The Game Accused Of Jacking Rhymes

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2003
www.soundclick.com
Two weeks after the release of The Game's chart topping debut, upstart Atlantic City rapper Q45 has released a diss track accusing Chuck Taylor of jacking his concept for The Documentary's title track.

According to Q45, a mutual friend introduced him to Game in Los Angeles in late August 2004. The two then had a lengthy listening session in which they both played their respective material. Months after the encounter, Q alleges that Game lifted his concept on The Documentary's title song.

"We out there in L.A. me and my ni99a Game. We chilling. I put my sh!t in the car, bang my sh!t. The ni99a was feeling it. The ni99a thought it was crazy. I'm happy thinking it's a good look. He played his sh!t then he asked me to play my sh!t again. I started playing my sh!t, but he only wanted to hear that particular song so I played that sh!t. We ended up listening to it two more times. Then we started talking," Q told SOHH.com via phone from Atlantic City, New Jersey. "I thought everything was cool, parted ways thinking I'm a hook up with this ni99a. I'm thinking we gon do some songs together when I come back to L.A. Next thing you know, I go get the album [The Documentary]. I'm listening to the sh!t and I hear my sh!t on it."

Frustrated with the alleged theft, the Atlantic City rapper just released a Game diss song over Eminem's "Toy Soldiers." Listen To The Diss In addition to lashing out at Game, the freestyle features snippets of both songs for listeners to compare. On "Billions," Q45 crafts a rhyme by using classic album titles from Foxy Brown, Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, Tupac Shakur, Fat Joe, Ja Rule, Jay-Z and many more.

"I'm a find a chick that's 'bout it / hit the Ill Na Na Doggystyle and roll up on The Chronic / 'cause All Eyez On Me I'm the Don Cartegena / Venni Vetti Vecci / it's a Hard Knock Vita..." Q offers on "Billions."
Meanwhile, the chorus off The Documentary's title cut features Game employing a similar concept by orderly referring classic work by The Notorious B.I.G., Jay-Z, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Tupac and Nas.

"I'm Ready to Die without a Reasonable Doubt; smoke Chronic and hit it Doggystyle before I go out / Until they sign my Death Certificate All Eyez on Me / I'm still at it; Illmatic and that's 'The Documentary," Game spits on the hook.
While emcees sometimes birth similar rhymes and concepts, Q asserts that the Compton rapper lifted his idea following their listening session.

"When I was in L.A, I would say some sh!t and he [Game] be like, 'yo I said that same sh!t, but I said it like this.' So he heard my whole song, the whole concept and not once did the ni99a say, 'I got a song just like that," Q revealed to SOHH.com. "And when he let me hear the sh!t from his album he didn't have that song. That sh!t definitely was new. Then the ni99as used the same albums, the same context."

The AC rhyme slinger assures he's in the process of taking legal action against Game. Still, he doesn't seem opposed to alternate ways of resolving the conflict.

"He [Game] know cause my man let me know," Q said regarding the Game's alleged guilt. "He know when he see me, we might as well start scrapping."

All i can say is DAMNN....i smell a lawsuit....

mo-x

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.unknownterritoryrecords.com
I believe it! There is no reason for the dude to come out like this if it didn't happen. I'm sure game got the concept for his classic album comparison lyrics from Q45. Just goes to show you that he doesn't value hip hop for what it is. It's a cash cow to him, nothing more. Game ain't hip hop. He ain't bringing back the west. He's been rapping for less time than I have and doesn't know what this lifestyle is about. It's not about writing verses and getting paid from other artists, it's not about selling ring tones and it's not about lifting ideas from songs you hear unless you're paying homage to a great emcee by doing it. I bet Game ain't never been to an emcee/dj/b-boy battle in his life. He's overrated, over hyped, and played out. He was played out before his album even dropped. 'Nuff Said.

May 21, 2002
out of all the name droppin he does on that album, that hook was the only creative thing he did with it... and he bit the idea from somebody else, lol

The Documentary has to be the most pre-designed, manufactured album in rap history, not one original idea on the whole cd.

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
Yeah, it's frivalous. Concepts are so overdone anyways, this is just another example of how hip-hop is always borrowing from itself or other music. So many producers sample a song and only add a few drums or something and then call it their own... reading the two songs, Game's sounds better to me - I understand dudes problem, but just be happy your shits tight enough to get jacked. Any press he gets from this will be worth more than his concept was, if he's smart he knows that and is gonna try to capitilize on it. If not, that's a shame 'cause chances are he won't see a dollar from Game in a civil suit.