The Oakland Athletics

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
Say coco signed a 4 year 20 million dollar deal, making 5 mill a year. If he gets traded after the 2nd year, he is owed 10 mill by his new team. Unless the team he came from offers to pay some of his salary...
Woah, so Im just way off on this one. Coco aint even came from boston did he... thanks for the info.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
yeah i remembered. which makes me feel like a jackass on some "boston contract" bullshit. I guess i just thought of coco in the boston uni everytime i thought of him before the a's.

I aint ever have to deal with no contract part of baseball. All i know is playing the game, and watching the game

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
Nope Eric Hinske signed 5 years $15mil after he won rookie of the year skipping all his arbitration years. I highly doubt he was the first person to do that. Maybe tho, cuz Hinske's are trend setters.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
well if a team offers dude more money, why wouldnt he take it? I doubt he threatened to not play unless he got more money, so he probably wasnt the reason why he skipped arbitration

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
well if a team offers dude more money, why wouldnt he take it? I doubt he threatened to not play unless he got more money, so he probably wasnt the reason why he skipped arbitration
You can't sign with another team til your arbitration years are over. Gotta be 6 years pro to be a free agent unless you get released or somethin.

Feb 12, 2004
Question for you A's fans-

A's are the hottest team in baseball, but you guys worried they've peaked too early? It's still July and they're hot at the wrong moment. Last 2 years the teams that went on to win the world series were hot in September. I remember the Giants played solid baseball in July, shit in August and got REALLY hot in September and rode it all the way through October.

Feb 13, 2004
Question for you A's fans-

A's are the hottest team in baseball, but you guys worried they've peaked too early? It's still July and they're hot at the wrong moment. Last 2 years the teams that went on to win the world series were hot in September. I remember the Giants played solid baseball in July, shit in August and got REALLY hot in September and rode it all the way through October.
Are you worried about the Dodgers tonight? lol

Jan 18, 2006
that might have been game of the year, so many lead changes. No quit in these A's and definitely not worried about peaking when the teams ERA is best in the AL if not in all of baseball. Everyone thought the A's would be 20 games under .500 at this point so there #winning in all ways