The Offical 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
The Raiders should be getting reinforcements from their injured masses soon.

Oakland coach Dennis Allen said in his weekly news conference Monday that second-year linebacker Miles Burris and rookie tackle Menelik Watson should begin practicing on Wednesday.

Allen also said left tackle Jared Veldheer, who is on the reserve/injured; designated to return list, was in Los Angeles Monday for a check up on his surgically repaired left triceps. The results of the visit will determine when Veldheer can begin football-related activities as he is technically eligible to play this weekend against Philadelphia. But once he starts practicing, the Raiders have 14 days to activate him or place him on season-ending injured reserve.

Burris, meanwhile, is on the reserve/physically unable to perform list, recovering from offseason knee surgery and has been eligible to practice since before the bye week. Once he practices, the Raiders have 21 days to activate him or put him on IR. He has been working with a trainer on a side field during practice.

Watson, the Raiders’ second-round draft pick, has dealt with knee and calf issues as Allen recently surmised Watson has had all of 10 days of practice with the team.

Also, another week off should help with the health of right tackle Tony Pashos (hip) and left guard/center Andre Gurode (quad) and possibly strong safety Tyvon Branch (ankle). Center Stefen Wisniewski played for the first time since spraining his right knee on Sept. 29.

Last edited:

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
we're going to find out soon enough what the real problem is with our offense, especially in the second half. I'm not a big fan of our new offensive coordinator, he's better than knapp, but that's not saying much. reece just got a big contract and he hasn't been used much at all and from my viewpoint there have been too many bad calls. like in the colts game where a pass play was called from 1st and goal on the 8. even though our oline was wrecked and we all saw how that turned out. dmac has mostly been healthy this year and yet we haven't seen him do much.

right now the oline can be used as an excuse for some of it, but some of those things aren't covered by a bad oline. I can only imagine what hue jackson would be able to do with our current offensive personnel.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
pryor been making up for a bad oline and making the oc look good all year. I doubt they replace dude after one year, unless things get real bad. hopefully he can get his shit together the same way tarver did.

Props: MaC A$$ ViC

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
ford should be a dude that gets cut and never plays in the nfl again after this year. I always liked him, but hes played awful all year, and yesterday he was at his worst. I doubt he would make it on anyone else's team.

The punter King is the most enthusiastic one on special teams too. Hes fuckin weird, but I like him. He always clappin and givin high fives on the sidelines. You can tell hes happy to be on the field. Seabass wasnt diggin the balloon bouquet he got him though...

Props: MaC A$$ ViC

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
just wish it said:

Tarver 3:16
"Fuck The Refs"

Vic Tafur ‏ V @VIC Tafur 14m
Allen said #Raiders T Jared Veldheer (triceps) can ramp up rehab after visit with doc; plan was would miss 3 months and he “is on schedule”
Vic Tafur ‏ V @VIC Tafur 13m
Allen said LB Burris and T Watson “looked fairly decent” in first day back at practice. #Raiders

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
watching usc against oregon state, really hope we get a chance to draft marqise lee. I think he's the true #1 wr we been waiting for, would be so great to pair him up with pryor.

Last edited:

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
Criner, Watson and Wilson active for Raiders
The Raiders coaching staff said they have been close to activating second-year receiver Juron Criner all year, and they did it Sunday, as he will make his season debut against the Eagles. Brice Butler had two drops last week and Andre Holmes tweaked his hamstring this week in practice.

Second-round pick Menelik Watson, back from a calf injury, is also active for the first time, and will be a swing tackle behind Matt McCants and Khalif Barnes.

Outside linebacker Martez Wilson, claimed off waivers from the Saints two weeks ago, will also make his season debut.

Here is coach Dennis Allen’s scouting report on the 6-foot-4, 252-pound Wilson:

“Big guy. Athletic. He can really run. He did some good things there with the Saints. He does some good things on special teams. He’s got some rush ability and he’s a good guy as far as coverage linebacker.”

Here are the inactives:

WRs Holmes & Butler, SS Tyvon Branch, DE Ryan Robinson, C Andre Gurode, DL Brian Sanford and T Tony Pashos