Systematic Racism in United States

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Cop chokes black man at Waffle House after taking his sister to prom – VICE News

Bernice King calls for Waffle House boycott

"Family, let’s stay out of W @Waffle House until the corporate office legitimately and seriously commits to 1) discussion on racism, 2) employee training, and 3) other plans to change; and until they start to implement changes. "

Why are people still going to Waffle House anyway is my question.....

Last edited:
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Muslim Teen Poets Invited to Elks Club — Which Called the Cops | Off Message

Muslim Teen Poets Invited to Elks Club — Which Called the Cops

"This kind of stuff happens all the time and we're sick of it," member Kiran Waqar told Seven Days on Monday.

"Being a woman of color, I'm going to be getting all these experiences," said another one of the poets, Balkisa Omar.

The high schoolers were invited to a banquet hosted by the Women of UVM social group at the Elks Lodge on North Avenue last Wednesday. The quartet agreed to arrive early to help Omar with a school project. Since the event was scheduled to start at 6 p.m., the teenagers gathered at the back of the building, away from traffic, to do some audio recording.

"We were just talking a little bit, giggling ... average volume of four teenage girls," said Waqar. They were excited about their upcoming July trip to Minnesota, where they will join Michelle Obama and Colin Kaepernick in receiving awards from the National Education Association for their work in promoting human and civil rights.

At some point, a man later identified as lodge secretary Moe Decelles knocked on a window to get their attention, the young women recounted. A couple of minutes later, Decelles approached them and said, "I called the police on you. They're coming right now and I told them you're doing drugs," Waqar recalled.

Jul 9, 2007
You sure?

Or is it, black people are just convicted more often? The only way you'll have stats on crimes committed is based on convictions and sentencing.

The amount of white people I personally know who committed crimes and were given slaps on the wrists or got all charges dropped instead of jail/prison sentences is pretty crazy.
Yeah I am sure. Yeah keep thinking black people are convicted more because that is all you see. I am a straight white male that has had my ribs broke by cops has been tossed aside by pigs. They don't give a fuck if you are white or black if you are from a lower class area you are fucked. Black or white ain't shit it is class that they try to hold down. I have never got a slap on the wrist. Money gets you that not skin color. I got a month in jail for a drunk in public. I am white I should have been free the next day right?

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Yeah I am sure. Yeah keep thinking black people are convicted more because that is all you see. I am a straight white male that has had my ribs broke by cops has been tossed aside by pigs. They don't give a fuck if you are white or black if you are from a lower class area you are fucked. Black or white ain't shit it is class that they try to hold down. I have never got a slap on the wrist. Money gets you that not skin color. I got a month in jail for a drunk in public. I am white I should have been free the next day right?
Huh? Because you personally got arrested and convicted as a white man, that means the statistics that black people are convicted more for similar crimes are lies? lol ok

Jul 9, 2007
The system is built on keeping poor people down. Yes most lower class people are black but that doesn't change the fact that the upper class want to shit on the lower class regardless of your skin tone.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
The same shit happens to white people that are poor but everyone makes it a race thing.
Like all white people are rich. It ain't a race thing it is a class thing.
You have 916 in your name, so here's your town

Sacramento County's population is 47.9% white, 21.2% hispanic, 10.1% black

I'm 100% sure poor white people in Sac are committing crimes bruh, especially considering the tweaker population up there. Yet they're not catching the same type of jail/prison time.