THE 5 MOST SUCCSESSFUL LIVING RAPPERS IN THE BAY

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 1, 2007
www.cdbaby.com
What do you mean by successful? Career Wise? Number of Units Soundscanned? Money in the bank? Houses owned? Companies owned?

Because there are some small independent catz in smaller parts of the Bay that might not have the Registered Sales of some of the larger Bay Names, but have Multiple Houses, I.R.A's, and Large Dollars in the Bank. There are so many avenues of the game to be successful at, not just the Music/Cds Sales part.

Street Masters Magazine WEST
http://www.streetmastersmagazine.com

Jul 22, 2003
^^^^^^^^^^^

For real about nickatina with the shows...I've seen some where tickets are like 30-40 bucks. Nickatina got a fanbase that will come out to his shows all up and down the west coast. Even his shows at Blakes in berkely like 20 bucks

I cant imagine bay area cds make any money these with all the downloading

Jun 6, 2005
www.guerrillafunk.com
What do you mean by successful? Career Wise? Number of Units Soundscanned? Money in the bank? Houses owned? Companies owned?

Because there are some small independent catz in smaller parts of the Bay that might not have the Registered Sales of some of the larger Bay Names, but have Multiple Houses, I.R.A's, and Large Dollars in the Bank. There are so many avenues of the game to be successful at, not just the Music/Cds Sales part.

Street Masters Magazine WEST
http://www.streetmastersmagazine.com

That's right.

Nov 30, 2007
successfull as in money made ? albums sold ? or maybe a man whos mastered is craft, because wouldnt that be the goal of a true artist...and maybe the money side for a true grinder...its all in the drive of the man and what hes driving for...man im HIIIIIIiIIIiGHHHh haha

Mar 3, 2006
Master P?? He's originally from the Bay..

$hort and E-40 are in a league of their own. If it's Albums sold then it's a no brainer out of these two who has been more successful lifetime.Shock G, JT,etc.. are big for independants.. As for sactown Lynch has moved a lot of albums independantly and a few other artists have done okay as well at least for independant.

Andre Nickatina does have a loyal fanbase and has done well for himself but he don't have the connections $hort has had..