The Offical 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 23, 2005
If clowney is on the board I want him. And if he is on the board and someone wants to pay big for him I say trade for a future first and a second and third this year

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
The Raiders have named Terrelle Pryor their starting quarterback for Week 17.
Pryor hasn't started a game since Week 10, but the Raiders want to get one more look at him heading into the offseason. Undrafted rookie Matt McGloin has been highly mediocre in Pryor's absence, though coach Dennis Allen considers McGloin "part of the organization going forward." Pryor started off with a bang this season, but regressed sharply, particularly after a knee injury limited his mobility.

Nov 20, 2013
Congrats to Denver for winning we aint beating them fuckers with TP game over
lol, we weren't winning with mcgloin either, get real. should be interesting to finally see pryor play with a healthy offense.

Raiders lose but fall in draft order, guaranteed top ten pick
Believe it or not, even though the Raiders lost again this week, they actually fell in the draft order. They were in the four spot last week and have fallen below the Browns in the draft order due to having the same SOS but Cleveland having a worse conference record. The Raiders now sit in the five spot.

The teams ahead of the Raiders last week were the Texans, Redskins, and Jaguars. None of whom did the Raiders any favors as they all lost. Now since the Browns also lost, they move ahead of the Raiders as well.

On the flip side, the Raiders are out of the running for the number one overall pick but are guaranteed a spot in the top eight picks. Here is how the top ten picks stack up:

1. Houston Texans - 2-13 (.552)

2. St. Louis Rams (via Washington Redskins) - 3-12 (.521)

3. Jacksonville Jaguars - 4-11 (.502)

4. Cleveland Browns - 4-11 (.517) (3-8 conference record)

5. Oakland Raiders - 4-11 (.517) (4-7 conference record)

6. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 4-11 (.582)

7. Atlanta Falcons - 4-10 (.553)

8. Minnesota Vikings - 4-10-1 (.521)

9. Tennessee Titans - 6-9 (.502)

10. Buffalo Bills - 6-9 (.519)

To see the entire draft order, click here.

Barring a win by the Raiders, their draft slot is not likely to change at the end of the season unless one of either the Redskins, Jaguars, or Browns win their final game.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
was at the game yesterday,deep with bolt fans in J5....even took some shots with some female raider fans,those were the only ones allowed at our tailgate..haahaha...esco were you at the game homie?
Nah man , first one in over a decade. My son had a baseball tournament I was at.... It's getting tougher for me to get out to the Q. Seems like my kid plays every weekend somewhere

Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
lol, we weren't winning with mcgloin either, get real. should be interesting to finally see pryor play with a healthy offense.

Raiders lose but fall in draft order, guaranteed top ten pick
I would trade out of that spot. Pick up a late first round pick and an extra second round pick. Plus a third round one in. 2015

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Terrelle Pryor's agent believes coach Dennis Allen wants Pryor to fail in his Week 17 start against the Broncos.
"I think they’re putting him in hopes that he fails," Jerome Stanley, Pryor's agent, said. "That’s what I think Coach is doing. I think they're putting him in hopes that he has a bad game, so [Allen] can then justify the Matt McGloin situation. I think that’s what’s going on, I do and it’s ridiculous." Stanley continued to make known his disgust for the situation: "His coach stumbled upon a gem, the find of the season in Terrelle Pryor. He stumbled upon him and then he botched the discovery. It was ridiculous, just ridiculous." He's not exactly helping his client, but Allen may not be around after Week 17. Pryor may not either, for that matter. Pryor will make his first start since Week 10.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
thought this was funny

Raiders coach Dennis Allen called Terrelle Pryor's agent's allegation that he wants Pryor to fail in Sunday's start the "stupidest thing I've ever heard."
"This isn't the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills," Allen cracked. "This is football." Allen also insisted he wasn't holding the agent's remarks against Pryor. "This is a time where you have to separate player from agent." While the rep's comments were remarkably stupid, they should be a dead issue going forward. 2014 is the final year of Pryor's rookie contract

also

Terrelle Pryor apologized for his agent's inflammatory remarks Monday night.
Agent Jerome Stanley teed off on the Raiders Monday, saying the organization wants Pryor to fail in his Week 17 start and accusing coach Dennis Allen of botching the quarterback situation. He might have a point, but Pryor knows that going public isn't the way to roll. "I apologize for the recent comments toward the Raiders organization. That's not what I'm about," Pryor wrote on his Twitter page. "I'm thankful for this opportunity given to me by this great organization and the phenomenal fans."

Last edited:
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
I think the agent is right. At the end of the day, Allen is an idiot. He chose to go with an undrafted rookie, who sucks, for 6 weeks, most were mediocre. Hot Garbage. All you did was impede Pryor's development. Way to blow the season. Meta4iCAL @Meta4iCAL don't forget to make your $100 donation before the new year,so you can enjoy the tax deduction breh...

Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
Asomugha to retire as a Raider

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Former All-Pro cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, who signed a five-year, $60 million contract with the Philadelphia Eagles in 2011, will retire as a member of the Oakland Raiders after 11 years in the NFL.

[+] EnlargeNnamdi Asomugha
AP Photo/Paul Spinelli
Nnamdi Asomugha had a career-high eight interceptions with the Raiders in 2006. He's totaled just seven since.
The Raiders said Asomugha, 32, will announce his retirement officially at a news conference at team headquarters Friday.

Asomugha had his greatest success in the NFL with the Raiders, totaling 11 interceptions after being drafted in the first round out of California in 2003. He earned three Pro Bowl selections in eight seasons in Oakland and was a first-team All-Pro in 2008 and '10.

Asomugha struggled after joining Philadelphia as a high-profile free agent in 2011, a contract that paid him $25 million guaranteed. After two seasons with the Eagles, Asomugha played three games with San Francisco this season, making only two tackles, before being cut last month.

Oakland said Asomugha will be joined at his announcement Friday by legendary Raiders defensive backs Willie Brown, Lester Hayes and Charles Woodson.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.