The Los Angeles Lakers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 12, 2006
@KobeBryant

Can't move for 2 weeks so I'm laid up. Will watch game on tv and give adjustments if needed by phone at halftime #countontheteam

@basketballtalk

D'Antoni's response to Kobe's tweet that he would call at halftime with adjustments: "I'll be sure to turn my phone off."

----------- 5 hours later -------------

@janiscar

Kobe called Lakers during halftime to talk adjustments, spoke with Pau possibly Dwight, Jodie.

E @Eric Pinucs

FWIW - Kobe contacted Gary Vitti who got Pau on the phone while Gasol was getting some halftime treatment - sounds like that's the timeline.

@janiscar

Gasol says he talked to Kobe at halftime. Kobe told him to "be aggressive" in the second half.

@DuranSports

Coach @KobeBryant called Pau at halftime "it's great, his involvement is important" #Lakers
lol in 5-10 years Kobe will be coaching the lakers full time, for now it's part time.

Props: DUTCH-F.E
Jun 6, 2008
San Jose, Ca
I knew the Lakers would make the playoffs, like always many experts said otherwise. Good game.

Harden didn't do too well not 80 million worth. Westbrook is way better than him for sure he would have dunked on the lakers or had better around the basket moves. Harden is a shooter.

Props: IronLungs420
Jan 12, 2006
Kendrick Perkins ‏@KendrickPerkins 54m
I can't lie this is a banger game. The lakers got some alright D.
Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant 22min
Can the talk of trading @paugasol come to a cease now??
Kobe got his boyz back!

Darius Soriano ‏@forumbluegold 9m
Lakers record their last 40 games was 28-12. That's basically a 57~58 win pace if for an entire season.
Nice to know!

Dwight telling fans after rejecting Harden "I am Iron Man. Not in my house."
Dwight isn't going anywhere this off-season. If anything don't be surprised if Chris Paul joins the lakers.

The Lakers make the playoffs for the 48th time out of their last 53 seasons.

Last edited:

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
lake show got in, what a surprise. - _____ -

this team might be built for a deep playoff run.

it would be great if yall won the chip. since kobe wouldn't be able to take credit for it, and he would still be behind his god michael jordan.

Props: WXS STOMP3R
Jan 12, 2006
Woodson, D'Antoni named Coaches of the Month for April[/B]

NEW YORK -- The New York Knicks' Mike Woodson and the Los Angeles Lakers' Mike D'Antoni today were named the NBA Eastern and Western Conference Coaches of the Month, respectively, for games played in April.

Woodson led the Knicks to an 8-2 month, tied for the most wins in the league in April with the Miami Heat. New York collected wins over four Eastern Conference Playoff teams -- Atlanta (twice), Indiana, Miami and Milwaukee and finished the season 54-28 (.659). The Knicks surpassed the 50-win plateau for the first time since 1999-2000 under Woodson, and notched the best home record in the East at 31-10 (.756).

D'Antoni guided the Lakers to a share (Denver, Los Angeles Clippers) of the best record in the conference in April at 7-1 (.875). The Lakers won five straight games to close the season, including three over Western Conference playoff teams -- Golden State, San Antonio and Houston, the final two without the services of Kobe Bryant (torn Achilles tendon). The seventh-seeded Lakers finished the season 45-37 (.549).

Jan 12, 2006
it would be great if yall won the chip. since kobe wouldn't be able to take credit for it, and he would still be behind his god michael jordan.
No way the lakers win it all this season, wouldn't hurt Kobe's legacy one bit though. Reason being he will have 6 rings and in a season or two when he wins his 7th he will now have more rings then MJ. People will look back 10 years from the day Kobe retires and see he has more points and rings then MJ, therefore everyone will think Kobe>MJ.

Like I said though no way the lakers win it all this season.