The Offical 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 20, 2013
we got the 5th pick because of strength of schedule, basically our division being good screwed us. lol. I don't like the idea of taking a qb with the pick, but unless there's a better alternative in free agency, we might have to. bortles, johnny football and bridgewater are the likely candidates.

Nov 20, 2013
the offensive line is mostly weak at the guard positions, we can address that through free agency or later in the draft. ideally we would trade back and get more picks. then pick whichever of those qb's that fall into the late first round.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I don't think we should go oline with the number 5 overall pick. Picking that high you're ideally gonna go with a left tackle, and I'm good with veldheer. I agree either trade down for more picks or go defense. It's obviously really early, but I've looked at some mock drafts, and I've seen a few having us pick Anthony Barr from UCLA

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Impending free agent DE Lamarr Houston does not expect to re-sign with the Raiders.
Houston started all 16 games at right end this season, leading the team in sacks with six and grading out as Pro Football Focus' No. 16 4-3 DE among 52 qualifiers. "I believe that Dennis Allen and the Raiders might be looking to move on and have me go to another team and find something more what they want for their system and their scheme," he said. Houston, who turns 27 in June, knows he won't be short on suitors.

Coach Dennis Allen said he thought about pulling Terrelle Pryor during Sunday's season-ending loss to the Broncos.
Allen clearly isn't in Pryor's corner. He stunted the raw quarterback's growth by benching him in favor of Matt McGloin early on and the fact he even thought about yanking Pryor from a meaningless Week 17 game speaks volumes

Jun 23, 2005
I think Houston wants top DE money when he's only a middle of the pact DE. But it's also try that DA would rather go with a 3-4 DE rather a 4-3. I would want him to stay but only for the right amount, I would not overpay for him.

I really hope we get veldheer locked up soon, cuz if he doesn't sign then oline is a major issue.

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
What would you think about the Raiders acquiring Orakpo?

Or Richie Incognito? Matt Slausen?

Do you scrub Sea-bass? Maybe try at Phil Dawson?

Do you see a QB in the draft? Stay with McGloin/Pryor? I keep hearing we should give Vick a shot, but I don't like that idea. Bleacher-reports mock draft has Brett Hundley going to the Raiders if he enters the draft.

Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
Incognito i doubt he'll come to oakland, sea bass will stay a raider and Orakpo would be nice for the right price, dunno who brett hundley is so cant say anything bout dude

Nov 20, 2013
I knew he was getting hype and just chalked it up to the college game. his team is really bad though, they'd be winless without him. dude has the ability to carry a bad team and seems really passionate about the game, just seems like a playmaker.