The Offical 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I can bet big money that the London game will be against the niners. We host the niners for a regular season home game next year, and I'm sure the teams and leagues don't wanna deal with no ruckus. People we going stupid over a preseason game imagine a meaningful game?

Sucks cuz me and a bunch of my friends who are both raider and niner fans were gunna go to the game.
I hope not

Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
I can bet big money that the London game will be against the niners. We host the niners for a regular season home game next year, and I'm sure the teams and leagues don't wanna deal with no ruckus. People we going stupid over a preseason game imagine a meaningful game?

Sucks cuz me and a bunch of my friends who are both raider and niner fans were gunna go to the game.
thought the sAME FKN THING MAN

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002

i read that they are gonna have that game in Oakland... its gonna be the seahwaks in london i believe....

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2006
to me Concord sounds a lot better then LA. Concord is closer to me also, they aint changing the name though thats a guarantee

Last edited:

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
McFadden returns to practice, Wisniewski still absent
By Steve Corkran
Wednesday, October 9th, 2013 at 12:04 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Running back Darren McFadden is back on the practice field today, going through the same paces as the other running backs. That bodes well for his playing against the Kansas City Chiefs.
The same can’t be said of center Stefen Wisniewski, who still hasn’t been cleared to practice. He missed the Raiders game against the Chargers on Sunday night. His status for the Chiefs game is questionable at this point.
Andre Gurode is working at center with the first-team offense in Wisniewski’s absence. Also, Tony Pashos is back at practice and working with the first-team today. He sat out the Raiders-Chargers game, too.
McFadden suffered a hamstring injury in Oakland’s loss to the Washington Redskins. He departed after only five carries. Rashad Jennings replaced McFadden that game and amassed 116 yards rushing and receiving. Jennings also filled in for McFadden against the Chargers.
Jennings, too, is nursing a hamstring injury. He carried the ball 10 times in the first half against the Chargers but none in the second half, as coaches removed him from the game as a precautionary measure.
Jennings is at practice today and making good on his assertion Monday that his hamstring injury isn’t a serious one and that he won’t miss any time.
In other news, linebacker Miles Burris was spotted working out on an adjacent field to his teammates. At one point, Burris sprinted the better part of 50 yards without any apparent restriction from the knee he had operated on soon after last season ended.
Burris is on the physically unable to perform list. He is eligible to begin practicing after this week’s game. He can play in a game as soon as the seventh game or as late as the 15th, depending upon how the Raiders choose to proceed.
Here’s the wording on the new guidelines for players on the PUP as set forth by the NFL:
“Commencing on the day after the conclusion of the sixth regular season weekend (October 15) and continuing through the day after the conclusion of the 11th regular season weekend (November 19), clubs are permitted to begin practicing players on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform for a period not to exceed 21 calendar days. Pads and helmets are permitted during the 21-day period. At any time during the 21-day practice period, or prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, on the day after the conclusion of the 21-day period, clubs are permitted to restore such players on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform to their Active/Inactive List.”

Props: MaC A$$ ViC

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
Pryor hopes to avoid Tebow's fate
ALAMEDA, Calif. -- While there is no doubt about the improvement Terrelle Pryor has shown as a passer this season, the Raiders quarterback is not satisfied.

Pryor said Wednesday he will use Oakland's time off during its bye next week to go to Los Angeles to work again with alternative quarterback guru Tom House.

And Pryor is using Tim Tebow, to whom his skill set and throwing motion have been compared, as a cautionary tale of sorts. Tebow also worked with House, a baseball pitching coach at USC who has tutored the likes of Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Carson Palmer.

"He said [Tebow] was ready to go" after working with him, Pryor said, recalling a conversation with House.

"Tebow looked great, he was throwing the ball great, wasn't missing anything. Then they said he went to [training] camp, and when he went back, he reverted back to himself because [that's] when the bullets are flying at you."

New England cut Tebow before the regular season, and he is currently out of work. As such, Pryor said he worried about a similar regression.

"I hope when I get the rushers, people are rushing me, I hope I don't go back to the old thing," Pryor recalled himself thinking.

He has not. At least, not yet.

Consider: Pryor has completed 72.7 percent of his passes inside the pocket, the fourth-best such mark in the NFL, ahead of Brees, Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

So yes, it appears as though Pryor, whose running ability defenses must also account for, has evolved as a passer.

"I'm very proud of that," he said. "I'm very locked in. That's definitely something I'm proud of.

"It's a nonstop progression. It doesn't really catch me by surprise that it's happening."

Raiders coach Dennis Allen acknowledged that Pryor's mobility and ability to extend plays have helped a makeshift offensive line.

"His ability to escape, if the protection does break down, has been key for our offense," Allen said. "Because at times, I don't care who you are, at times the protection's going to break down. And when it does, he's got the ability to make something and create something, and for the most part, it's been positive for us when he's been able to do that."

Pryor, meanwhile, gave credit to Oakland first-year offensive coordinator Greg Olson, quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo and, of course, House for his relatively rapid development.

And what does the Raiders' going all-in on him by cutting Matt Flynn and his $6.5 million payday on Monday tell Pryor?

"Nothing, really, because they gave me the job back in the first regular-season game, so I'm just going to carry on the same way," Pryor said. "Try to dominate, try to be the best player on the field, like I said before. Just try to lead the offense and help the team win.

"I can't think of any other way. I just got to keep trying to dominate, try to be the best player on the field."

Mar 24, 2006
Like I've been sayin' for years now....There are more Raider fans here in KC then any other place in the country other then Cali. Whats funny about the whole situation here regarding your fellow "fans" is that the majority of em' are from the Missouri side of city. The ones I know have lived in KC their entire lives and have no ties to Cali at all. I think the biggest reason there are so many here is because they can't get over the fact that their beloved city has Kansas in its name. That and the fact that when NWA came out in the mid 80s the Chiefs sucked and the Raiders were just comin' out of their dominant years.

So all n' all, most of em are bandwagon jumpers that reallly don't know shit about the franchise they cheer for. lol