The Official 2011 Oakland Raiders offseason thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
Quite the vote of confidence for Schefter from former Raiders (and Broncos) linebacker Bill Romanowski on the CSN-Bay Area postgame show.

Schefter was co-author of Romanowski’s book “Romo: My Jekyll and Hyde Life ” written in 2005.

He called Schefter a “great guy” and said, “I wrote my book with Adam Schefter, but nobody knows what’s going to happen with the Raiders. He made it up.”
2011 schedule:
Home: San Diego, Denver, Kansas City, New England, New York Jets, Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland.

Away: San Diego, Denver, Kansas City, Buffalo, Miami, Minnesota, Green Bay, Houston.

Jun 1, 2002
That settles it - I'm going to Lambeau to watch that game next year.

Gotta bunch of cheese-head packer fan family in Millwaukee.

That'll be fun.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Why in the hell are we going to get rid of Cable...It makes no sense at all to make this move...But than agian our owner is Al Davis so anything is possible....

Im cool off Hugh Jackson coaching the team and Cable bouncing....

The last 8 season prior to this have been totally crap and now we are going to change what is working.....

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
Quite the vote of confidence for Schefter from former Raiders (and Broncos) linebacker Bill Romanowski on the CSN-Bay Area postgame show.

Schefter was co-author of Romanowski’s book “Romo: My Jekyll and Hyde Life ” written in 2005.

He called Schefter a “great guy” and said, “I wrote my book with Adam Schefter, but nobody knows what’s going to happen with the Raiders. He made it up.”
2011 schedule:
Home: San Diego, Denver, Kansas City, New England, New York Jets, Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland.

Away: San Diego, Denver, Kansas City, Buffalo, Miami, Minnesota, Green Bay, Houston.

Jan 6, 2004
www.myspace.com
if you cant keep them both then axe Cable and promote Hue Jackson. This guy gets it. I dont think Cable really understands the game. I believe he is a great motivator but there is a better solution. I cant help but think we are a better team with a better coach this year and definately next season. I like Cable, Im not mad if he comes back but I dont wanna lose Hue Jackson at all..

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
why are we playing Houston 3 years in a row?
We play every other afc division once every 4 years. Out of the remaining 2 divisions we play the team that placed where we placed. So houston placed 3rd in their division... We placed 3rd in ours, so we play them

Just the way it always seems to work out

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Jackson wasn’t interview subject

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Monday, January 10th, 2011 at 7:28 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Hue Jackson may have the advantage when it comes to being the Raiders next head coach, but not enough to be the first candidate interviewed.

The Raiders confirmed they had begun the process of replacing Tom Cable Monday, but beat writer Steve Corkran is reporting Jackson did not interview, citing a source close to Jackson.

That doesn’t mean Jackson won’t be interviewed or won’t be the head coach, of course. But if Al Davis is considering leaving Jackson as the offensive coordinator and hiring another head coach, it opens up the possibility of a coach with a defensive background being under consideration while leaving the offense to Jackson.

This is strictly speculation, but keep the name Rob Ryan in mind. His status is tenuous at best in Cleveland with Eric Mangini out, he’s interviewed for the job before with Davis and made sure not to burn any bridges when he left after his contract expired.

Although Ryan’s defenses weren’t particularly successful, players on both sides of the ball loved him. And while that may not be a big criteria for Davis, it could go a long way toward making a lot of players who were upset over Cable’s departure feel better about a change.

Like Nnamdi Asomugha, for instance.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
oooh, I'd be ok with Rob Ryan coming in as head coach as long as John Marshall and Hue Jackson stay coordinators.....maybe they can just sign Tom Cable back to Line Coach too

but I still think Hue is gonna be HC unless a big name surfaces, which is highly doubtful given the enigma that is Al Davis

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
hue will be announced as head coach some time during the week. he's probably known he is the new hc for a while now. looks like marshall is out as defensive coordinator and a possibility of rob ryan coming back.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I thought I heard something about a possibility of Waufle being promoted to DC, but I'm not sure

doubt we'll switch to a 3-4 though... but who knows

Jan 6, 2004
www.myspace.com
playoffs are gay i could give two shits who wins im looking forward to next year hopefully these asshole owners dont fuck it up

thats some crazy shit how the tv contracts are worked out so the owners still get paid even if the games arent played. so they get 4.5 bill from that and then dont have to pay 4 bill for contracts and other costs. Makes sense from a business standpoint.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Jackson is Raiders head coach

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Monday, January 17th, 2011 at 4:31 pm in Oakland Raiders.

UPDATE: The Raiders confirmed Hue Jackson has been named head coach and will be introduced at a press conference Tuesday.

UPDATE: Hue Jackson has been named head coach of the Raiders, a source close to Jackson confirms.

ESPN and Fox Sports are both reporting that Hue Jackson has been hired as Raiders head coach.

We’ll see if a confirmation is forthcoming by the Raiders. Officials have been unavailable for comment so far today.

According to Adam Schefter, it is likely that Al Saunders will be Jackson’s offensive coordinator.