The Official 2011 Oakland Raiders offseason thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
there's hella rumors circulating that Cable is done in Oakland. we MUST keep Hue Jackson. I'd like to keep John Marshall as DC too.

Jan 18, 2006
Im not worried about Cable staying or not. We just needed him here to make some important moves so that the Raiders could improve and it happened. Hopefully Hue Jackson stays though.

Feb 12, 2004
Ran across this. Thought you guys might be interested.

Sources: Tom Cable likely out as coach

Tom Cable is unlikely to return as the Oakland Raiders' head coach in 2011, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

AFC West blog

Williamson ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes about all things AFC West in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

The Raiders finished 8-8 this season despite being undefeated in the AFC West. It was their first unblemished mark in the division since 1976, but Cable has fluctuated between starting quarterbacks and Oakland has lost four of six since a three-game winning streak put them on the cusp of the playoff picture in Week 10.

The Raiders are the first team since the 1970 merger to go unbeaten in the division and not make the playoffs.

Cable took over as the interim coach for Lane Kiffin midway through the 2008 season and was given the permanent job in Feb. 2009.

Oakland has had five coaches since 2003.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5981629

Jun 1, 2002
I can't believe ya'll would rather keep Hue Jackson than Tom Cable.

If it can only be one of the two.. It's gotta be Cable all day.

Hue Jackson did well yes, but I think a lot of competent OC's would do ok with Daren McFadden, Michael Bush and Jacoby Ford. Even with our thinnness at WideOut. He had weapons. Dangerous ones.

Cable has this team playing the best football it's played in 8 years. We swept our division. The team loves playing for him and would be thrown into unrest if he was cut.

Obviously, you try to keep them both. But Jackson can be replaced.

Losing Cable would set this team back severely.

My .002

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
Afc west might be getting its swagger back in more ways than just the raiders massive improvements. John Elway to be named Vice pres over in denver. That could change the free agent climate a little for yall division. Players like to play for dope ex players......

Jul 29, 2002
Im with you Solitary1..........i would like the Raaaaiders to keep Cable for atleast, one more year......we got a good thing going that we can build on.......but i dont think HUe could be replaced.....he a good thing for the players.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I think we need to keep Cable

the whole team believes in him and wants to play for him

I'd love to keep both guys... but like Sol said... we can replace Jackson

and a dope OC would be more likely to agree to come to Oakland now because he sees how dangerous our offense can be with the weapons we have

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
how good would hue jackson be looking right now if he had to deal with jbust as his starting qb all year? he deserves some credit, but people are giving him too much. with the weapons on offense, he is definitely replaceable. cable has put together a decent oline and that unit is still a work in progress, but improving. the players all want cable back too. I really don't get a good vibe from hue for being a head coach.

Jul 29, 2002
I think we need to keep Cable

the whole team believes in him and wants to play for him

I'd love to keep both guys... but like Sol said... we can replace Jackson

and a dope OC would be more likely to agree to come to Oakland now because he sees how dangerous our offense can be with the weapons we have

I don't know Meta, I see the Raaaiders playing better with Hue Jackson than with another OC. The team needs consistency, we easily could of been a playoff team if we would of had some games go a differnet way than they did. Our strength is running with a playaction pass thrown in there once in awhile.....Hue got that pedigree from the Ravens and they have always been competitive year in and year out. The players seem to like Cable and Jackson a whole lot so why mess with that, give it one more year. The team is gonna build again with the draft, i feel confident seeing what we did last year. Either way though, good shit for the Raaaiders this year.....

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I don't know Meta, I see the Raaaiders playing better with Hue Jackson than with another OC. The team needs consistency, we easily could of been a playoff team if we would of had some games go a differnet way than they did. Our strength is running with a playaction pass thrown in there once in awhile.....Hue got that pedigree from the Ravens and they have always been competitive year in and year out. The players seem to like Cable and Jackson a whole lot so why mess with that, give it one more year. The team is gonna build again with the draft, i feel confident seeing what we did last year. Either way though, good shit for the Raaaiders this year.....
I know, that's what I'm saying

I hope we can keep the coaching staff intact the way it is

I'm saying IF another team wants to hire Hue Jackson for an HC position we'd have a better shot at getting another good OC to fill his spot

I'm not saying we should get someone to fill his spot just because... I wanna see Jackson and Cable both stick around

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
I SAY DUMP CABLE..PROMOTE JACKSON TO HEAD COACH AND BRING IN A NEW FRESH O.C!.....JACKSON,WHILE IN BALTIMORE ALWAYS HAD THEM AS A PLAYOFF CONTENDER TEAM!...ITS HIS PRESENSE AND COACHING KNOWLEDGE THAT CAME IN AND TURNED THIS TEAM AROUND THIS YEAR,AND DUMPING RUSSELL HELPED TOO BUT....NOT CABLE,....JACKSONS ATTITUDE AND ABILITY TO GET THESE BUMS MOVING AND PLAYING TOP QUALITY FOOTBALL ALL COMES CUZ OF THE PRESENSE OF HUEY!....CABLE ACTS LIKE A LIL HAPPY BEEZY OR A KID JUMPING ALL HAPPY AND DORKY WHEN A GOOD PLAY HAPPENS AND USES UP ALL OUR CHALLENGE FLAGS,..DOSENT YELL OR SCREAM NONE OF THAT,..KEEP HUEY,DUMP CABLE,...NEW O.C,...SAME GAME PLAN NEXT YEAR,..AND WE GOOD TO GO!....IT WAS A GOOD SEASON OVER ALL FOR OUR TEAM ,WE SHOULD BE 12-4 AT LEAST,.BUT INJURYS HELD US BACK THO ALIL AND A FEW MISTAKES,,..BUT 8-8,...OH WELL...THE LOSING STREAK IS OVER!....AND THE QUEEFS WILL BE OUT NEXT WEEK,..DONKEYS,DAGHO,COWPATTIES,WHINERS,..ALL THEM TEAMS THAT I HATE DIDNT MAKE IT EITHER,..SO ALL IN ALL,...WASNT A TOTAL LOST OF A SEASON,..ACTUALLY PRETTY GOOD,CONSIDERING!...IM HAPPY WITH MY RAIDERS THIS YEAR!!!....NEXT YEAR THEY BETTER WATCH OUT THO,..CUZ OAKLAND IS BACK.....TBIB,...WUTEVER THE CASE MAY BE,.....BUT WE BACK!...SEE U SUCKAS IN 2011!

DIE HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 29, 2002
I know, that's what I'm saying

I hope we can keep the coaching staff intact the way it is

I'm saying IF another team wants to hire Hue Jackson for an HC position we'd have a better shot at getting another good OC to fill his spot

I'm not saying we should get someone to fill his spot just because... I wanna see Jackson and Cable both stick around

got it...........just throwing my .02 around, didnt read your entire post through......