let me know what you guys think about it and how it stacks up to the previous games.
I'm a decent ways into it and it's pretty cool so far. The graphics and atmosphere are top notch as always. The story is great like the previous games.

I do have two major complaints though. They got rid of the Save Stations. Now it just automatically saves, which is really annoying. They also nerfed the hell out of the classic Plasma Cutter. The fire rate on it is so slow. That kind of eliminates the strategic dismemberment that's been a staple of the series. Don't get me wrong, the new weapons are cool, but change one of the gameplay fundamentals of the entire series. All that said, using some of pre-order bonus weapons, I dismantled them and crafted a really badass gun that rips through enemies pretty easily lol.

Props: HERESY
Jun 11, 2004
Picked up The Witcher on steam for 10 bucks. Played the sequel on Xbox and loved it (videogame areoles breh). This is gonna be my first computer game I ever played tho so I'm kinda sceptical. Anybody here fuck with computer games? (I'm on Mac)

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2005
Just beat Dead Space 3 and the game is absolutely awesome. Going back to my previous complaints, I changed my mind about the Plasma Cutter. I crafted one and it was indeed extremely beastly. The weapon crafting is a lot of fun.

Also, I played the game on Normal difficulty, and I never found myself short on supplies. There were a couple times where I was out of health packs, but it wasn't very often.

The ending to the game was spectacularly fun. I was worried about the game being more action-oriented, but it felt like a natural progression. I was also worried about fighting the human enemies, but it made complete sense.

This also felt like the longest of the games in the franchise. It's hard to judge because I did all the optional side missions that I could, so I now that increased the play-time, but my time was well over 20 hours I think.

One last thing concerning the in-game micro-transactions. I never once thought about using real money to buy in-game resources. On Normal, resources were plentiful and I never felt like they made resources scarce to force people into buying the micro-transactions.

HERESY @HERESY - If you're still on the fence, don't be. This is a Dead Space game through and through.

May 4, 2002
So I red boxed aliens and I'm glad I did bc I feel sorry for anyone who paid $60 for this game.

The graphics look like a launch 360 title, the graphical glitches in this game are funny and sad at the same time. While fighting what i would assume was a "boss" I get to use the mech from the aliens movies, so I'm hitting this big alien and i knock this alien behind some steel bars and its gilitching bAck and forth hitting me all while being stuck. I also get stuck on rocks while walking around every level, do people even test these games anymore?

The guns in this game are useless, as are the grenades. There is no point for a weapons upgrade system if it doesn't mean shit

All in all for a $3 rental it still wasn't worth my time.

My next rent will be far cry 3

Last edited:
May 4, 2002
The walking dead was a great fucking game, I let a few people
Slide and got fucked.

I replayed some eps and it doesn't matter what response you chose the story just goes on.

Now on to crisis 3

Props: HERESY
May 4, 2002
I can't seem to get into c3, I don't know if its bc I didn't play the first 2 games or what.

The graphics are top notch but it does have some minor glitches at some points, like random static at the top of the screen.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Been playing Scarface on PS2 for the past couple weeks.

I've been trying to break myself of the perspective that playing a game without achievements is no longer the cool thing to do.