The official Bolts offseason thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 19, 2004
SOUTHEAST DAGO
Where my bolts fans at ...we just locked up Garay ..hardwick coming back...meachem was a solid pick up for rivers...hopefully with Vj gone phillip will spread the ball around this season..i like th pick up of McClain for Mathews as well

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Just wanted to say I'm looking forward to a horrible offseason for the bolts followed up by an even worse season where your only wins are against the chiefs & broncos! Fuck you Phyllis Rivers! :classic:

May 6, 2009
Just wanted to say I'm looking forward to a horrible offseason for the bolts followed up by an even worse season where your only wins are against the chiefs & broncos! Fuck you Phyllis Rivers! :classic:
Horrible offseason? LOL! I'm sure you haven't payed attention to anything other than "big name" signings and losses, but I don't expect you to keep up with another team.

Anyways, since we got Jarret Johnson, who people say is one of, if not the best, run stopping OLB in the league, I want us to get Barron the SS in the first round. Not sure if he will be there at 18 though. With Johnson and Phillips starting at OLB, that will keep Barnes fresh, unlike last year where he STILL had 11 or 12 sacks. He's much better when he's kept fresh and used only in passing situtuions. I like all the moves AJ is making, it's just gonna come down to mostly luck in the draft as far as who is still on the board and what not.

FA pick-ups/ Re-signings:

Robert Meacham WR
Eddie Royal WR/PR
Roscoe Parrish WR/PR
Micheal Spurlock WR/KR
Le'Ron McClain FB
Nick Hardwick C
Jared Gaither T
Luis Castillo DE
Antonio Garay NT
Jarett Johnson OLB
Demarrio Williams MLB
Atari Bigby SS

Key Losses:

Vincent Jackson WR
Mike Tolbert RB
Jacob Hester FB
Kris Dielman G

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Nope, haven't been paying attention, just wishful thinking. Y'all made some nice pickups tho, hope they all fail! :classic:

ESCOBAR 92113

BARRIO LOGAN
Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
we need some damn defense, all these new receivers wont mean shit if the other team can score just as well too
yes we do, however there isnt really any premium defensive players left out there right now. we'll have to do it through the draft and also wait for veterans to be cut in June. We need a safety desperately. Atari Bigby was brought in for veteran presence but i dont see him playing through a whole season.

James Mouton will be back next season, essentially will be his rookie season but i expect he'll have as strong a season as Butler did. That Duo at ILB could be great.

ESCOBAR 92113

BARRIO LOGAN
Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
Yeah sounds like he's a lazy fucker. At least he's only gonna be a back up.
probably 3rd string, they basically are signing him for depth....he may not even make it out of training camp. I guess they're hoping that a change of scenary will do him well..kind of like Gaither...i dont see nothing wrong with stock piling free agents at the right price and seeing if they stick.