The Offical 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Is there any truth to this BS?

Y! SPORTS

The Minnesota Vikings won the Josh Freeman sweepstakes. The Raiders were interested in the mercurial quarterback, who was released Thursday following a public rift with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Reportedly, Raiders coach Dennis Allen spoke with Freeman on Friday and told him he’d have a chance to start over Terrelle Pryor. Money wasn’t a factor for Freeman, who wanted a chance to play above all else. The Buccaneers owed him $5.95 million in guaranteed money when he was released. He will make $3 million with Minnesota.

On Sunday, Freeman’s agent Erik Burkhardt, tweeted that Freeman was headed to the Vikings.

The Raiders were of interest to Freeman because of offensive coordinator Greg Olson, who taught him to thrive while running Tampa Bay’s offense from 2009-11.
Yeah I believe so. Idk if he woud have been handed the starting job, but he would have had a shot

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Not really feeling that.... TP has been playing too good to even think about putting or giving his starting spot to a dude off of the streets. I could understand signing him for depth maybe, but to even think about giving his spot away during the season is a joke. They should be working on a contract extension. TP has been ballin'....

Jun 23, 2005
It wouldn't have hurt. It would make TP work harder to know a good QB is waiting in the wings. Freeman isn't a scrub from the streets either. I doubt they would have handed him the starting job, but the best qb would have won

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Yeah but why have a competition during the season? Bring him in during the offseason to compete if anything. That job should be TP's to lose.... I think he's currently in the top 10 in qb ratings. There's no way that Josh could do the things that TP is doing with this offense. Not feeling that one bit...

Dec 4, 2006
Mark Davis wants to build a Stadium in Concord, CA... he loves the naval weapon station site..

City of Concord and Mark Davis in talks..

They'll also change the name to Concord Raiders...

Dec 4, 2006
I've heard about them talking about concord but haven't heard the name change? Source?
One of my City of Concord sources that's working with them.. I worked for the city before...my boy told me about it..

I remember when the 49ers also looked at the site...

And I think they'll change the name for sure bro..

Jun 23, 2005
I don't know. If they were moving to say LA I can see them switching names. But to be the concord raiders? I doubt they will do that . But what the fuck do I know lol plenty of teams play away from the city they are named after . Both New York squads, Dallas cowboys, Soon the niners