Tech N9ne Virb site vs Myspace

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 7, 2006
rmillerpacers31 said:
Get Chamillionaire on a track
that would be really good i bet. OT does anyone know why he made all his new cd's edited. his label sent my fye store an email sayin he decided to edit all his shit? guess the hiphop police came for his ass according to his new hit lol

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
There is absolutely nothing wrong with Advertisement, and actually The Net is a great place for it, arguably far better place then even Radio/TV. Though, there is a point where it just goes a little too far.

Using a logo, or graphic can be a great way to draw attention to something. But... when nearly everything is being represented by an Image, no one in particular exactly stands out and grabs your attention. Why is there a need to place a logo for BlackPlanet & Virb? What is wrong with having a small section that states "Also find Tech N9ne on:" then list links to BlackPlanet, Virb, iTunes, etc. also, when the majority of things are big & bold, it strips away the concept of it. You make something big & bold to make it stand out from everything else, grab the attention... much like the images, use it too much and it defeats the purpose.

What is the big deal about being able to have 30 songs up to listen to? Kinda like the videos, if people ain't feeling it after a handful, they'll move on. I don't see the need to throw up 30 tracks, have 5 or so up at a time. Have the current single up, rotate the others, keep things fresh.

I find it funny people are all "You should have this song up, that song up" do they go there just to listen to that song once you got it up? You would hope they actually bought the album and can listen to it whenever they want. If it's a matter of those people thinking said song would pull in more fans, then again, rotate the songs out, keeping the playlist fresh while not giving people TOO much... you want to leave them wanting more.

I will head over to the Virb for a moment. I will say that Virb is a slight improvement over the MySpace. It has a lot 'cleaner' look to it as everything is sectionalized. Though I still feel there are far too many videos.

The 4/20 announcement is still present, I also see the Update for the tour aswell, could have swore that tour is done and over with.:\ Those interviews are a little dated too, sure have a recent one up and tuck the others away on a Video Page or Announcement thing.

You know, it's whatever though. I don't go to either because I'm already a fan, I already got the albums, I already get the news (from here) so there isn't a need for me to go there. Though, I'm just saying that a cluttered looking page can be very off putting to people. If I go to a site that just has shit thrown all over the place... I'm moving on. Some may agree with me, some may not, again... it's whatever.

In closing, I'm not exactly trying to knock you or anything. I think it's great you try to promote the fuck out of Tech. I just think that both pages could stand to be re-evaluated, re-organized, and the things present re-prioritized. (Slacker is 5 years old... :\)

*Shrugs*

Jun 22, 2007
skai21 said:
Now there is a good idea. I think I will check on that one.
Lord Infamous!!! He'd be cheaper too!!

Not a big fan of Chamillionaire, but it be cool if he was on a Tech track.

Also should get a beat from 3 6 Mafia, Tech on Paul & Juicy track would be awesome.

Jan 17, 2007
skai21 said:
These are artists who are "hot" nowadays. Tech can serve most of them so why pay all that for a verse from them? Can you name one artist that is hot now that is worth that kind of money that Tech would not shred on a track?

It's not what you think, or what you want... It's what we want. Who cares if tech is better? Who's gettin more money son? thats all that matters and you need to learn that

skai21 said:
We feel that we have a pretty good grip on what we are doing over here. Travis has a great plan and we execute.
He's had this plan for how long now? Workin excellent obviously, thats why tech n9ne is a household name

skai21 said:
You all having these discussions is great because it creates dialog and that creates more buzz.
You think i sit here and say "Hmm what could i say to get a response from this guy?

Dont think your actually a somebody dude cause your not

skai21 said:
The thing I ask is that if those on here that are such die hard fans would help spread the word as I get it out, we would be able to pay 50k to have TI on a song with Tech.
Also, say you spend that money and get a verse and the label does not clear it...you just pissed away a great marketing budget huh....hmmmm
touring...well touring is how we are able to put together albums like Everready, MLK, Kabosh and the forthcoming Killer. In case you didnt notice, Tech has not been on the road in almost two months and after this tour, not again till Spring.
You ever heard the phrase "It takes money to make money"... ya...

Pissed away what? The fuck does that shit even mean? What label, yours or theirs? If its theirs you should know that shit before you pay them, and if you don't thats fucking retarded

Tech hasn't been on the road in 2 months OMG HOLY SHIT. After this tour and not again till spring huh... thats 4 months off

Weezy said it best "You old ass rappers better stay on tour"

Thats one of the dumbest things i've heard you say skai damn man you slippin on me

Jan 17, 2007
Kain said:
What is the big deal about being able to have 30 songs up to listen to? Kinda like the videos, if people ain't feeling it after a handful, they'll move on. I don't see the need to throw up 30 tracks, have 5 or so up at a time. Have the current single up, rotate the others, keep things fresh.

I find it funny people are all "You should have this song up, that song up" do they go there just to listen to that song once you got it up? You would hope they actually bought the album and can listen to it whenever they want. If it's a matter of those people thinking said song would pull in more fans, then again, rotate the songs out, keeping the playlist fresh while not giving people TOO much... you want to leave them wanting more.
Good point dude, but you cant give them to much you know

From what i've seen, people who've made it big with a single usually hide the track somewhere on their page kind of FORCING them to listen to others while searching, or something like that.

Also i agree %2,000 with the page updates... therealtechn9ne hasn't been updated since fucking 06, kuttkalhoun.com or w/e since 2004 lol... krizz kaliko's myspace looks like its from 1970... i dunno

Nov 21, 2005
www.revver.com
Someone should make Tech 9 a page on Yuwie... This is the newest social networking site.. and lots of people are on there now...

Plus the best part is that you get paid whenever.. you view pages, post comments, pics, or send messages....

The reason they can do this is because they share ad revenue with the members... just click on my sig.... Myspace gets rich off of US....but don't give nothing back...

This site is great cause you get money to do what you already do...

Plus it's another place to promote tech 9 .. and make money to promote.. Think of that.. getting paid to promote yourself lol it';s win win

Check the site out in my sig... me and my friends are already making money of it.. to so the SAME shit.. we used to do on myspace..

Jan 17, 2007
tha_psycho said:
hey stupid (sobman), hawke is doing his job by posting shit on here, myspace, virb, and every other site, even facebook..... the best way to advertise now a days is radio tv and the net... he hits the net hard advertising be more considerate u fuck.... the radio stations play what is "hot" right now which is mostly waak shit, plus most of the labels pay the stations to get played u retard..... and oh yeh tech wouldnt be at where he is today if he didnt tour as much as he does u idiot.... yes i agree maybe a lil less touring and more studio time but still, touring is how tech and strange as a whole got such a big fan base... so quit being a douche and let them do what they do... u act like u know whats going down at strange.... and its kabosh not kaboosh... sorry if u meant no harm.. i dont give a damn... and im not trying to be an ethug or gangsta or anything.. just felt like u disrespected a hardworkin man right there...
Its all jesus man imma let them do what they do its just i don't wanna be dragged into that shit. If they been trying to get on tha map since anghellic dont come here advertising your shit you know what im sayin, us here, we're pretty much tech's biggest fans you know, we already know this shit.

We dont wanna hear about tours we wanna hear about word on tha streets, feature presentation, funkra, kaboosh, killer, live & direct... we want info on that shit... the only place we are getting it from is juggalo interviews... weak

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
TheRealTechN9ne.com isn't nearly as bad as it used to be. The news has actually stayed pretty up-to-date while the older site had the news updated pretty sporadically. Though when I said keep things fresh, I meant more-so the Songs playlist. Don't just toss up 30 songs and come back 6 months later when a new single drops, you know? Mix it up every week or so with a couple new songs. Though it's not a major factor since you would hope the people are buying the albums and wouldn't need MySpace or Virb just to listen to their favorite track.

I know... get Tech to make an exclusive drop for MySpace. Kind of like Kutty did with Blik Blik Blowh, just welcome them to the page and drop a quick verse. :) *Shrugs*

Sep 7, 2004
Kain said:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with Advertisement, and actually The Net is a great place for it, arguably far better place then even Radio/TV. Though, there is a point where it just goes a little too far.

Using a logo, or graphic can be a great way to draw attention to something. But... when nearly everything is being represented by an Image, no one in particular exactly stands out and grabs your attention. Why is there a need to place a logo for BlackPlanet & Virb? What is wrong with having a small section that states "Also find Tech N9ne on:" then list links to BlackPlanet, Virb, iTunes, etc. also, when the majority of things are big & bold, it strips away the concept of it. You make something big & bold to make it stand out from everything else, grab the attention... much like the images, use it too much and it defeats the purpose.

I will head over to the Virb for a moment. I will say that Virb is a slight improvement over the MySpace. It has a lot 'cleaner' look to it as everything is sectionalized. Though I still feel there are far too many videos.

The 4/20 announcement is still present, I also see the Update for the tour aswell, could have swore that tour is done and over with.:\ Those interviews are a little dated too, sure have a recent one up and tuck the others away on a Video Page or Announcement thing.

You know, it's whatever though. I don't go to either because I'm already a fan, I already got the albums, I already get the news (from here) so there isn't a need for me to go there. Though, I'm just saying that a cluttered looking page can be very off putting to people. If I go to a site that just has shit thrown all over the place... I'm moving on. Some may agree with me, some may not, again... it's whatever.

In closing, I'm not exactly trying to knock you or anything. I think it's great you try to promote the fuck out of Tech. I just think that both pages could stand to be re-evaluated, re-organized, and the things present re-prioritized. (Slacker is 5 years old... :\)

*Shrugs*
Thanks Kain,
thats the kind of dialog I like. I will look into some of these points but there is a method to my madness. You have to look at the taret audience in a lot of this. Remember that even though you and many on here are well versed on Tech and are already fans, many on myspace, Virb, etc. are new to Tech and have no clue about Calm, Angehellic, Be Warned, Worst, and such. Most are requesting shit off the Everready and MLK albums. Therefore the reason for all those songs on Virb. We work to rotate but looking at the numbers on shit like Bout Ta Bubble for example (retired after 1.85 million plays), Riotmaker (retired after 1.31 million plays) you could NEVER get that kind of play on radio. therefore I keep it around. It is both for the newbies and for the industry big wigs that are all aoubt numbers. We may agree that it's FTI but reality is that Tech and the rest of us here at Strange, Travis included want to see a platinum record. I think you would agree that Tech deserves that. If some of these bubble gum rappers can go platinum, shouldn't Tech?
I am going to work on a few things that you brought up but also keep this in mind, I am the marketing team. We have outside entities that do publicity and marketing but in house, I am it. We have a small staff and a lot to do so we have multiple hats. Travis just gets all the cool pimp hats! LOL
So much to do and can't make all the changes fast enough to satisfy everybody. I keep grinding though.
Thanks for the input.

Sep 7, 2004
sobman said:
Its all jesus man imma let them do what they do its just i don't wanna be dragged into that shit. If they been trying to get on tha map since anghellic dont come here advertising your shit you know what im sayin, us here, we're pretty much tech's biggest fans you know, we already know this shit.

We dont wanna hear about tours we wanna hear about word on tha streets, feature presentation, funkra, kaboosh, killer, live & direct... we want info on that shit... the only place we are getting it from is juggalo interviews... weak
Lots to respond to Sob
But i'll just say this...first, sorry I aint somebody. I am who I am though adn that is good enough for most. I really dont care if I somebody to you.
Secondly, you bing up valid points and I am working to focus info for you guys on here that is a little more of what you want as far as info on features, etc.
On the subject of features etc....it is not what you want cause you are not paying for the feature or production of the album, last I checked Travis O'guin was CEO of Strange Music. It is he who makes the final call on budgetary matters in regards to how much is put into an album. My point was that if you spend 20-50k on verse from someone and their label does not clear the verse, then you have wasted a lot of money on a track that sits on the shelf...case in point, Welcome to the Midwest (Tech and Twista). Krizz rescued the track but damn.
Anyway, I got work to do. I appreciate your feedback and actually do pay attention to what most of you sensible folk have to say on here....you included at times

Sep 7, 2004
tha_psycho said:
kabosh dude kabosh not kaboosh hahaha
I got to get you in touch with that knucklehead I got out there doing flyers. Have you seen any for the Tulsa show around town? He said he has been getting them out

Aug 26, 2003
skai21 said:
Lots to respond to Sob
But i'll just say this...first, sorry I aint somebody. I am who I am though adn that is good enough for most. I really dont care if I somebody to you.
Secondly, you bing up valid points and I am working to focus info for you guys on here that is a little more of what you want as far as info on features, etc.
On the subject of features etc....it is not what you want cause you are not paying for the feature or production of the album, last I checked Travis O'guin was CEO of Strange Music. It is he who makes the final call on budgetary matters in regards to how much is put into an album. My point was that if you spend 20-50k on verse from someone and their label does not clear the verse, then you have wasted a lot of money on a track that sits on the shelf...case in point, Welcome to the Midwest (Tech and Twista). Krizz rescued the track but damn.
Anyway, I got work to do. I appreciate your feedback and actually do pay attention to what most of you sensible folk have to say on here....you included at times

Please don't tell me strange paid Twista/Atlantic 20-50k for a verse from Twista? He was my favorite rapper up until 2003-4 but his latest album is some of the worst shit I have ever heard save 4-5 songs. Theres underground dudes out here that does the rapid-fire style 10X better than Twista these days. I know his name being on the album features would've helped sell more copies of Everready. I hope he at least murdered the remix like he used to do 10 years ago

Jan 17, 2007
Checkthesig said:
Please don't tell me strange paid Twista/Atlantic 20-50k for a verse from Twista? He was my favorite rapper up until 2003-4 but his latest album is some of the worst shit I have ever heard save 4-5 songs. Theres underground dudes out here that does the rapid-fire style 10X better than Twista these days. I know his name being on the album features would've helped sell more copies of Everready. I hope he at least murdered the remix like he used to do 10 years ago
He's milkin it some would consider that a good thing right

Aug 21, 2002
Man Tech needs to either get down with T.I. or Luda... Yall dropping names of cats that aint sold 50 albums like thats going to be worth Tech's time to even drop a single with that person... I sure as heck dont know what none of those names yall talking about. Simply put, T.I. generates revenue for whatever his name is on... So Tech and T.I. would'nt be so bad. Whoever Lord Infamous is, dont nobody care who he is, aint nobody gone DL it to give it a hear unless it gets spins...

Who cares if yall dont like T.I. whats the use of trying to get a no name that only you know when its about what the people want. Its not conforming, its giving them what they want and taking it for what it is... Sure the industry sux right now with people like Soldier Boy dominating the spins and not selling no albums, but thats the way it is...

So Tech & T.I. or Ludacris and call it a day.

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
MasZive said:
Man Tech needs to either get down with T.I. or Luda... Yall dropping names of cats that aint sold 50 albums like thats going to be worth Tech's time to even drop a single with that person... I sure as heck dont know what none of those names yall talking about. Simply put, T.I. generates revenue for whatever his name is on... So Tech and T.I. would'nt be so bad. Whoever Lord Infamous is, dont nobody care who he is, aint nobody gone DL it to give it a hear unless it gets spins...

Who cares if yall dont like T.I. whats the use of trying to get a no name that only you know when its about what the people want. Its not conforming, its giving them what they want and taking it for what it is... Sure the industry sux right now with people like Soldier Boy dominating the spins and not selling no albums, but thats the way it is...

So Tech & T.I. or Ludacris and call it a day.
dass wassup...

whats the deal homie... good to see you still on this bitch