The new iPad

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 4, 2004
No I don't have the IPad (yet)

But I did copp the IPhone 4S over the weekend and I am pretty pissed at myself for taking so long to do that.

My cuzzo wants to sell me his IPad2 (64gb) for $600. He got it brand new in January.....
So, I am thinking of doing that, but not really sure.

That same model is $550 plus tax and has 1 year warranty if you get it refurbished through them. They bumped down the price of brand new iPad 2s in 16gb to $399

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

Dec 4, 2004
I only saw iPads good for business and educational purposes. I never understood the people who buy it just to play games and surf the net. When they have an iPhone in their pocket and a macbook pro in their car.
that might be true but the ipad has its limits. i have a kindle fire and for what i use it for is good enough. i couldnt imagine paying 4xs that for a fucking ipad. i would still rather use a laptop over a tablet anyday of the week.
I used to wonder what use an iPad would have if a full blown laptop could do everything it can do and even more...and during Apples presentation unveiling the original iPad they claimed they wanted to make a device that can do everything a phone and computer can do, but better...I thought it was bullshit. But now I use my iPad as my main browsing, emailing, music device and I see what they were trying to say. It's just more comfortable to browse the net with a tablet in hand, swiping and navigating around with your fingers....than to be moving around a mouse and scrolling etc... It's the perfect device for just lounging around on the couch and bumping music and surfing the web. I only turn on my laptop now when i need to convert videos, edit my music library or edit pictures, more advanced stuff. I don't bring my macbook pro with me anymore when traveling, just iPad.

A lot of people, especially older folks buy computers and just surf the Internet and listen to music and this does it perfectly..... Hey remember net books? lol

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
Apple is a head of their time.

They are killing the market right now with these New IPad's.

I am being patient as fuck with them. I first wanted to get a phone before I copped the Ipad to see if I would even enjoy Apple Prodect cause I never owned one. And I'll be sticking to Apply Products now.

I bought a brand new Dell DeskTop last year for home and I am rarely on that thing. It's a shame I wasted $600 on it.

I could have copped the new IPad

Apple realizes the day's of Desk Tops are coming to an end and they are leading the charge.

May 15, 2002
There were some reports yesterday that the new iPads were overheating. The Consumer Report group did a test on them, and it turned out to be true. They recorded a temperature of 116 degrees.

That's crazy. This would never have happened on Steve Jobs' watch.

Feb 28, 2006
There were some reports yesterday that the new iPads were overheating. The Consumer Report group did a test on them, and it turned out to be true. They recorded a temperature of 116 degrees.

wow i wonder how this is gonna turn out. this might be the beginning of the end for Apple. SELL!!!!!!!

prodigy91

@jordvnxsf
Mar 20, 2008
SF

no issues with mine thus far *shrugs*

May 4, 2002
why id rather use a laptop? flash support, gaming/apps not limited to only apple software ect. dont get me wrong i have a 4s and its cool for what it is. i got email,web, apple games ( not real gaming) but i have ATT which sucks, but i have unlimited data and all that bc ive been with them before their limits.

Apr 25, 2002

apple admitted that the ipad gets slightly warm. not surprising considering the processor, ram, display, etc.

no one cares about consumer reports anymore so they are sensationalizing the story for attention. they did the same thing with the iphone 4 and the antenna problem with it.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
It gets warm, nothing that would burn you though. People always look for something to bitch about. Then their will be a class action lawsuit, same old shit. Run a processor intensive game or app at full brightness and piss and moan that the device gets hot.

Feb 2, 2006
im never gonna buy a ipad 3 6 9 or whatever model it is

theres no need to get a overpriced gadget with no dvd drive or hard drive in it

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
im never gonna buy a ipad 3 6 9 or whatever model it is

theres no need to get a overpriced gadget with no dvd drive or hard drive in it
Why on earth would you want a DVD drive in a tablet? Besides, with up to 64gb of storage plus numerous streaming media services, do you really need terabytes?

Dec 4, 2004
The overheating is not a big deal. Go touch your gaming system or other devices that run heavy graphic intensive games or programs. It gets a bit warm when you're playing a large movie file or game but nothing that will burn you or keep you from holding it.

But of course the Internet and people who never held one will blow this out of proportion like the whole iPhone 4 antenna deal

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
I connect remote to my PC at home... there no reason to lug around my laptop unless I need to do some on the spot processing.

With a decent wifi connect I can stream all my movies/music from my laptop straight to my ipad. Access all my files and programs remote. I can even run my music program and mess around with editing. Windows 7 on the ipad.

These where things I learned about after the fact of getting an ipad.

obviously Laptop > ipad... but if you have the disposable income, you will not regret a ipad. This was my first apple product, and I use to be hater #1. I'm not getting all crazy and getting apple everything, but I see why people like this ios now.

Nov 16, 2004
Can you guys shut the fuck up about getting it or not getting it?

More talk how to jailbreak this bitch and get free shit please. I've been having to fork over some funds to use some of their apps, first time I ever spend dough on S/W.