THE CASH MONEY/NO LIMIT STORY

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
NOT MY STORY BUT IF U FROM THE N.O. & GOT UR OWN WORDS ON THIS THEN SPEAK ON IT.

The beginning Stages:
Anybody that been a follower of deep dirty south music knows about the history or the turf rivalry that been going on between Cash Money and No Limit Records. But what people don’t know is that the beef started before both camps really started blowing up. Starting at 1994 where Mystikal, Who was signed to an Independent record label Big Boy Records found himself in the middle of the beef between Big Boy and Cash Money. Artists such as U.N.L.V., and BG started off the war by going at Mystikal on songs like Drag Em in the River and Fuck Big Boy. The beef would take a turn for the worst on the street level when one of the artists was killed sitting in his car and it was heavily speculated that Baby was the one that orchestrated the hit. There’s a high possibly that he even rapped about the incident on B.G.’s Made Man:

Nigga disrespect lets put the nigga to sleep (put’em ta sleep)
I’m discreet about the things that I do on the streets
Them niggas be sayin’ baby put that fuckin’ boy to sleep (baby done that?)
Them niggas be sayin’ baby put that change on his feet (baby done that?)
I got these niggas sayin’ that boy babys a crook (a crook?)

Mystikal waited until he released his 2nd album Mind of Mysikal to retaliate to the Cash Money disses and he did in a major way putting out one of the best songs of his career with Beware: The track not only showed that Mysikal wasn’t a punk but he can also get down and dirty with the best of them as well.

The Mind of Mystikal ended up opening up doors for Mystikal and his career as he would go on to find bigger success by signing to Master P and No Limit Records in 1997. Cash Money meanwhile would continue to build their underground following with releases from B.G, The Hot Boys, and juvenile.

The beef would die down briefly but 1998 was the breaking year for both camps. Master P after all of the hard work that he’s put in with his consistent releases from himself and his camp would finally catch the big break as he released Ghetto D with his smash Make Em Say Uggh. Bout it Bout it was a classic Southern hit but Make Em Say Uggh crossed P into the mainstream and he would then continue the momentum by releasing platinum albums from Silkk, C-Murder, Mia X, Mystikal and the newly signed Snoop Dogg.

Cash Money would soon follow suit as they brokered a deal that is possibly the biggest in hip hop. Cash Money Records signed a deal with Universal worth 30 million records along with keeping 85 % of their royalties and 50% of their ownership and publishing. This was the big break Cash Money needed and now with the big financial backing, They could finally compete with Master P and No Limit. The first release was Juvenille’s 400 Degreez which is a critically acclaimed Southern Hip Hop classic and featured cross over singles such as Ha and Back Dat Azz up.

But as big as both labels grew. The tension grew even bigger. The rivalry started heating up once again starting with Juvenile’s album as they would take subliminal shots at No Limit on Rich Niggaz, UPT, and Welcome 2 the Nolia. No Limit artist retaliated with the songs Beef and The Empire where he speaks on the Industry and other labels hating on No Limit for their success. Master P himself never retaliated as he maintained focused on his label and other projects.

1999 was the year Cash Money truly reached their peak and No Limit started to lose steam. P was focusing more on doing movies, managing athletes, and trying out for the NBA while in the meanwhile Cash Money was continue to steamroll into 1999 developed from the previous year. Cash Money continued to crank out the hits while the No Limit sound was starting to fade away and this was the time where Master P started feeling the pressure. He was already ridiculed for his constant Tupac copying, His label wasn’t bringing in major numbers like before and his movies started tanking. Pastor Troy even started a career off dissing Master P on the crunk classic “Aint No Play in GA”.
P has never been the type to really battle on wax. He was more of a street type of guy or the type of guy that would send his soldiers to handle his dirty work like a mob boss. For years He’s been accused of stealing his whole Ice Cream Man style from the Bay Area(Mainly by Yukmouth and Dru Down) and he’s been accused of making millions off stealing peoples style. Then to make matters worst, The Hot Boys even dissed No Limit on tracks Boys at War and B.G. where B.G. acknowledged them “Wannabe Biting Soldiers”.

The beef took a very controversal turn when this group called Da Wild Boyz released a diss song/Video on the whole Cash Money camp. Its been said that these guys were affiliated with No Limit and the song ended making some local noise. But it was the track We Deadly is where the beef hit its climax as Master P himself would address the beefs between his camp, Pastor Troy, and Cash Money. No Limit werent gonna go away without a fight:

The beef would take more violent turn as there have been rumors(true and false) of physical altercations between both camps. There have been instances where the beef went violent as C-Murder(Master P’s younger brother) stuck a gun in juvenile’s mouth and had Cash Money artists tuck in their chains according to former Death Row Artist K9. C-Murder continued to take the situation in his own hand as he would address the Cash Money beef on the track Bet Ya basically calling out the whole Cash Money camp and the then departed Mystikal:

Whats really bizarre about the rivalry is that the artists that were apart of this beef from the start started beefing with their own labels. Both Mystikal and B.G. would end up having personal issues with P and Baby respectively .Mystikal got caught slipping and started sleeping with C-Murders girlfriend at the time Monica. Master P heard about it and sent his goon squad to stomp Mystikal out thus leading to his exit. B.G and juvenile on the other hand left Cash Money claiming that Baby stole royality checks and tour money from them. It started a brand new rivalry:

As for who won the overall rivalry, Many would say Cash Money since their still around but nevertheless this rivalry would go down in hip hop history as one of the most violent in hip hop as well as some of the hardest records ever been made. I can only hope that P and Baby since they both are older can settle their differences like men and that the artists that were apart of this rivalry can squash the vendetta and make some good music together. Even though healthy competition is good, The Violence needs to be ceased.

ALSO 1 OF THE DUDES FROM WILD BOYZ GO KILLED AFTER THEY RELEASED THAT VIDEO GOIN AT CASH MONEY RUMOR HAS IT THAT SOMEBODY FROM CASH MONEY DID IT (NOT A RAPPERS BUT 1 OF THE NIGGAS AFFILIATED WIT EM) THIS WAS AROUN 2000. ALSO THEY NEED TO SPEAK ON BIG BOY RECORDS THEY WAS THE HARDEST LABLE IN NEW ORLEANS IN THE EARLY 90s, THEY HAD BLACK MENACE (FIEND WAS IN THIS GROUP), MYSTIKAL, GHETTO TWINZ & A COUPLE OTHER NIGGAS THAT WENT HARD

I-ROCC

CEO of Money Hungry/Hottest Underground N**ga in t
May 5, 2002
LUNICOLEONE.COM
I WAS LIVING IN NEW ORLEANS WHILE THIS WAS GOIN ON..BIG BOY ALSO HAD SPORTY T AND G-SLIMM...G-SLIMMS ALBUM "FOURS,DEUCES & TREYS" IS CLASSIC AND 1 OF MY FAV ALBUMS EVER!

DAMN I DIDNT KNO U WAS LIVIN IN NEW ORLEANS ROCC, WHAT PART OF THE CITY DID U STAY IN? I WAS RAISED OUT THERE IN THE 9TH WARD .. BUT YEA SPORTY T & G-SLIMM WAS DOPE, SPORTY T HAD A CD CALLED JACKIN FOR BOUNCE THAT WAS PRETTY TIGHT TOO. I THINK P-N-C WAS EVEN ON BIG BOY IF I REMEMBER CORRECT AROUN WHEN THEY DROPPED PUMP THE PARTY, I HAD THGAT SHIT ON CASSETTE & THE TAPE WAS BLUE

I-ROCC

CEO of Money Hungry/Hottest Underground N**ga in t
May 5, 2002
LUNICOLEONE.COM
i STAYED IN THE ST.BENARD PROJETCS 7TH WARD...THEN MOVED 2 THE EAST ...OFF CHEF MENTURE HWY DOWN THE STREET FROM "we never close"...P-N-C WAS ON BIG BOY...THEIR 1ST RELEASE WAS A MAIX SINGLE WITH A U.N.L.V DISS CALLED "PUSSY N A CAN"..I HAD FORGOT ABOUT THAT

DAMN I AINT HEARD ABOUT WE NEVER CLOSE IN A WHILE! THEY HAD THE BEST PO BOYS .. SHRIMP PO BOY ALL DAY, I STAYED ON ALVAR ST 2 BLOCKS AWAY FROM THE FLORIDA PROJECTS, I WENT TO FRANTZ ELEM, BELL JR HIGH & DOUGLASS (USED TO BE NICHOLLS HIGH SCHOOL). BUT YEA PnC & THE UNLV BEEF WAS REALLY WHAT KICKED OFF THE BEEF BETWEEN THE LABELS & ONCE PEOPLE STARTED GETTIN DEALS TO NO LIMIT THATS HOW IT WENT TO NO LIMIT/CASH MONEY BEEF. I REMEBER GOIN TO PEACHES TO BUY ALL THEY TAPES

S.L.A.B

Hiphop-TV
Mar 26, 2006
hiphop-tv.blogspot.nl
Interresting story but Im sure that I've read something about C-Murder commin fresh outta jail and went crazy on Cash Money members and thats why they ended up squashing their beef. But Im not saying its true. But Its good to see that they havent got that beef anymore I rather see them collab.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I miss New Orleans, I used to stay in Algiers on the west bank right off Gen Degaulle

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
GREAT READ - I ALWAYS WANTED SOME INFO ON THEM . THE ONLY BEEF I HAVE W/ MASTER P IS HE NEVER SHOUTS OUT THE BAY AREA. HE CALLED RICHMOND HOME AND SIGNED A LOT OF RAPPER OUT HERE . THE LEAST HE COULD DO IS ACKNOWLEDGE THE FACT WE BOUGHT MOST THOSE CD'S .......

My dream is to rob both camps & give it to the Katrina victims ...........

Sep 24, 2002
MY DREAM IS TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THIS CAPS LOCK SHIT OFF. EVERY POST I POST ITS NOTHING BIG LETTERS N SHIT YO. DOES ANY1 KNOW HOW TO HACK AND GET ALL THESE BIG LETTERS N SHIT BACK 2 NORMAL BACK TO REALITY?

Jun 12, 2002
www.sosickproductions.com
I dont think No Limit and Cash Money started beefin until No limit said they wasnt fuckin wit Cash Money when they was tryna get on. Thatz Krazy P was a West Koast Bad Boy and sounded like C-Bo bak in the day, then he bit the luniz,Then he bit mystikal then he bit Pac. His hardest shit was the song he had wit RBL( How come when i was broke u wasnt brownnosing-tryna make dollar out of 15 cents) No Limit had some hard hitters but tru cmurder, silkk and P was all biters

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Cash Money won, then fucked up erything good and now they have garbage like the new autotune wayne, faggot ass drake and weird hoe nicki minaje

Jan 10, 2006
before BG Cash Money had some more real heavyweightaz like Kilo G (RIP), Pimp Daddy (RIP), Mr Ivan (RIP), UNLV (RIP Yella Boy)... All them gone but not forgotten...

Feb 11, 2006
mac and soljah slim shits on all that cash money shit mayne......b.g old albums are classic apart from that all thes rest of both them camps shit is fuckin doo doo