Tax return got me like...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 17, 2002
Fa sho.

I got $14 racks back.
can someone explain to me how to get back 14 racks at tax time without having like 12 kids on my taxes and making 200k annually?
Ya getting back 14k would be tough, because you can claim as many as you want, but only i believe three kids get the child tax credit, and by the time you make 200k, your in such a high tax bracket, you will inevitably have to pay. I know for me, i pay a shit load for day care so i get about 15 cents on the dollar back for child care expenses, and paying on interest all year for student loans helps too (or interest on a home).

Btw, its hillarious how many ppl get tats during tax season. the guy i go to is like booked out 3 weeks in advance in the spring.

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
I have 2 kids and was a single father all last year on my taxes but I only get to claim 1 of the kids. If I was claiming both, I woulda hit like 3 grand easy, and I only pulled in like 38k last year I think of actual taxable income. I got back like 2700 this year though but gotta pay for an actual "wedding" and honeymoon outta pocket in May. I hope to re-coup a lot of that but we'll see

Apr 25, 2002
There really isnt any mystery.

I claimed single 1 the whole year but got married in April. My wife doesnt report any income.

I grossed $108,000. I also bought my house in 2012 so i had my closing costs, interest, and mortgage insurance to write off. I also have student loans and can write off up to $2,500 in student loan interest.

I contribute 9% to my 401-K (4.5% traditional / 4.5% roth) so that helped lower my AGI.

I also had some other non-profit contributions as a write off.

I changed it for this year and now claim married 5 because i dont want the government working off my $ anymore. Id rather owe them at the end of the year. But even at married 5, i still might get some back as I am having a child in 2013.

$ileNt_eNe_ATL

Jefe De Los Pollos
Aug 12, 2005
There really isnt any mystery.

I claimed single 1 the whole year but got married in April. My wife doesnt report any income.

I grossed $108,000. I also bought my house in 2012 so i had my closing costs, interest, and mortgage insurance to write off. I also have student loans and can write off up to $2,500 in student loan interest.

I contribute 9% to my 401-K (4.5% traditional / 4.5% roth) so that helped lower my AGI.

I also had some other non-profit contributions as a write off.

I changed it for this year and now claim married 5 because i dont want the government working off my $ anymore. Id rather owe them at the end of the year. But even at married 5, i still might get some back as I am having a child in 2013.
breh what kind of work do you? You almost made twice as much as me..