The Official Random Thought Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Why doesn't Tech do more work with Yuk & the Regime? Uh, because "it's hard to get two bosses in the same place" according to Tech. I think there's some truth to it though. The "established" members of the Regime outside of Tech are from out there in Cali so they're near when it's time to do something. The others are... well, nobodies so it doesn't hurt them to hang around Yuk waiting to get told "We're doing something for the Regime, be at the studio."

Beyond that, maybe Tech doesn't do anything for the Regime compilations and shit... because the Regime doesn't do anything for them period. Sure, they dropped those mixtapes but that was back in 2005-2006. "Regime Life" was "coming soon" since like... 2002. Now for the past like three years "the Regime Dragon Gang" album has been "coming soon" and yet, still nothing.

Also... no love for Dru Down? That said, I still think the pre-2002 or so era of the Regime was the best. Back when it was Yuk, Tech, LQ, Phats Boss, Lil Keke, Mad Maxx and Gonzoe.

Nov 14, 2002
For the record, Red State is actually a better movie than I had expected. It has a "Wrong Turn/Texas Chainsaw" feel to it. You never really know what's coming next, which was a surprise to me. You never really know who the hero of the movie is until the end.

It seemed short. I don't know if it was genuinely short, if I was just enjoying it a lot, or it was just a bit too all over the place, but it seemed like you never knew if you were 30 minutes into the movie, or 70 minutes in...

Oh, and...

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Forgot about the Pimp Of The Year Dru Down! I think if done right, a Regime album would be dope. Hey, a guy can wish, right?
I would agree with this. I got kind of hyped when LQ did an interview several years ago and said they were doing an album and it would mainly be Yuk, Tech, him, Gonz and Dru Down. But the way the roster looks these days, with 5-6 solid names and 20 cats no one has ever heard of... I wouldn't have high hopes for it if they ever did actually do something.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Could be the track Irv was talking about doing a couple weeks ago called "Nightmares", featuring Brotha Lynch, Hopsin and Krizz. Unless he's talking about putting Irv on something of his.

Nov 27, 2007
SO THE HOPSIN SHOW...

1. The promoter bailed day of the show
2. got to the venue, it was half the size of my room.
3. Hopsin, Swizz, and whoever the fuck else they came with were an hour and half late.
It became a complete dud, and so me and friends cut our loses, went to a Hop that never lets us down... IHOP. got some chocolate chip pancakes and went home.

Hop is a tall ass motherfucker tho