Tax return got me like...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Deezam! I'm in the wrong bidness lol
Everything that glitters ain't gold and all money ain't good money.

The shit that I have to deal with makes me want to say fuck it and be a landscaper my damn self.

Not trying to complain, its hard to understand unless you're in it. This year I'm going to come close to $150,000 but at the end of the day, I'm stressed out, burned out, mentally fatigued, and wondering how I am going to last another 35 years.

Apr 25, 2002
Constant pressure to bring in new deals..........meeting unrealistic deadlines to close deals..........juggling multiple deals all at once.........having to write a million reports when a deal is going south........having to spend time (which takes away from items #1 & #2) to restructure deals that are going south..........dealing with straight up fuck faces who think they are God because of their balance sheet.............

Some external items include knowing damn well I can't go work any other job in my area and make the amount of $ I am making and that my family and lifestyle I have built depends on me making 6 figures+. I am trapped into being a Banker my whole life cuz quite frankly, nothing pays as good. But never really enjoying any of the $ because you work 60 hours a week and am too fucking tired to do anything even when I am home. Having a distorted vision of $ because I am only 30 making 6 figures.

I can go on. But like I said, I am not trying to come off as narcissistic, or complain given what other people are going through. As I said, unless you're living it, its hard to explain.

That's why I say everything that glitters isn't gold.

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
I was an account executive at Countrywide before the market collapse in San Diego. Dudes were like 22-27 years old bringing in 15k+ per month. I was bringing in maybe 2500. I hated that damn job. Constant pressure to create new loans, even if it was no benefit to the customer. I didn't succumb to the pressure for putting customers in a bad situation financially and lost my job because I didn't create enough loans, but then the market collapsed. I can sleep at night knowing I didn't cost someone their home with a shady deal

Apr 11, 2008
WWW.PLEASEATSOMESHIT.COM
Social....you ever hear of Modanifil / Provigil?

Seen the movie Limitless?

You should look into both...thanks for the honest answer. I hate "selling" something to someone, I operate better when they come to me looking for a service/product..Been in Corporate Sales/Customer Service for 15 years and looking for something new.
Yeah sounds like you definitely feel the pressure bro....60hrs weeks will wear anyone out

But its like they say....sometimes you gotta be the most stressful to be the most successful....its worst first and greater later.

May 9, 2002
Constant pressure to bring in new deals..........meeting unrealistic deadlines to close deals..........juggling multiple deals all at once.........having to write a million reports when a deal is going south........having to spend time (which takes away from items #1 & #2) to restructure deals that are going south..........dealing with straight up fuck faces who think they are God because of their balance sheet.............

Some external items include knowing damn well I can't go work any other job in my area and make the amount of $ I am making and that my family and lifestyle I have built depends on me making 6 figures+. I am trapped into being a Banker my whole life cuz quite frankly, nothing pays as good. But never really enjoying any of the $ because you work 60 hours a week and am too fucking tired to do anything even when I am home. Having a distorted vision of $ because I am only 30 making 6 figures.

I can go on. But like I said, I am not trying to come off as narcissistic, or complain given what other people are going through. As I said, unless you're living it, its hard to explain.

And youre expecting a kid this year? Breh, you may want to rethink your life. Because what you just explained, you will never see your child. And at some point, your wife is going to resent you for it. Just sayin.

Apr 25, 2002
Well at this point the wife is just happy she doen't have to work and is very happy she can stay home to raise the child.

But I feel you.

Its funny because like 75% of senior and executive management at my Bank have been through divorces and have fucking up family situations. I'd say its more the norm than not. But I think all that shit goes on when you have people making too much money. I'd like to think that I won't ever get caught up in that garbage. I also like to think my wife and family will appreciate me doing well and climbing the ladder so that they don't ever have any wants. But there are sacrifices you have to make along the way.

Jun 24, 2005
Between fed and state, getting back a little more than $700. It's always better to come as close to breaking even as possible. Fuck the government borrowing my money for a whole year interest free.

@Social - I'm 30, and I make hella less than you and haven't really moved up in any job. I still don't know what I want for a career either. It sucks, but it also seems like it would suck to make that much in a career that you don't enjoy.

A quote that has resonated with me from You, Me and Dupree. "I don't live to work, it's more the other way around. I work to live." - Dupree on a job interview.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2004

Buck up, I'm 30 and making five figures. But I do drive a Charger lol

I'm the opposite, I'll jot down the downsides of my job and be a complainer about it. I hate this fucking job. But I live in a small community and there ain't shit else that is steady. I have really good job security, that's about the only plus side of this job. Other than that, I make five figures, work 80 hours in between pay checks, have to work on weekends, have to work on holidays, have shitty ass hours, don't get to go to my kids wrestleing practice and/or matches, his t-ball season is coming up, so I'll probably miss out on that, too. But bills gotta get paid, so fuck it. Like I said earlier in this thread, I pretty much get paid to post shit on here lol But still fuck this job.