The Official : Recommend A Restaurant Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 14, 2006
east bay
dojasak707 said:
You guys should check out Hard Knocks in frisco. Its some bomb southern/soul food in frisco. Good place to get lunch and a beer even though its small and it can get crowded. If ya wanna check it out its on 3rd street right next to 22nd.

hell yeah.
when ever i visit my pops over on potrero hill we walk down then and have lunch or dinner.

shit is bomb.

May 9, 2002
Here are some reviews of Gordito's:

Aside from the free chips and salsa, all I eat here are the burritos, as reflected in this review, and here’s why: a $6 burrito can easily provide 2-3 meals; an $8 burrito grande could last 4-5. Unfortunately, they don’t offer a white-meat chicken option for their burritos, which would make these babies near perfect (and when I say baby, I mean that the burrito grande is about the size of a small infant). The rest of the ingredients are also fairly healthy: seasoned rice, black beans, freshly-diced tomato, lettuce, and diced jalapeno if you opt for a ‘spicy’ burrito. If that’s not tongue-burny enough for you, they also have a salsa bar with selections from mild to hot, and a fiery medley of pickled jalepeno, carrot, and onion if you’re looking for some eye-watering fun disguised as a garnish.
The staff is always friendly and serves you as quick as possible. Some Fri and Sat nights the line is out the door. The parking is really tight especially if you have a large vehicle or even a mid-size. You can order a large burrito and definately have leftovers for lunch the next day. The carne asada burrito is AWESOME and the chicken is good as well. The regular size burrito will probably still give you leftover sthe next day and only costs around $6. The restaurant is a self-serve, homey place, and extremely warm in the summer, though there is an outside patio in the back. There is a great salsa bar. You are expected to clear your own table, and there are to-go boxes if you need to pack up. It's part of keeping the costs low. Love it!
Big and delicious, that pretty much sums up a Gorditio's Burrito. One of the mass market "mexican" restaurants recently claimed that "you need two hands to handle one of these", by that standard you would need about 16 hands to handle a Gorditios Grande Burrito. Ingredients are all fresh, the salsa is homemade, and the Gordito's Beer is good. Get the burritos to go though because the high ceilings and tile floors make it virtually impossible to hold a conversation in the dining area. Parking can be difficult as well. Rumor has it a second Gorditios will be opening sometime this year.
Gordito's serves the biggest burritos in the Northwest. I highly recommend splitting one with someone rather than trying to polish one off on your own. But they are great. Gordito's also has an interesting "family recipe" salsa and great agua frescas. Parking isn't a problem but I have seen lines for Gordito's going down the sidewalk. But it is definitely worth waiting.
The line out the door is really the only con. The food at Gorditos features the freshest ingredients, nice cuts of meat, and fabulous seasonings and sauces. One burrito will fill you for dinner and lunch the next day!
The portions here are incredible. It is very difficult to get through 1 burrito in a single sitting, and it takes some people 2 or 3 tries at it! The food is absolutely exellent, and so cheap, which is great for a starving college student! The only disadvantage is its popularity, because it can take a while waiting in line. And it is not open Tuesdays

Dec 9, 2005
^ I thought they always have...? Or was it pot roast or something...I remember eating there, and there was a designated person there cutting up some kind of red meat...? All I know is, at the one in Pinole...you see ladies wrapping shit up in napkins and stuffing shit in their purse...LMAO.

djgo

Sicc OG
Oct 4, 2005
el farollito on mission in the city

(damn, i used to hit up the bud's on springs a lot. they better keep the sonoma one open though)

Oct 3, 2005
Liverpool Lil's on Lombard in SF, hella good

Kincaid's in Burlingame

Alfred's in SF on Merchant and Montgomery, good steak house but you better have hella bread to eat there.

Lingba on 18th and Missouri, trendy thai food but good

Home Plate on Lombard in SF, good ass breakfast

Rib Shack in San Bruno usedtobe the best BBQ this side of Texas, but it got sold 4 years ago and just wasn't good anymore

Dec 9, 2005
Might've already been mentioned in this..

But there is no steak house in The Bay that even comes close to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse on Van Ness in SF, right next to Guitar Center.

Plan on spending about 80+ a plate tho...

Dec 9, 2005
Also, The Beach Chalet is nice, and the food is good. Its the restaurant right in front of Ocean Beach, the same one from the Ms. Doubtfire movie..

Dec 29, 2005
SHEA said:
HELL YES.

I eat @ that muh fucker 3 times a week! ( Tres Portillos )

....my boy works @ the check cashing spot right there- one day we were walking next door, & BAM!- some dumb bitch fliped her car 3 times on Fair Oaks
Lil rojo