The Oakland Athletics

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
Lovin it!!!!!

So a buddy of mine whose a yankees fan was fact checkin the a's payroll after I was layin into him givin him shit about the sweep, and he enlightend me that Crisp is gettin payed 6 million a year, and reddick is making 485,000 a year. Thats crazy, its a fuckin steal, red is worth a lot more than that. Boston contracts are strange...

martin_07n

Tachas y Perico
Feb 20, 2006
Tacos Sinaloa
www.siccness.net
Lovin it!!!!!

So a buddy of mine whose a yankees fan was fact checkin the a's payroll after I was layin into him givin him shit about the sweep, and he enlightend me that Crisp is gettin payed 6 million a year, and reddick is making 485,000 a year. Thats crazy, its a fuckin steal, red is worth a lot more than that. Boston contracts are strange...
Reddick is on a rookie cotract and under the A's control until 2016. He'll be a free agent after that... that's when the bids for millions of dollars start.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
fasho makes sense.

So when it comes to coco crisp's contract, arent we paying him what boston was paying him? Doesnt his contract carry over since we traded for him?

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
Rookies are under team control for 6 years, and their salary goes up a little each year until arbitration hits. After 6 years they sign long term with a team. But these days its becoming more common to see teams sign a player long term before he.hits arbitration. I believe Ryan Howard was the first...

Coco isn't on his.rookie contract anymore, obviously...

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
Say coco signed a 4 year 20 million dollar deal, making 5 mill a year. If he gets traded after the 2nd year, he is owed 10 mill by his new team. Unless the team he came from offers to pay some of his salary...