The official Bolts offseason thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 6, 2009
Thanks for not picking up Michael Bush guys!
I thought Bush wasn't all that good acording to you guys? Well, ever since he left and signed with the Bears lol.

I wanted him BAD, but he wanted more money. All good, there are still 4 0r 5 veterean RB's avaialble that will come at a cheaper price. I want Cedric Benson!

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I thought Bush wasn't all that good acording to you guys? Well, ever since he left and signed with the Bears lol.

I wanted him BAD, but he wanted more money. All good, there are still 4 0r 5 veterean RB's avaialble that will come at a cheaper price. I want Cedric Benson!
I don't think anyone is saying he's not good. At least I never said that. I just don't think he's great as a starting rb in the nfl. He's a good enough to be an OK starter, and a great backup. I would have liked us to resign him, but with our cap situation I completely understand why we didn't, and I'm good with it.

May 6, 2009
probably 3rd string, they basically are signing him for depth....he may not even make it out of training camp. I guess they're hoping that a change of scenary will do him well..kind of like Gaither...i dont see nothing wrong with stock piling free agents at the right price and seeing if they stick.
3rd string=back-up, reserve, depth, whatever you want to call it. I don't see anything wrong with it either.

Draft is 1 week away. Can't wait.

May 6, 2009
Man, gave up a 3rd and a 5th to get Brandon Taylor. Kind of pricey but with our current situation at SS, we HAD to get one in the draft. Bigby will most likely start at the beginning of the season, but I'd expect Taylor to take over at some point. Love the Ingram pick, a lot of people are saying he was the "pick of the night" considering the position we got him. I also like the DE Reyes we got. Beefing up that D! Draft a corner, and o-lineman, get one of the veteran FA RB's and I'm a happy camper going into this season.

May 6, 2009
Very happy with what AJ has done in this draft. Got 3 people who will all make an impact on defense, a great pass catching TE, a G who should compete with Tyrone Green for the starting job, and the C from Michigan who did the most reps of any O-Lineman at the combine. This is what Adam Schefter said about him:

"Would be really surprised if San Diego's 7th-round pick, Michigan center David Molk, didn't make the Chargers and make an impact."

We just need a little bit of depth at CB but there should be some decent veterans cut during training camp that we can pick up. Very satisfied with this off season.

Dec 4, 2011
Jarrett Lee looked good in there. i know its just preseason but i bet hes better than Whitehurst. i think we should try to get another running back, Mathews is always hurt kinda reminds me of mcfadden. it was good to see gates back fully healthy and Vincent Brown is gonna be a beast

May 6, 2009
Whitehurst was looking good the other night. He's a legit back up since he already knows the offense so well. Fucking sucks about Vincent Brown man, he was really starting to shine. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery.

RIvers needs to get his timing down with Meacham, but good to get that shit out of the way during pre-season.

Ingram looks fucking SOLID.