The Bay on TRL yesterday

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
I flipped through channels yesterday and I heard Go Dumb and hella people dancing and the Federation were talking. Sway was like "Is Hyphy going to be the next Crunk?"

Then Big Von was talking

Then Sway was like I wanna say whats up to Keak da Sneak because E-40 said he made up Hyphy or something

Anyone else catch this?

Jun 27, 2002
is this the same one people was sayin was a bad representation wit dumbasses tryin to get hyphy and just looked stupid...or is there another one?

Jan 8, 2004
I watched it. They basically said that hyphy was the next crunk. That the bay is gonna blow hyphy nation wide.
They said like Lil Jon is the composer for crunk, Ric Rock is the composer to hyphy. Ric even got up there and said that he just puts music to it.
It was real big for the Bay.
They gave credit at the end to Keak for coming up with the word.
JC

Jan 6, 2004
www.myspace.com
they shouldve filmed at the Hyphy Halloween show. People were goin crazy with that Go Dumb shit. It's funny how everyone was bad mouthing the fed for only pushing 5000 units in 2 weeks. Looks like they're gonna blow now. If MTV is willing back them up thats all they need. The gates are open.............to bad the artists from the bay like (YUK, KEAK, QUINN, MAC DRE) didnt blow after years of work they put in. Aint some of those fed cats from like Alabama or sumpthin too. Or are they all from Fairfeild. I aint tryin to hate on the fed at all, im a fan if anything. Im just sayin i think theres tighter rappers then them out the bay. But do you really think the whole country could handle Keak or Mac Dre.......Theyre on another level. Underground kings......to bad dre had to go.

Oct 12, 2004
SOMEONE HAD POSTED THAT SHIT THE OTHER DAY...I WAS KINDA DISSAPOINTED CUZ THEY DIDNT MENTION MAC DRE...NOT TO MY KNOWLEDGE ATLEAST....BUT HITTIN IT BIGG LIKE THAT IS ALWAYS GOOD LIKE JACK TRACKS SAID..."THE GATES ARE OPEN"....

Apr 7, 2004
Seen it and was mad all friday night....I mean first off they weren't really speakin on music..they was talkin more about the get down of the word Hyphe. Saying it's the Bay version of Crunk. Is it me or is CRUNK the southern version of old Too Short or E-40 mob music. Anyway....the way they are speakin on Hyphe is like that's the new style. If I was an outsider I would be like WTF is these bay cats back up to now...they had these dumb broads on there freakin each other going so-called stupid and this other nigga on tere tweakin n shit going dumb... this is one style of music out here. The federation is the only group I know of doing that style...and they good at what they do. BUT MTV is tryna make it seem as if everybody finna be on that same page out here. The show wasn't even really about the Federation. This come at a time when the Bay groups are finally getting they own styles of music out here..NOT ALL SOUNDING THE SAME ANYMORE....not taking anything away from the Hyphe movement but I can say when the bay is represented on a national level like an MTV etc...we are always to a certain extent misrepresented....As I watched im like damb...I guess im just getting old or something....everything now is for the youngsters and teenagers n shit...to an outsider watching the MTV hyphe segment they lookin at us like we the fuckin muppet show...I love the bay for life..but we are so diverse out here that you can't really have a segment on that and not speak on the other shit goin on out here musically...with all the new artists surfacing n shit...yall know we only get a spot on MTV once every 10 years...Last I remember in bout 93-94 was 4-tay on MTV Jams with Bill Belamy. Tay had the perm and the playa hat and gave belamy one and they played I'll be around video...misrepresented...I mean just by that my brothers in phili seen that and said everyone out there thought we had perms and big ass lips and no production skills and no lyrics at all. fuck it..I ain't even upset anymore...niggas is use to the bay getting looked down upon..Sway tried I guess..

May 10, 2002
Is it just me, or did everybody that was on the street getting "hyphy" look like they needed a gang of lotion?

Maybe it's just me

Apr 7, 2004
true...real glad to see the bay get some glow....that wasn't my point though....the segment made the bay look like a bunch of kids.........not becuase of the Federations music...but because of the topic MTV choose after all these years to represent the Bay Area..that all im sayin...yeah and most say who cares as long as we get some shine....same ass cats on here postin "I was watching MTV and in the back ground of some other shit....they was playing the nothin to a boss instrumental".......wow we woo hoo...we accept anything as so-called shine....I can't be the only cat feelin how im feelin after watchin that shit....This is in no way a Federation bashing reply..because I dig they style of music..but the segemnt was on basically the bay lifestyle in 2004 which to me made us look really off..like something is worng out here..on the real yall....niggas was lookin scruby...and the hoes they had on there was terrible..straight up....