Tekken/Street Fighter is Official!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 27, 2008
i'ma snatch that madcatz fight controller up when SF vs Tekken drops..

OT but slightly on topic, but the gameplay footage of the new mortal kombat makes me think it will be more geared to compete with SF4. gameplay-wise, it looks like it will be the best Mortal kombat, period.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Yeah this is gonna be tight, I wonder if Namco is feeling pressure of living up to it with Tekken X Street Fighter. I think it's funny they haven't shown any gameplay or even concept art of their game yet and Capcom seems to be breezing through production.

Feb 28, 2006
i had a chance to get my hands on this @ EVO. the game is fun but im still not feeling the chain combo system by just inputting a series of buttons. i like how it is in SSF4 where it requires timing to link combos. but im sure by the time the game is fully built, there will be a lot of techniques involved in high level play. i was kindve thrown off on how i wasnt able to FA and rather, those 2 buttons (med punch+kick) are used to assist and takes a meter when assisting during an attack. but it does have that same FADC effect where you can call an assist to avoid being punished from a blocked attack. i like using boxers and from what i know, Steve Foxx's kicks buttons are like Tekken, to bob and weave. im guessing Dudley isnt gonna make the cut since its most certain Rog would be a higher demand and i doubt theyll have more than 2 boxers. overall, the game is looking better and better.

Feb 28, 2006
i was more referring to Marvel vs Capcom where you press a series of buttons without having to time anything and it automatically combos. but i cant knock it since its also incorporating Tekken in the game.

Oct 27, 2008
Yeah this is gonna be tight, I wonder if Namco is feeling pressure of living up to it with Tekken X Street Fighter. I think it's funny they haven't shown any gameplay or even concept art of their game yet and Capcom seems to be breezing through production.
i dont think pressure is the reason. tekken translates much easier into the SF universe (artwork, moves, etc) than SF translates into the realm of tekken. SF x Tekken mostly just looks like it plays like a streetfighter game, & its not hard to give a character the street fighter art-style.

i have in fact seen some concept art of m. bison in the tekken version, however, & saw an interview where the dude in charge of the tekken game said he wants to recruit Dan to the tekken side of the battle lol.

also, they obviously dont want to release both games at the same time.. another reason why we're really seeing promo for one before the other.

Aug 11, 2005
The roster is disappointing so far, too many characters from SF4, all they did was cutting and pasting the sprites from that game. How about characters from Alpha like Karen and R.Mika? They better include Lei Wulong, Bryan Fury and Dragunov on the Tekken side. Heihachi also looks goofy as hell.