The Official Golden State Warriors 2009-2010 Season

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 7, 2003
really? i think they will be fighting for that 8th seed in the west.

the only locks are

1. lakers
2. spurs
3. nuggets
4. mavs
5. jazz
6. blazers
7. ??
8. ??

you got the warriors/hornets/suns/rockets/thunder/clips pretty much fighting for those last 2 spots. i can easily see the warriors having a better season then most of those teams

Jun 23, 2002
^^^

I dunno man. Saying the warriors have a better shot at the postseason over the hornets is pretty crazy. Actually, all those teams you mentioned are better than us besides maybe the thunder (who may actually surprise some people and be good)

We still have no defense. We still have no rebounding. I'm curious as to why you think we even have a chance. Let's be realistic here, what have we done about our 2 main concerns. We got Mikki Moore, Devean George and Speedy fucking Claxton. Wright is out as you know already. Randoph really has to tear it up and play out of his mind for us to have a chance, and even then it's a long shot.

Jack might be gone by January, Monta doesn't want to be there either. I'm trying to get excited for the new season but damn as an organization and coaching wise we suck.

Aug 7, 2003
your such a debbie downer. randolph doesnt have to play out of his mind. he just has to be consistent.

paul vs. monta
posey vs. 2 guard (probably azubuike)
wright vs. jackson
west vs. randolph
okafor vs. biedrnis

thats a good game right there and if randolph can play good D on West i can see the warriors winning most of those matchups. not to mention our bench would be deeper.
turiaf, morrow, curry, maggettee, moore or the bench.

Jun 23, 2002
What, in any shape or form, has given me ANY reason to be positive about the Warriors? I've supported them for a long time on this board - I'm entitled to shit on them as much as I want as a loyal fan. I'm surprised more of you are so supportive. After 15 years of garbage (excluding the playoff run), you've got to say, what the fuck is going on here?

Go ahead and be optimistic - you're just going to be disappointed again come May. Until they show me something I'll be skeptical

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Watching that clip of S-jax talking during practice made me somewhat sad...reminiscing about the playoff team, and hes right, they built a core with those players and just destroyed it since. and we're rebuilding, but i feel that Warriors arent being honest with themselves. Theyre just kinda hoping everything works out.

Also, so Acie Law must still be out, as is Cj watson...so the pg position is monta/curry/speedy claxton? did he even play in the preseason game?

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
Baron Davis wouldn't comment about his friend Stephen Jackson's desire to leave Golden State. The Clippers' point guard, however, did have a message for his former team.

"There are great people in this organization and some of the most amazing fans in sports history," said Davis, who led the Warriors' upset of top-seeded Dallas in 2007. "There are a lot of people who love me for what I did for the Warriors. I'll always have love for this place.

"Always."
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/warriors/detail?blogid=39&entry_id=48914#ixzz0T7HHNSPh
^^^^^^^

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
I’ve heard in the rumor mill, from a few objective insiders, that Stephen Curry has been giving Monta the business in practice. Specifically, Curry’s been pulling and nailing mid-range jumpers at will. Undoubtedly, Monta has been returning the favor. But no one expects Curry to be able to guard Ellis. But it’s pretty interesting, I think so at least, that Curry is having his way with the starting point guard.
I will tell you one thing, Nellie is bubbling inside about Curry, and Sunday was a bit of evidence as to why.
One thing noticeable about Curry is that he sees the floor and he’s good at finding the open man. Add to that the threat of his stroke, and you’ve got a match-up problem. Curry on the floor with Anthony Morrow gives defenses fits because they both get their shots off quickly, and Morrow forces the defense to spread out.

CURRY: “I know where guys want the ball, which is something a point guard needs to know. Especially in our system, there’s a lot of movement, so knowing who to get the ball to in what position is something that will make us better.”

It is for this reason that Nelson feels like he must get Curry and Ellis on the floor at the same time. He said Curry is going to open up the floor for Ellis.

NELSON: “Anybody that’s going to play with Curry is going to be a beneficiary of a lot of open looks. That’s why I can’t keep him and Monta off the court together.”

^^^^^^

Jun 22, 2007
Monta Ellis on Stephen Curry: 'He's Better Than I Thought He Was'

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Monta Ellis and Stephen Curry weren't on the floor together at any point during the Warriors' 108-101 preseason opener against the L.A. Clippers on Sunday night.

That's going to change. Warriors' coach Don Nelson said so.

And you know what? Ellis, who at first wasn't crazy about the notion, seems to be coming around to the idea.

"You can't take anything away from him," Ellis said of Curry. "He can shoot, pass, defend, all of that. He's got the whole package. ... He's better than I thought he was."

Curry didn't shoot the ball well against the Clippers (2-for-10), but nobody seemed too concerned about that. What was most encouraging was Curry's nine assists in just 24 minutes, a wonderful statistic for a team very short on passers.

Nelson said he didn't play Ellis and Curry together against the Clippers because of Baron Davis, a sometimes post-up guard who would be a handful for either Warrior to guard. But Nelson also made a point to say that there will be times Ellis and Curry play together even when the opposing backcourt has a big guard.

Why? Because, according to Nelson, Curry simply does too many good things not to be on the floor.

"Anybody that plays with Curry is going to be a beneficiary of a lot of looks," Nelson said. "He sees the court. That's why I probably can't keep he and Monta off the floor together. I think that combination, even though it will get hurt occasionally, is still going to be a good one. And don't forget there are two sides of the court. They have to match up with us as well."

Most, if not all, of Curry's nine assists were fairly unremarkable -- just a guard finding the open man without any hesitation. But that's a departure from what the Warriors did a lot of a year ago, which was putting the ball in Stephen Jackson's erratic hands and letting him go to work.

"He helps me and Jack a lot," Ellis said. "He takes pressure off of us ... He can draw defenders and he can pass. He can make the game easier for both of us."

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/10/05/ellis-on-stephen-curry-hes-better-than-i-thought-he-was/

May 10, 2002
DAMN RIGHT IM MAD BITCH, LITTLE FUCKIN SCRUBS LIKE YOU BRING MY PISS TO A BOIL AND I'LL LET LOOSE ON YOUR FACE YA SIMON

ANYWAYS, WITH BRANDAN WRIGHT GOIN DOWN HOPEFULLY THE WARRIORS WILL TRADE FOR A PF FOR MORE DEPTH AT THAT POSITION, OTHER THEN THAT THE WARRIORS ARE SOLID AT EVERY POSITION
It's okay man, it's okay ... You guys and your old ass passive aggressive internet personas, lol ... You've been a fake dude on a message board for what? 12 years now?

As far as the Ws are concerned, all I want is to see 2 things:

Monta's ankle to hold up
Morrow to bomb MORE 3s than last year

Everything else is a bonus