The French...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 5, 2004
Yea, it was called High Tension in the US.

I actually saw it at a test screening in SF a few months before it came out. My friend had tickets, asked me to go. I didn't expect seeing that gory ass movie though, lol. But I think it was a really well-made movie. Nice cinematography and everything. I think the US version had to get toned down, but the version we saw was the French one. I actually wound up buying a used French version of the dvd at a record store. Haven't re-watched it yet though.

Brotha Lynch would approve of the movie.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
I just copped Inside and Martyrs both on DVD. Love em both. Best horror movies in a long time.

I liked Inside a little more cause *spoiler* of the scene of that psycho bitch cuttin open the belly to get the baby out...

Jan 14, 2006
^^^when she tries to open her up the first time or the end where there's like 37 gallons of blood? lol i need to watch martyrs i had been looking for it since this thread was first made.

Haute Tension was great and im glad it was the first movie i had watched that included the twist ending to where the main character was actually the bad guy/couldnt remember i think it really did good on that and made the audience use their own imagination to fill in the blanks. everyone that i've had watch it has had a different thought of what really was happening all along.

Movie called Shrooms tried the same type of twist ending but was a completely horrible movie, don't watch it.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
Martyrs has a more complex story and leaves you sitting in front of the TV like WTF?! In a positiv way though. Shit is...well how to say...unusual deep for a Horror Movie, if you can even call it that. It will make you think about it for a while.

Inside on the other hand is some straight survival horror movie on a whole other level...

Overall I would say Martyrs is the superior movie no question about it, but I still liked Inside more for what it is.