THE 5 MOST SUCCSESSFUL LIVING RAPPERS IN THE BAY

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 1, 2007
www.cdbaby.com
I look at it like this. There was an era in the Bay Area years ago and you had successful acts like Mc Hammer, Digital Underground,Too $hort, Paris and 2pac. Then you had an Era where there was Too $hort, E-40, Mac Dre (right before he got locked up "Whats Really Going On" e.p.), X-Raided and Brotha Lynch Hung, C-Bo (yeah yeah I know their Sacramento artist). Then you had an era where there was Too $hort, E-40 (Remember when they started doing alot of songs together), Tupac (notice the change in the spelling of the name?) Mac Mall, Celly Cell, Dru Down, Luniz and Ant Banks.

So if you look at it in "that" light. The only people that have shown continued "Strong Rooted" success are:

Too $hort

E-40

Yukmouth of the Luniz

Paris (he is still making deals under the radar. He has money, power and success.)

and Mac Dre and Tupac will continue to forever be successful even in their passing.

Street Masters Magazine WEST
http://www.streetmastersmagazine.com

mouth_my_nuts

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
Feb 16, 2006
Master P?? He's originally from the Bay..

$hort and E-40 are in a league of their own. If it's Albums sold then it's a no brainer out of these two who has been more successful lifetime.Shock G, JT,etc.. are big for independants.. As for sactown Lynch has moved a lot of albums independantly and a few other artists have done okay as well at least for independant.

Andre Nickatina does have a loyal fanbase and has done well for himself but he don't have the connections $hort has had..
you never heard the ice cream man album? he reps richmond/bay area all over that shit.

Mar 3, 2006
you never heard the ice cream man album? he reps richmond/bay area all over that shit.
Yeah, thats sort of why I mentioned him. That was a solid album even if Master P blew up outside the bay more then there if you consider mainstream anyways. As for Too $hort he made it huge while still in the bay, and fell off after he left.