The D.E. done fell off

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 5, 2002
D.E. fell off?????????? I don't think so, sure some CD's you might like more than others, even FU2 (which is my least favorite DE album) gets more play time in my CD Player than 95% of the new shit I buy for 1-2 cuts and the rest is album filler, I will be old and gray and I'm a make sure I got copies of this to pass down to my kids............outro

Kavie

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.kavierocks.com
Dr. Curien said:
Lynch By Inch= Horrible worst Lynch Cd to date

First Degree isnt the same rapper like a lot of other rappers. If he were the same on every album then I could see your complaints but he advances each time. BBB was one of his best as was DTDE and BTWF and SB, as well as FU1 FU2 D.E. is tight. Oukast however is not. They are in fact one of the worst groups out right now.
i agree with Dr. Curien, The D.E. comin different on every album is a good thing and is what keeps me interested in his shit...and on that Outkast subject, yes they are one of the worst groups out right now...everybody is on thier shit like its something special, but its really garbage...

May 10, 2002
Well I haven't been here in forever ... I think the LOOKS of the board suck donkey cock. It doesn't even FEEL like a Fahrenheit board without the reddish orange (the black and greeen SUCKS, maybe it's ok for the siccness forum, but not here) ... where's Vamps when you need em? I don't think the entire forums are half as good as they used to be. Used to be a community, maybe it still is, but I don't know over half these cats here. But that's on another tip

As for DE fallin off ... I live down in Tampa ... I finally swooped that FU2, my girl special ordered it for me for Xmas seeing how it's not carried down here. I was COMPLETELY dissapointed as I posted in another thread yesterday. And anyone who has been around these boards longer that a year knows I am a HUGE DE fan. I have yet to pick up Before there was Fahrenhiet ... I was hesitent after FU2, but I am hearing a few good things about it.

Can someone fill me in on it? Are they all "new" songs? By new I mean we have never heard them on another album before. I read the post DE made talking about it a while back. Any info/sample tracks would be great. Haven't been coming to the forums in a while.

Thanks

Cac aka BjG

May 10, 2002
Kaydub wrote:

"i dont even wanna hear that before there was fahrenheit shit."

"i just said hes fell off lately in my opinion. i didnt say id never listen to him again i just think he could do a few things better"

That's why everyone was getting the idea you were just gonna give up on DE because you thought his work has been subpar lately. You kinda contrdicted yourself a bit, and perhaps people took what you said the wrong way.

Man it's so hostile round here ... everyone needs to relax a bit. I agree the FU2 was a huge dissapointment (read for more details) http://www.siccness.net/vb/showthread.php?t=100397

But I also think DTDE and TBBB are just as much classics as Planet Zero, if not more. They are more original in my opinion. Just a little different style with less features from other people (which I prefer)

So far FU2 is the only thing I think is below par ... and I do think he tried to push the boundaries too far on it ... but I won't get into since I posted already about this in the above thread-link.

That's one thing about DE though ... like Tone Dog said ... he DOES read the threads and usually listens to what his fans have to say ... so it's good to post stuff like this because he pays attention to it even if you think he's not watching. Fool's like Santa Clause and shit.

Out

Cac tha 6-0

PS ... Outkast has talent ... and as far as Andre 3000 ... shit I'd luv to be him ... I know he has a lot more cash than any of us right now ... he has to be doing something right. But I agree it's getting played out and all these damn "guests" on albums ... but hey, that's what happens when it becomes comercial. You can't have it both ways, unless you are Sade. Then you can say "Fuck it I think I will wait 10 years before I drop and album and fuck anyone who wants to be on it ... I'll do it myself with people I PICK to play instuments for me ... and I'll STILL go multi plat."

Nov 16, 2003
you know what after reading all this again, i did contradict myself a bit, but you know what i still feel the same way. the last couple albums have been subpar and he been tryin to be too wierd. i mean DE is like in my top 5 all time so its not like im saying fuck DE I'll never listen again, im just sayin I think he trys to push the envelope and be weird too much. and i think he works with alot of people who are not as talented and dont blend well musically with him. i sold FU2 like 2 weeks after I bought it I was so dissappointed but you know what, I told DE personally i didnt like it, but it is a compilation so when this next solo drops i'll still be there at tower the day it comes out like ive always been. and even if DE reads this im coo wit that I know he needs to know what people think and I know what he thinks...

"he say, DE you'll never go plat youre too abstract,
I own the label I can deal with that!"

Apr 12, 2003
I KNOW WE WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED ON DE'S NEXT SOLO. WITH EACH ALBUM HE GAINS MORE KNOWLEDGE AND GETS NEW IDEAS.

HE JUST GOES WIT THE BEATS HE CREATES; IF THE BEATS ARE WICKED, THEN HE COMES WICKED. I BELEIVE DE IS A PRODUCER FIRST AND AN ARTIST SECOND.

DE AIN'T FOR EVERYBODY, JUST THE SONZ OF FAHRANHEIT!

May 10, 2002
KayDubb said:
you know what after reading all this again, i did contradict myself a bit, but you know what i still feel the same way. the last couple albums have been subpar and he been tryin to be too wierd. i mean DE is like in my top 5 all time so its not like im saying fuck DE I'll never listen again, im just sayin I think he trys to push the envelope and be weird too much. and i think he works with alot of people who are not as talented and dont blend well musically with him. i sold FU2 like 2 weeks after I bought it I was so dissappointed but you know what, I told DE personally i didnt like it, but it is a compilation so when this next solo drops i'll still be there at tower the day it comes out like ive always been. and even if DE reads this im coo wit that I know he needs to know what people think and I know what he thinks...

"he say, DE you'll never go plat youre too abstract,
I own the label I can deal with that!"
Yea and I feel ya on that Kay ... but like you just said I think his next solo album will be much better and he'll come back with a bang. Like I said before and you said ... FU2 tried to go to far/weird. Cats were too quick to jump on you, and you made a mistake with wording a bit and didn't realize it, but I think it's actually GOOD people post shit like this. When everybody says they love your shit all the time and praise everything you do ... you get a big head and shit gets lazy and uninteresting. Tone Dog is right when he said contraversy makes for good promotion ... but it makes for even BETTER inspiration. Shit without contaversy and doubters and shit like that ... there wouldn't even BE rap. That's what fuels cats. I hope DE reads this too.

Anyways I agree with probably every word of your above paragraph. DE is on another level and just doesn't mix with 90% of other rappers ... like "mixing oil with water, the oil will always be on top" ... and at the same time DE can't get to crazy and try to push things beyond the point of existence and think he is TOO far above ... feel me ... if anyone does, I hope it's DE.

Out

Cac tha 6-0

Nov 16, 2003
yea i feel that. im glad this thread got this dead ass board talkin a little bit more too. i remember before DTDE came out it used to be crackin. there was excitement in the air about everything DE did, i just havent been at tower when they open the doors wit a wop stick in the car waitin to get my hands on that new DE masterpiece. and DTDE was the last one to me. TBBB was aight but i think alot of it started to go too far off and be too weird. but there was still like 6 - 7 bangers which is more than you get wit most cd's. the DE is like somethin you take pride in revealing to people you meet just to see how they handle it and if they can take it or understand it. i think i remember u cac from back then too but i had a diff name

May 10, 2002
Yea man I been here for a long ass time. Since he released PZ. I used to come to this forum a lot ... hell I used to come to all the forums a lot ... but that was before there was 100 of em. I don't know ... it seems things tend to lose meaning and uniqueness when they get too large. I was cool with Roloc and Emil(aka Vamps) was/is a good friend of mine ... now that they are gone it doesn't feel the same to me. And I REALLY hope they fix the format for this board because the "siccness" green and black just don't go. With all do respect to Curbie (he's still here right?) and whoever else run the site ... it just seemed like more of a community before. I mean I drove cross country from FL to Cali, stopping across the naaaaiiish along the way to try and give folks rides to see a little ass concert in Chico to see some Sactown artists perform. I gotta say I gained respect for DE ... he was real cool and took some time out to talk with me and what not ... and gave a nice show ... that's more than I can say for Lynch. Whether it's all an act or not ... that meant something to me.

That's another reason why I hold DE in high regards. Some say he's shadey, maybe he is, I don't know him personally that well. But at least he takes his career serious and makes efforts to put out stuff no one can duplicate and stuff to please his fans. Like I said in my thread ... a LOOOONNGGGG time ago when I talked about him and King Nicky doing a track together and everyone kept saying it wouldn't ever happen ... so we got a post going to show the fans would really like to see that ... and low and behold ... not a lot of artists these days would do that. So it's not JUST about the music with me either. If that's the case I would just listen to the shit that comes on the radio ... but I don't listen to the radio :)

DE just do us a favor and don't get too far off track ... because that's what FU2 was. By the way is there ANYONE who got riled up and was jumping on Kay that actually LIKED FU2? Just curious.

Much Luv

Cac tha 6-0

Apr 25, 2002
I say FU2 is the weakest D.E. project to date also. I only like the BeGee/D.E./Nickatina song(eventhough Dre does sound weird on it), the BeGee"Gangsta" song, the Equipto/D.E. song, and the song towards the end with D.E. and Lynch. The rest I don't like, but TBBB is BOMB, to me.... Also, I would say that FU2 is more towards the "mainstream" side of the scale, not towards the weird side. I think that DTDE and TBBB are on the weird side, and I love them for that. PEACE OUT!

May 10, 2002
2ndcoming said:
I say FU2 is the weakest D.E. project to date also. I only like the BeGee/D.E./Nickatina song(eventhough Dre does sound weird on it), the BeGee"Gangsta" song, the Equipto/D.E. song, and the song towards the end with D.E. and Lynch. The rest I don't like, but TBBB is BOMB, to me.... Also, I would say that FU2 is more towards the "mainstream" side of the scale, not towards the weird side. I think that DTDE and TBBB are on the weird side, and I love them for that. PEACE OUT!
MAINSTREAM? 2nd I think you been hitting that whop stick too much while listening to DE! LOL ... DTDE was the most "maintstream" type album he did. I think that's the only album that your average mindless Joe could listen to and actually enjoy parts of it. I can't believe you think FU2 is more "mainstream" ... whenever anyone hears me play that here ... they get real quiet and give me strange looks. HAHAHA ... anyways I agree with you about TBBB ... I enjoy that more than DTDE ... and I think that album is strangest of strange ... but it has LOTS of flows and DE type lines ... where I think FU2 lacked that bigtime.

Peace out

Cac

Apr 25, 2002
Sup Cac, I remember yous was the first person to welcome me to the fahrenheit boards way back when(96/97 I think???)... Anyways, no doubt DTDE can and most of the time is enjoyed by all (rap fans) who peep it, but can you picture anything on DTDE getting any radio play? I could be way off, but it just seems to me that there are a couple of songs on FU2 that could be played on radio. Just my thinking. PEACE OUT!

May 10, 2002
Yea wut up 2nd, it was a long time ago man ... you always been a true DE fan. To be honest with you there are a couple tracks I think could get air time on DTDE ... but Bad Biddie was not one of them ... that's why I was tripping when he made the video for that ... because I think that was one of the stranger songs off that album ... it was the only song I didn't like AT ALL until after about a month 1/2 of listening ... then it started to grow on me. But I see you point. I am just talking about OVERALL I think DTDE had more "comercial appeal" as an overall album, but by no means was it a comcerial album.

Anyway it's good to chop it up with some folks here. Been a long time since I have talked about DE or ANY sactown rap for that matter. You all have me wanting to get out all my 'listening devices" and bump all the DE albums at the same time, lol. Well take it easy man. I'll try to post a little more. I am definitely still looking forward to the new solo whenever it comes out.

Much Luv

Cac tha 6-0

Apr 8, 2004
Cacarot60 said:
I gotta say I gained respect for DE ... he was real cool and took some time out to talk with me and what not ... and gave a nice show ... that's more than I can say for Lynch. Whether it's all an act or not ... that meant something to me.

That's another reason why I hold DE in high regards. Some say he's shadey, maybe he is, I don't know him personally that well. But at least he takes his career serious and makes efforts to put out stuff no one can duplicate and stuff to please his fans.
Nah, folks that wasn't no front DE real. I met that nigga First Degree at Young Droop's record signing and that nigga shot me hella love. He blessed me w/ an autographed cd and a poster. It was cool though cause he chopped it up with me saying how much he appreciated the support and shit cause i was tha only nigga he seen with his cd. Loki & P Folks were cool too. Young Ridah. Polo, and Sicx didn't even show up. I asked Loki what's up with Sicx, he just started laughing and said he was fucced up. I wasn't worried bout Droop though cause I know dude personally, but I think Hollowtip had a problem with my blue I had on though but I didn't give a fucc I'm a crip. Maybe it was his natural look or something, but I felt some animosity.

May 10, 2002
Contagious Locc said:
Nah, folks that wasn't no front DE real. I met that nigga First Degree at Young Droop's record signing and that nigga shot me hella love. He blessed me w/ an autographed cd and a poster. It was cool though cause he chopped it up with me saying how much he appreciated the support and shit cause i was tha only nigga he seen with his cd. Loki & P Folks were cool too. Young Ridah. Polo, and Sicx didn't even show up. I asked Loki what's up with Sicx, he just started laughing and said he was fucced up. I wasn't worried bout Droop though cause I know dude personally, but I think Hollowtip had a problem with my blue I had on though but I didn't give a fucc I'm a crip. Maybe it was his natural look or something, but I felt some animosity.
Yea Loki is a cool mutha fucka too ... pretty smart dude too. When you talk to him in person you can see he is not your average rapper. And you gotta understand I drove across country, and not just the shortest route, but OUT OF MY WAY picking fools up along the way just to show my support for the Siccness and Sactown rap. And we barely got a hello from Lynch. Maybe I'm askin too much, but I think that's fucked up. Could at least PRETEND to be glad and take two seconds to sign an autograph. Didn't even offer. Didn't have to ask DE or Loki for shit ... they just hooked everyone up. And I thought it sucked balls Lynch didn't perform in Chico ... again maybe that's just me. But anyways DE clearly understands he's nothing (musically) without his fans that buy his music, and in return shows them luv. I felt it was genuine the short amount of time I got to kick it with him in Chico. But that DEFINITELY makes a difference to me. Some people say they don't fucking care if the artist is an asshole ... as long as the music is good. Nah, not me. My homie Bukshot from Kentucky, his rap is not always my style (but he can come heated, he is awesome live too!) ... but he is one of the coolest guys I have ever met ... and with that he will have a fan for life.

Stay up,

Cac