the portland trailblazers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 4, 2002
^yeah I herd it, probably a smoke screen, like KP was saying today. this was a smoke screen draft and he expects all the upcoming drafts to be the same... or they were asking for to much and kp said fuck that and you.

Jun 27, 2005
LOL man there is no way Utah a) doesn't sign Williams to an extension before his contract is up or b) Utah would deal him to a division rival. The only way this happens is if Williams just really can't stand Utah and wants to leave AND wants to play in Portland.

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
Bayless: I'll show the NBA

Tucson Citizen
Jerryd Bayless is headed to an up-and-coming Portland team, but a question seemingly will continue to dog him after he slipped to No. 11 in the NBA draft:

Is the former Arizona star a shooting or a point guard?

"I think they are crazy," Bayless said when asked what he would say to people who don't think he can play both guard spots. "That's what I think."

The question may have contributed to Bayless falling out of the top 10 in New York City and being picked by the Indiana Pacers, who agreed to deal him to Portland.

Bayless appeared visibly upset that he went that low, after it was predicted in mock drafts that he could be picked as high as No. 4 by Seattle or realistically No. 7 by the Los Angeles Clippers.

"I have 10 teams to prove wrong now," Bayless told ESPN radio. "I'm going to definitely go out and try to do that. Hopefully everything works out."

About 30 minutes after Bayless was drafted, ESPN and the Portland Oregonian reported that Indiana agreed to send him to Portland for No. 13 pick Brandon Rush of Kansas, Jarrett Jack and Josh McRoberts. The Pacers also would send former Arizona State forward Ike Diogu to Portland.

Bayless looked happier when he talked to ESPN about the young team, which includes former UA center Channing Frye and 2007 No. 1 pick Greg Oden.

"(Portland) is a great team already," Bayless said, still wearing his Pacers' cap. "They may be missing one or two parts. They are definitely a playoff contention team.

"Hopefully, I can go in there and play hard and be that missing part."

Bayless becomes the fourth former Phoenix-area and former UA player to go in the first round. The others were Mike Bibby (second, 1998); Richard Jefferson (13th, 2001); and Frye.

Asked if he wants to be the best of the bunch, Bayless said no doubt.

"I want to be the best I can be," he said. "If that (means) being the best out of Arizona, I'll try to do that."

Former UA guard Jawann McClellan was not drafted. He was hopeful on Thursday night that he would land on a summer league team. He's not sure where that would be.

"We'll see," he said. "It'll be emotional for me even if I get on a summer team."

As for Bayless, he is headed to the youngest team in the NBA last season. Next season, Portland could be one of the more athletically talented squads if Oden returns from his knee injury and Bayless has an immediate impact.

The roster also includes forward LaMarcus Aldridge, shooter James Jones and talented guard Brandon Roy.

The Pacers agreed in principle to trade Jermaine O'Neal to the Toronto Raptors for point guard T.J. Ford, so that's why they were willing to trade Bayless to Portland.

"I feel I can play any position the coach tells me to do," Bayless told ESPN television afterward, not knowing then he might go to Portland. "If the coaching staff tells me to play point guard, then I'm going to do it. If they ask me to play off the ball, I'm going to do that too.

"Whatever the situation (is) I'm going to do it."

Bayless is Arizona's ninth lottery selection and the eighth UA underclassman to enter the draft early and be selected since 1991, joining Brian Williams (1991), Mike Bibby (1998), Gilbert Arenas (2001), Richard Jefferson (2001), Michael Wright (2001), Andre Iguodala (2004) and Marcus Williams (2007).

The Oregonian reported that the Blazers had Bayless ranked as the fourth-best prospect overall.

"I really like him; I think he's a heck of a player," Portland general manager Kevin Pritchard told the Oregonian.

Bayless was the first freshman to lead UA in scoring since Sean Elliott in 1985-86. Phoenix St. Mary's High grad Bayless finished third in the Pacific-10 Conference in scoring, averaging 19.7 points. The honorable mention All-American averaged 4.0 assists.

According to the Oregonian, the Blazers likely would plug him in the point guard rotation in place of Jack.

Bayless would compete with starter Steve Blake.

The 6-foot-2 Bayless did not work out for Portland during the predraft process, but he got a big endorsement from Frye, who also attended UA and St. Mary's High.

"He is extremely competitive and he is an extremely good talent," Frye told the Oregonian in an e-mail. "I'm happy we have him here and he's gonna make us better, not only on the court but off."

According to the NBA's collective bargaining agreement, which has a pre-established rookie pay scale, as the No. 11 draft pick, Bayless will make $1.661 million in guaranteed salary for the 2008-09 season.

His second-year salary, also guaranteed, will be $1.79 million.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
Maybe second, but I don't think any team can rival the ''hate'' that the Lakers get, year in and year out. LOL jealousy is a bitch, because most people don't even know WHY they hate them.

"Lakers are bitches, Kobe's a fag, Fakers, etc..." doesn't count.

Phil, Krazee, etc...with the Boston/Los Angeles rivalry makes sense. Kings fans who've had the only good thing (sports-wise) they've EVER HAD crushed and pissed on...that's understandable. Spurs fans, with the 'rivalry'...yeah, I suppose.

The only thing worse than bandwagon FANS are bandwagon haters. LOL pathetic.

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
dont forget the 2000 wcf game 7.....

or the other countless first round eliminations throughout the years... that helpe me build a heavy hatered for the lakers..

i remember plottin on lightin up the la bus a few times wit some of the homies...lol

Sep 4, 2002
TRAIL BLAZERS SIGN INTERNATIONAL STAR RUDY FERNANDEZ

Spanish guard acquired by Portland in a 2007 Draft Day trade

PORTLAND, Ore. - The Portland Trail Blazers reached an agreement to sign Spanish guard Rudy Fernandez, it was announced today by general manager Kevin Pritchard.

"I am so excited about joining the Trail Blazers and the NBA," said Fernandez. "The whole staff did a tremendous job making me feel like a very important team member to them and made me forget about the economic issues because of the rookie scale.

"My dream has been to play in the NBA and Portland is giving me this opportunity. I was amazed about everything that Mr. Allen, Kevin Pritchard, Coach McMillan and the rest of the guys did to show me how much they wanted me. Brandon Roy, Greg Oden, LaMarcus Aldridge, I can't wait to play with them. We will do nice things!"

Fernandez, 23, spent the past seven seasons playing for DKV Joventut Badalona in the Spanish ACB League, and is a regular member of the Spanish National Team.

"We are thrilled to finally have Rudy Fernandez in a Trail Blazers jersey," said Pritchard. "Rudy is a tremendously talented player who has achieved great things in Spain and Europe. His work ethic and character will fit well with the culture we've created here, and we're very excited to get him on the floor after the Olympics."

Portland acquired Fernandez in a 2007 Draft Day trade with Phoenix that was finalized July 11, 2007. The Trail Blazers received the draft rights to Fernandez (selected by the Suns with the 24th overall pick) and James Jones in exchange for cash considerations.

The 6-6 guard is coming off his best professional season to date in 2007-08, when he averaged 21.2 points, 3.1 rebounds, 4.1 assists, 2.2 steals and shot 41.0% from 3-point range in 30 league games. DKV Joventut Badalona won both the ULEB Cup and The Copa del Rey this season, with Fernandez taking home MVP honors in both competitions.

A longtime member of the Spanish National Team, Fernandez played a key role for his country in the 2004 Olympic Games (7th place), 2006 FIBA World Championships (Gold Medal) and 2007 FIBA European Basketball Championships (Silver Medal). He is scheduled to play in the 2008 Olympic Games this summer.

With the move to Portland, Fernandez will become the eighth Spaniard to play in the NBA and the third for the Trail Blazers, joining Fernando Martin (1986-87) and Sergio Rodriguez (2006-present).

http://blog.oregonlive.com/blazers/2008/07/its_official_blazers_sign_rudy.html

Jun 27, 2005
^it's July 7th when they can do it, something with Ike's contract that it can't happen till the 7th I believe
Well I know that financially the 08-09 season doesn't start until the 9th and in order for salaries to match under the CBA the trade can't be official until then because some changes in salary. Some kind of shit like that cause if you look at the espn trade checker, Diogu makes more than McRoberts and Jack combined, but I think once their salaries get bumped up they work under the CBA or some shit like that. I just remember Bayless saying on 95.5 that he was supposed to be in town for a press conference today. maybe he just meant he was showing up to meet everybody and attend Rudy's press conference.