The Ficticious Lifestyles of Bay Area Rappers "the Art of Lying"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 18, 2006
FACT OR FICTION?

Why is it that when i actually meet some of the artists I listen, they end up being as phony as a $6 bill? Really dough why dudes have to lie to kick it on their albums?

Ive seen some dudes talkin bout they got Lambo's and millions and then i see them in a 96 Acura with a cracked windshield and sticker in the window or they got an Enterprise sticker on "their" new Camaro they riding around town in.

Quit flossin yo homies car like its yours, taking pictures of other peoples houses THAT AINT YOURS!!!

why you gotta front for? Dont tryn make ya Chrysler 300 look like a Phantom with them wack ass body modifications. Wearing the homies chain in your pictures and frontin on Instagram like you livin large?

like the big homie said

AINT NO FUTURE IN YA FRONT!!!

Aug 19, 2004
Ive seen some dudes talkin bout they got Lambo's and millions and then i see them in a 96 Acura with a cracked windshield and sticker in the window or they got an Enterprise sticker on "their" new Camaro they riding around town in.

Quit flossin yo homies car like its yours, taking pictures of other peoples houses THAT AINT YOURS!!!

why you gotta front for? Dont tryn make ya Chrysler 300 look like a Phantom with them wack ass body modifications. Wearing the homies chain in your pictures and frontin on Instagram like you livin large?
Because we live in a society where making money, regardless of the quality of your character, is a virtue above all other virtues.

Most people are not rich but would like to be, so they enjoy living vicariously, be it through a song like "Blowing Money Fast" or some reality television show like "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills." This kind of entertainment helps reinforce the belief that equates having money with being a successful human being.

Rappers feel they have to live up to the content of their music to keep an audience and be successful. Unlike other forms of entertainment, where the fan base can distinguish the art from the artist(for the most part), rappers themselves insist that it's not just entertainment, it's their life, it's real. It's a fan base who wants their favorite artists to live out the shallow and self-destructive behavior that their songs describe.

May 16, 2002
Because we live in a society where making money, regardless of the quality of your character, is a virtue above all other virtues.

Most people are not rich but would like to be, so they enjoy living vicariously, be it through a song like "Blowing Money Fast" or some reality television show like "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills." This kind of entertainment helps reinforce the belief that equates having money with being a successful human being.

Rappers feel they have to live up to the content of their music to keep an audience and be successful. Unlike other forms of entertainment, where the fan base can distinguish the art from the artist(for the most part), rappers themselves insist that it's not just entertainment, it's their life, it's real. It's a fan base who wants their favorite artists to live out the shallow and self-destructive behavior that their songs describe.

This is true. Social networks where you have the regular Joe's who work regular 9 to 5's brag & boast about what they own, where they're having dinner etc. It's not just rappers anymore. It's everybody.

The funny thing about independent rappers is all the talk & showing off, but I never hear the "Hit Record" anywhere. Or the infamous video camera speech, "Be on the look out for my album coming..." LMAO! Only to never hear about it outside of that.

Nov 13, 2009
FACT OR FICTION?

Why is it that when i actually meet some of the artists I listen, they end up being as phony as a $6 bill? Really dough why dudes have to lie to kick it on their albums?

like the big homie said

AINT NO FUTURE IN YA FRONT!!!
Name names ho

Sep 18, 2006
AP9 get my vote ive seen the dude on instagram flossin Other Peoples Property that I know for a fact aint his cause they belong to really real bosses that he try to latch onto but he'll just call me a hater for exposing the really real. Stop taking picture with other folks property fronting like its yours. the dude dont got a Lambo opr a mansion and my vegas folks say dude live in a dumpy ass apartment up there, aint no future in it.

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
AP9 get my vote ive seen the dude on instagram flossin Other Peoples Property that I know for a fact aint his cause they belong to really real bosses that he try to latch onto but he'll just call me a hater for exposing the really real. Stop taking picture with other folks property fronting like its yours. the dude dont got a Lambo opr a mansion and my vegas folks say dude live in a dumpy ass apartment up there, aint no future in it.
damn.

you will just get called a hater facts or not we got entirely too many nut-swingers on the internet.

Dec 26, 2004
www.slapmaster.net
The glam / $ rap will only last a little longer cause the majority cant feel something they dont have..feel me lol. Its all about party right now, ...and that will cycle out and change too. All rappers are guilty of exaggerating, but to flat out fake it and lie to try to get more credibility is some weak shit and I cant respect it.

Props: MRTHECOSE