Tech talks Odd future BoB beef and Wayne studio experience.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 30, 2002
BallerStatus.com: A lot of people are saying that B.O.B. is sending subliminal shots at Odd Future on your track "Am I Psycho", so what are your thoughts on that situation between the two of them?

Tech N9ne: I don't care. It's like, if they have something going, he didn't say their names on my track. It sounds like an MC, but people are talking about he said minors, but that's cool. When people rap with me, I want them to get out what they're going to get out. I sent for a verse from B.O.B. and he came back with a dope verse. He didn't say nothing about no Tyler the Creator, and he didn't say no names about no Future either. To this day, I still haven't heard neither one of their diss tracks and basically I don't care. If that was happening around the time, and he's kind of going at him, than so be it. Don't nobody want it with me anyways. I got respect for both crews. He didn't say nothing about their names and if he is going at them, that's funny as hell. That's rap sh**, go back at him. I don't care, as long as nobody says anything about me because they don't want it.

BallerStatus.com: You made a bit of noise for yourself when Lil Wayne put you on his wish list of rappers he wanted to work with, so what was it like getting to make that happen for your new album?

Tech N9ne: It was wonderful to be able to go down to Miami after visiting him in Rikers, and then when he got out, it was on. He didn't have to follow through, but he did and we did something dope for his album, and we did something dope for my album. It worked out wonderfully, and it was one of the best feelings in a long time since I met Pac or worked with Roger Troutman, or since I just did a song with Stokely Williams of Mint Condition, or working with Ice Cube and Scarface on my Killer album. It's up there with all of those.

BallerStatus.com: So what was it like in the studio with him?

Tech N9ne: It was just like everybody said. You always want to know if people are telling the truth about not writing, but I walked into the room and everybody was in there looking at the sky thinking of words and Wayne said "What if I say clear? Does that make sense?", and he looked at Mack Maine and he was like "Yeah that makes sense." Those n****s was writing out the sky, and I was like "Whoa", because I ain't never seen no sh** like that before. That was the weirdest sh**, but they were really doing it. I had already written my sh**, and I was ready to go home and go to sleep, but they were all in there doing it and looking up in the sky. I'm standing there while they're doing it, and I was telling them that I'm about to leave and they all looked at me like I broke their concentration.

These n****s was writing out the sky and if that ain't Martian sh**, I don't know what is. I can't believe I seen that sh**, because I'm a pioneer who's been doing this sh** for years and n****s have always wrote their stuff at the studio. When I first walked in the studio, he was in the booth and he didn't have nothing in his hands and he just "Yeah. Ok we'll put that right there", and then came out the studio, but there wasn't nothing in there. If he can think all his verses up like that, that's cold blooded. Hats off to that n****.

http://www.ballerstatus.com/2011/06...bum-b-o-b-vs-odd-future-amazement-with-weezy/

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I would love to see a particularly creative and lyrical artist to "want it" with Tech.

Let's see those battle rapping verses, Tech N9ne.

You know it'll be fun.

Nov 14, 2002
Well that explains Wayne's wack lyrics and ADD verses.

I'm sorry but if I walked into a studio and the fucking guy was staring at the ceiling trying to figure out what he's going to rhyme with "Clear", I'd probably turn around, go home, and never speak of it again.

Plus Tech confirmed it pretty well without really meaning it, but Wayne obviously drops one line at a time and they cut/paste the shit together on the spot. That doesn't sound like a good rapper to me. Sorry.

I'd much rather have Tech in the studio with a direction and a piece of paper knowing what the fuck they were about to rap with you played the beat. I mean, Tech's known for killing studio time like a motherfucker and staying 12 hours a shot, not doing much... I can't imagine what would happen if he just stood in a booth all fucking high staring at the ceiling trying to thyme a simple one syllable word on the fly.

He'd still be recording Everready right now.

May 7, 2008
its never been a secret that wayne doesnt write his shit down.. u godda admire the dude a lil he records so much shit constantly all on the top of his head..than remembers the shit..hate his music but dont hate the man for all the work he does cause its crazy

Mar 7, 2004
WOW i agree with ZERO{at the same time wayne's team can make some good ass music}.and i do love some of wayne's music but i dont think of him as an artist.

i love music and i dont care who writes what. but i do like to know who's real as an artist. makes me respect them more.

Dec 14, 2005
I never understood why people brag about putting in no effort to make their music. Youre making millions just talking into a mic, atleast put in some time to make something creative and original.

I mean jesus christ.. your not even playing a goddamn instrument.. Most rappers nowadays couldn't play a rubber band on a pencil, its all about swag. No talent, no creativity, just swag, and youve made it.

Jan 11, 2007
I'm an old school cash money fan.. the hot boys and big tymers.. pre-2000.. I have been a fan of wayne since he was 14.. with that said, i'm not a huge fan of his newer stuff because it's more pop and he's been just filling in verses that have no point at times... but u gotta give a guy props who can spit such creative bars without writing them.. it's called freestyling.. and it's why everybody loved biggie and then Jay-z.. so why does everyone hate wayne for doing it?? just curious..

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
I'm an old school cash money fan.. the hot boys and big tymers.. pre-2000.. I have been a fan of wayne since he was 14.. with that said, i'm not a huge fan of his newer stuff because it's more pop and he's been just filling in verses that have no point at times... but u gotta give a guy props who can spit such creative bars without writing them.. it's called freestyling.. and it's why everybody loved biggie and then Jay-z.. so why does everyone hate wayne for doing it?? just curious..
did you not read the process? he stands there, thinks of a line, raps it, thinks of another line, raps it, and so on and so forth. that is not freestyling

Jan 11, 2007
did you not read the process? he stands there, thinks of a line, raps it, thinks of another line, raps it, and so on and so forth. that is not freestyling
I didn't read it that way.. maybe that's the way it happened then.. but I know for a fact this dude freestyles all his verses.. that's all I'm saying.. Jay-z took 8 hours to do one verse for a feature for another artist but yet people praised him for not writing it.. I'm a huge Pac fan so I love people that are writers.. I think it's more in depth.. I'm just not gonna hate on wayne even though I don't prefer his most recent music..

Nov 14, 2002
Sorry, I forgot I commented in this... So I have a bit of catching up to do.

its never been a secret that wayne doesnt write his shit down.. u godda admire the dude a lil he records so much shit constantly all on the top of his head..than remembers the shit..hate his music but dont hate the man for all the work he does cause its crazy
You're a fucking idiot. I don't remember you being so stupid.

Edit: I just realized that I've said this about you more than once... Apparently you're just a fucking idiot.

You really think it's hard to make shit up in a studio and then remember it after the lyrics are recorded? Shit... I must be a genius because I didn't even write the lyrics to AP but I could probably remember a bunch of them, live, on the spot, if you asked me.

I have been a fan of wayne since he was 14.. with that said, i'm not a huge fan of his newer stuff because it's more pop and he's been just filling in verses that have no point at times...
When "The Block is Hot" and "Bling Bling" was the shit.. it was coming up at the right time, and I think it kind of WAS the shit back then. He's not doing the same shit now, obviously.

Exactly.

I didn't read it that way.. maybe that's the way it happened then.. but I know for a fact this dude freestyles all his verses..
Well Tech just blew the doors off of that bullshit, and basically outed him as a cut and paste rapper who can't figure out his next rhyme without looking at the fucking "clouds" and asking 4 other people what rhymes.

How do you know for "fact" that he freestyles his verses?

You don't.

Even if the bullshit he comes up with was a "freestyle", he's still wack at freestyling.

I know a kid that gets drunk and eats Xanax that gets so fucked up he makes up nonsense, and I laugh harder at his metaphors than anything I hear from that kat just drinking codeine cough syrup and making up nonsense with his friends.

THE DUDE IS HARDLY TALENTED... FACE IT.

Even if he wrote the greatest verse on the planet, he'd deliver it as such that the delivery would still be some bullshit that you and your friends could rap at a fucking talent show, if you had the smallest bit of rap talent.

May 7, 2008
i think it requires skill to know every single song u have recorded when you have done as much music as wayne yes.. how can u not ?? this guys been doing it since he was 13.. he releases a new track almost daily lol and u think thats not in anyway impressive ?

Dec 14, 2005
um.. who said he remembers every song he recorded. probably doesn't even remember what he had for breakfast. he would forget his name if he didn't remind himself every other line. releasing a new, nonsensical, irrelevant verse everyday is about as hard as taking a shit every day.

Feb 11, 2006
I'm sorry but if I walked into a studio and the fucking guy was staring at the ceiling trying to figure out what he's going to rhyme with "Clear", I'd probably turn around, go home, and never speak of it again.
stfu u mongol cunt u aint even a rapper u just a fuckin groupie ass faggot