The Official Random Thought Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2008
I only know about that group cause of the last video u dropped zero.. but this one tops it haha i dont know what to think about it lol kinda left me speechless haha

Jan 6, 2012
I just watched "Paul"... The alien flick w Simon Pegg and Nick Frost...

It's "cute"... Not hilarious or anything, but it has moments. Lots of cool supporting actors and a ton of great "geek" references. It's worth a look. The ending has a few interesting swerves that I didn't expect.

3 in the morn and time for a powerhower.com with Steel Reserve!

Jan 6, 2012
I just watched two stories about 14ish year old girls who killed themselves because of "bullying"... They only showed one pic... and the girl was mad cute.

So WTF? Are kids really killing themselves because of bullying? WTF is classified as "bullying" these days anyway? Back in the day I used to have to get beat the fuck up to call someone a "bully". And even then, I wouldn't call him a "bully", I'd call him an asshole.

How fucking lame are we that we're blaming "bullying" on girls killing themselves these days?

Seems like a nice "out", for fathers who might be fucking their own kids to blame Facebook and "bullying" for female suicides...

Shit man... I got "picked on" in school... I had times where I walked through the halls expecting to get into a fight with some asshole because I had a big fucking mouth. I never decided I'd kill myself because of it.

I think it's convenient that bad parents who didn't give a fuck about their kids feelings/emotions, and probably were never there in the first place get to feel some comfort in thinking that it wasn't them... It was "bullying" that caused it.

A fucking "bully" doesn't make you hang yourself, or cut your wrists so deep that you bleed out.

Thank you, Facebook... For giving abusive/absent parents a pass on guilt for their child's suicide(s).

On that note... Maybe if there was an outlet for these kids, like Manson was for me and others in the 90's, we would have more cutters and less suicides.

Harsh? Yes.

True? Yep...

Kids don't even have a musical outlet to vent their shit... All they have is lame ass house music and even worse dubstep with no fucking message.

It's pretty sad that my parents used to tell me that the music that I liked was offensive because of its lyrics about women, religion, violence, etc. and I'm going to have to tell my kids to stop listening to bubblegum pop bullshit because it's too "family friendly".

I'm going to have to tell my kids to man the fuck up and listen to some harder shit with a real band and some curse words. Man the FUCK UP and cut yourself!

Shit, mayne...

May 7, 2008
Whoever runs the strange website needs to be fired..

1st. Theres no download link
2nd. Both versions(even tho labeled differently) are the same edited song
3rd. They "Fix" the links with the explict version downloading as a blank file without mp3 extension.

A company like strange should get someone professional running that shit.

If your wondering how to get the "blank file" to work.. just add the .mp3 extension and its fixed.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
My gf took me to see Chronicle last night, and holy shit was of awesome! It's a "found footage" style film, and honestly the best one I've ever seen. For as little as was spent to make the movie, they churned out a product that is 100x better than any big budget film has been in the last few years.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Well, you had better pray it is because news circulating around Hollywood is an all American live action remake of Akira and Bradley Cooper was in talks to play Kaneda. Now they've got someone else potentially being cast in the role.

Chronicle was really and excellent use of the shaky cam film style. Three dudes gain telekinesis, then all hell breaks loose. They use cctv, mirrors, and the telekinesis itself(in context, of course) to create some pretty spectacular angles and cinematography

Aug 20, 2006
FLA
chronicle looked really iffy to me. like it has the potential to be really good or a pile of shit. i decided to stop at a goodwill on the way to the flea market today and ended up buying 20 vinyls. its all kinds of shit like village people, fleetwood mac, steely dan, oingo boingo, santana, earth, wind and fire, journey. today was a good day.

Jan 6, 2012
Well, you had better pray it is because news circulating around Hollywood is an all American live action remake of Akira and Bradley Cooper was in talks to play Kaneda. Now they've got someone else potentially being cast in the role.
Yeah they've been talking about that movie for years now... A few years ago Leonardo Dicaprio was supposed to be a lead... supposedly. I don't see it ever happening... Especially since I have yet to meet a person who can tell me what the fuck that movie is even about.

Hey has anybody seen these "McBite" commercials and noticed that everybody in the commercial is half asian?

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
chronicle looked really iffy to me. like it has the potential to be really good or a pile of shit. i decided to stop at a goodwill on the way to the flea market today and ended up buying 20 vinyls. its all kinds of shit like village people, fleetwood mac, steely dan, oingo boingo, santana, earth, wind and fire, journey. today was a good day.
It falls into that category with Skyline and The Darkest Hour, and makes both of those films look so much worse than they already are. There's a good amount of predictability in the film, but overall the character arcs and seeing what each of them does with their powers is pretty stunning.