The Brewers get CC Sabathia

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 5, 2005
They aren't going to sign Sheets either.
They have a better shot at resigning Sheets then CC thats for damn sure. But like I said, their farm system is loaded. How do you think they were capable of trading for CC? Laporta might become a stud, but thats not something the Brewers will forget because they got a proven veteran in return and can make a run for the WS. NL Central is looking tough.

Btw, CC wants $160M.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Their farm system has nothing to do with Sheets staying, they aren't going to resign him. They're still a smaller market team and if anything their quality draft picks mean they won't mind losing him. Their strategy for the past few years has been to let their FA's go to get the compensary picks which is why they always have so many good guys.

Apr 5, 2005
^^No it doesn't. I never said it did. I just said they have a better shot at signing Sheets then they do at signing CC 'cause Sheets won't be asking for $160M. You seem pretty confident that they aren't signing Sheets. We'll find out in the offseason.

Do you know by any chance what Sheets would be asking for?

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
Resign him? They isn't going to happen. Ben Sheets is also a free agent next year and they are likely to sign him for less money than CC. The Brewers are a small market team and cannot afford CC's demands. The Brew Crew want to win now which is way they made this trade. They have a great farm system where they have produced players such as Hardy, Braun, Hart and Fielder. They believe in their prospects developments.
lol. thanks im from there. just sayin if they dont do anything in the playoffs or resign him then that trade is a huge waste.

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
C wants to be in the NL west...he wants to be close to home and hit...but the word is the yanks are gonna give him a record deal for pitchers thats gonna be pretty damn hard to pass up...

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
^^No it doesn't. I never said it did. I just said they have a better shot at signing Sheets then they do at signing CC 'cause Sheets won't be asking for $160M. You seem pretty confident that they aren't signing Sheets. We'll find out in the offseason.

Do you know by any chance what Sheets would be asking for?
Well there's also rumors they're going to go after Fuentes, I just think they're going to go for it all this year and if it doesn't work out they'll let Sheets, Fuentes and CC go and take the compensary picks and be contending again in 3 years. Their offense is still stacked and they still have young pitchers like Parra and Guillardo so they know they won't go to last place if they lose their 2 best pitchers. They never resign anyone, and Sheets is going to be asking for $40-50mill+ and would probably be more if he wasn't so injury prone.

I'm just hoping they don't use Gamel to go after Holliday.

Apr 25, 2002
The more I think about this deal, the more I like it b/c La Porta was simply blocked. Prince is a Brewer for atleast 3 more years, Ryan Braun is a Brewer for atleast 6 more years, and Cory Hart is a Brewer for atleast 3 more years. LaPorta wouldn't have been capable of playing anywhere other than 1B, LF, or RF, so unless Hart or Braun were to move to CF, there simply wasn't a spot for him (even if he is good, b/c those 3 guys are pretty damn good too).

The Brewers will contend next year and the next year and the next year even if they lose both CC and Sheets. They do need some serious bullpen help though, they tried hard this offseason but it hasn't worked out quite like they'd hoped.