Tampa Bay Rays!!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

SLICC RICC

Encapuchado
Jan 4, 2005
THE RAYS ARE RUNNIN A MUCK RIGHT NOW!!! THEYRE I.5 GAMES BACK OF BOSTON IN THE EAST ONLY BECAUSE BOSTON HAS PLAYED 3 MORE GAMES SO FAR IN THE SEASON...

Jan 28, 2005
Florida isn't really a baseball state. The Marlins winning the championship a few years back wasn't even half-packed any of the world series games if memory serves correct.

But then again if you had the choice between a Rays game and:

Busch Gardens, Universal Studios, Disney World, the Beach, or making a road trip to Daytona/Miami... what would you choose to do on your weekend?

Aug 9, 2006
Florida isn't really a baseball state. The Marlins winning the championship a few years back wasn't even half-packed any of the world series games if memory serves correct.

But then again if you had the choice between a Rays game and:

Busch Gardens, Universal Studios, Disney World, the Beach, or making a road trip to Daytona/Miami... what would you choose to do on your weekend?
florida aint a football state ethier.....jax and the doplhins been hurt......dunno how the heat do

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Reed Johnson and Edmonds are hurt too, but that's no excuse the Rays just played better the whole series.

I think todays game was the only one where there were more Rays than Cubs fans, the first two games half the stands were a lighter shade of blue.
I'm happy I got to see Shields and Kazmir pitch at least

Aug 28, 2002
If we had Alfanso this shit wouldnt have happened

typicial cubs fan. we didnt have Carl Crawford for game 1 of the series and Carlos Pena has been out.

as for the attendence problems...Tampa Bay sports fans have proven they will support a winner. The Bucs have GREAT attendence, even the Tampa Bay Lightning draw well and thats hockey.

i think there are 2 main factors with the Rays attendence. first, they have been shitty for 10 years, it takes more than 3 months of good baseball to bring some fans back. second, the stadium is way out in st pete and in a rundown part of town with nothing else around it but projects. if they put the stadium on the water in downtown st pete it would help OR if they moved the stadium over the bay into Tampa it would really help.

either way, if the rays keep this up and get into a pennant race you will see people going to the games

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
florida aint a football state ethier.....jax and the doplhins been hurt......dunno how the heat do
tell that to u. of miami, florida, and florida state who have sold out every game over the last decade or more. im not talking 10,000 im talk triple quadruple that every home game......... the pro teams are aight, but not built with stars. you put a star on a florida team, and i bet the come out for it......

Apr 5, 2005
Yes they are the real deal. Their pitching staff improved dramatically and their young core of players will keep this team in playoff contention year in and year out.

Johnny Gomes ain't no punk either. He is built for power and is not afraid to fight.

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
RAYS ARE SOLID...I SEEN THEM PLAY AGAINST THE ANGELS A FEW WEEKS AGO AND THE FIRST GAME THEY FUCKING ROCKED THE ANGELS PITCHING...THIS TEAM IS ON A COME UP...

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Why did the Rays change colors though? Every other team in baseball has that shade of blue color it seems.

Apr 25, 2002
Florida is an outstanding state, one of the best in the US, when it comes to creating professional athletes (in baseball, basketball & football, especially baseball & football). But I understand why it doesn't have a great reputation for its ability to watch professional athletes. So Florida's kind of a strange enigma.

But the Rays, their front office has done an outstanding job over the last few years, I'm pulling for them. I think they made the right call w/ their #1 pick this year, Tim Beckham.

Aug 9, 2006
i was only talking about the lack of intrest in the sports....not how good or how bad the teams were

jax have had more blackouts then anyother team in recent history....mind you that they were in the PLAYOFFS last year....and mind you again that they have some of the CHEAPEST tickets in the entire nfl

dolphins....even when they were doing great they still have problems selling tickets...

im not to sure how the tampa bay bucs are doing according to ticket sales...

marlins.....no need for explanation

rays.....no need again