The Definative EVERREADY - BILLBOARD thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 16, 2002
honestly... if Maroon 5 can milk their "Songs About Jane" album for MANY years and then all of a sudden stay on billboard for a long-ass time after touring with Michelle Branch and many other pop stars at that time, finally getting play on the radio and on MTV MANY YEARS after their album FIRST came out, then Tech can do the same... he just has to keep touring and milking the fuck outta everready in any and every way that he can... any exposure is great exposure.

Sep 26, 2002
record sales in 2005 were 15% below compared to 2000. they dropped about 8 percent from 2002 (when AP was released) till the end of 2005.

so if tech sold about 20k now, he woulda probably sold like 23k ( that's + 15%) in 2000, prior to 911, prior to anghellic, prior to increased downloads, prior to torrents, prior to iraq, etc etc. 3k is a lot but not really that much.

how much did AP sell during the first week? does anyone remember?

but if tech's chart position is 47, i'd say that's pretty good!

After a one-year gain, CD sales dropped again in 2005, by 8.0%. They're now 15.5% below 2000's record level. Digital track downloads continued to explode in 2005, rising 150% over 2004.

Year CD sales
2005 598.9
2004 651.1
2003 635.8
2002 649.5
2001 712.0
2000 730.0

Figures in millions of units. Source: Nielsen

SoundScan, which tracked digital downloads
---http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2006-01-04-music-sales-main_x.htm

Feb 3, 2006
damn that shits givin me a headache, us here is gettin all teknical wit dis shit... just give me the final numbers when yall done with all the mathmaticaly challanging figuration of anexordtion to the 3rd power of exponentation and all that shit.. ill be back later... haha..

Aug 16, 2003
Sinister_shakes said:
damn that shits givin me a headache, us here is gettin all teknical wit dis shit... just give me the final numbers when yall done with all the mathmaticaly challanging figuration of anexordtion to the 3rd power of exponentation and all that shit.. ill be back later... haha..
Real talk. Like Mr T would say "cut the jibba jabba"!!!!!!!!

Holla

Aug 20, 2002
elegantjewelry.itctv.com
Personally I believe this album will still do well and exceed all expectations in the long run. Hell if this damn video ever get some real play these numbers will be jumpin like a mothafucka. And what I see happening is later down the line people being like "Damn this album is selling its ass off" "Why I just now seen the video and the album been out for months" "I would of bought this shit then if I knew about it"......Well I know I'm putting this all around a video and if it does get the play we know it deserves it still don't mean more album sales....Well it was a nice dream (closes eyes and tries to go back to it)

Oct 18, 2006
Dark Shadow said:
^^^stop using that as an excuse
But it is an exuse.. 23.000 albums the first week is really good.. but if everybody who downloaded the cd, it would sell around 30.000.. but its cool! congrats to Tech for having a good first week.. diffenetly!§

But don't forget this shit is independent.. example, Daz Dillinger is independent aswell, and he sold around 20.000 aswell, if not 30.000.. and he makes 9$ per albuM!

if tech sells 100.000 albums in the long run.. he will still be RICH!!! and i meen RICH! not to mention all the merchandise + concerts he's doing.. damn! i aint gon' feel sorry because he sold less than we hoped.. 23.000 is still very good.. Tech is the greatest!

Oct 23, 2002
www.chapmanrecording.com
Intellect said:
But it is an exuse.. 23.000 albums the first week is really good.. but if everybody who downloaded the cd, it would sell around 30.000.. but its cool! congrats to Tech for having a good first week.. diffenetly!§

But don't forget this shit is independent.. example, Daz Dillinger is independent aswell, and he sold around 20.000 aswell, if not 30.000.. and he makes 9$ per albuM!

if tech sells 100.000 albums in the long run.. he will still be RICH!!! and i meen RICH! not to mention all the merchandise + concerts he's doing.. damn! i aint gon' feel sorry because he sold less than we hoped.. 23.000 is still very good.. Tech is the greatest!

You really have an oversimplified view of how the music industry works...What about all the money they spent making the album? Promotion $$?? The advance from Fontana that they will more-than-likely have to recoup. It's not like all the money from sales goes directly into Tech's pocket...

Sep 26, 2002
Roberto said:
You really have an oversimplified view of how the music industry works...What about all the money they spent making the album? Promotion $$?? The advance from Fontana that they will more-than-likely have to recoup. It's not like all the money from sales goes directly into Tech's pocket...
exactly, it's not like "independent" means it's not a semi-big business. Strange battles the same battles as majors, only on a little smaller scale, and probably with a higher level or risk. but i'm not an economist so dont quote me on that.

you can't compare strange to someone who makes their shit at home and sells the product out of the back of a truck. sometimes that works as well. i think esham made a million dollars dealing his product like that in the early years

Feb 10, 2006
comparisons

Anghellic sold 23,840 units and came in at #59. Absolute Power debuted at #79. So Everready at #50 is good I think...once you get to a certain point it is going to get harder and harder to move up.