Sydal - "Fuck Rap"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

LISICKI

rosecityplaya
Dec 9, 2005
Yup! This guy was famous but I doubt he made any money off his fame

jus seen him on tosh.o the other day gettin paid, guaranteed he got all expenses paid airfare to LA food and lodging rental car for him and his dad, then on top 5 to 10 racks for the segments they filmed

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
Wait are you serious about Nelly only making those figures of Country Grammar? Where is that info from?
Yes. I forget the source, but I heard about it AND read it like 5 years ago. But back then artists were getting paper for performing and other shit.

Now you have 360 deals, which is the label trying to get a cut of EVERYTHING. If you release merchandise, the label wants a cut. Appear in a movie? Label wants a cut. Perform? Label wants a cut. If an artist is only selling 50-100,000 copies out the gate, not getting your performance money and royalties hurts the artist like a mf.

Apr 25, 2002
And if this deal that fell through truly can't be discussed because a lawyer is batting for you, shouldn't a be a manager batting for you?

If your still scouting & this really happened, this shouldn't even be brought up anywhere period.
Have you ever had a meeting regarding intellectual property? You can have whoever you want representing you. Would I choose a manager who has an interest in what I do? Or would I go with an entertainment lawyer who knows how to help me retain control of my intellectual property and knows the ins and outs of the business? I'll go with B every time.

In reality, you could send your next door neighbor to represent you if you want. That doesn't mean it's a good fuckin' idea.

And I didn't bring it up...I simply mentioned why I wrote the song. I still haven't stated numbers, percentages, parties involved, dates of meetings, or any of that shit...so I'm good.

But just like every time I post something, you want to sidebust and try to make me look stupid....not sure why. Listen to the song and give feedback. If you don't want to, then don't. But don't try to call me out on some business that you apparently don't know a whole lot about. I have the paperwork on my desk right now...in front of my face.

At the end of it all, I gain nothing by saying, "Hey, I didn't get a record deal...but we're still trying to make it work."

May 16, 2002
Damn, the first thing that came to my mind after reading this was this dude is a snitch or will be one if some real shit went down. but that is just me. Quit hating already....
LMAO!!!!!! Snitch, hating HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Deciding on a making a good move for oneself & his / her family is snitching? Really? Since when?

Like I said before, I know, I know this whole street shit, I grew up like this and I remain solid, I stay loyal yada yada yada...

Please fuckin' save it!

Some peoples lives don't revolve around street cred. Grown men, they're life revolves around family first. And not everything we decide on in life involve Homies or the street. That's like the Homies on the block telling you, "Quit your job & slang dope fool. Stay real!"

This music business and the street shit don't mix. We're talking apples and oranges.

The music business is like your 9 to 5, please remember that. Your not there to make friends. Your there to do the best at what you can do. Your there to make money, period point blank.

Apr 25, 2002
LMAO!!!!!! Snitch, hating HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Deciding on a making a good move for oneself & his / her family is snitching? Really? Since when?

Like I said before, I know, I know this whole street shit, I grew up like this and I remain solid, I stay loyal yada yada yada...

Please fuckin' save it!

Some peoples lives don't revolve around street cred. Grown men, they're life revolves around family first. And not everything we decide on in life involve Homies or the street. That's like the Homies on the block telling you, "Quit your job & slang dope fool. Stay real!"

This music business and the street shit don't mix. We're talking apples and oranges.

The music business is like your 9 to 5, please remember that. Your not there to make friends. Your there to do the best at what you do to. Your there to make money, period point blank.
Who ever said anything about staying loyal to homies and/or the streets over family besides you? Just curious.

You're acting like I said, "Fuck that deal shit, I gotta keep it reeeeaaaal." When in reality I said, "Fuck that, my 9-5 gives me more security and GUARANTEES the roof over my family's head and food in their stomachs."

May 16, 2002
But just like every time I post something, you want to sidebust and try to make me look stupid....not sure why. Listen to the song and give feedback. If you don't want to, then don't. But don't try to call me out on some business that you apparently don't know a whole lot about. I have the paperwork on my desk right now...in front of my face.

At the end of it all, I gain nothing by saying, "Hey, I didn't get a record deal...but we're still trying to make it work."
LOL! You already know it's not personal, right?

Look at it this way, had it not been for me, your thread would of died at page one. I think people in here look too deep into things.

I just tend to play devil's advocate in a lot of your threads that's all. On a very serious note, it's sad to see people in 2011 still living in 2003.

From the INTRO I been real SINCE BIRTH. It's ALL OR NOTHIN' when it comes to WEST COAST LOVE. REGARDLESS of a record deal I enjoy a CALI SUMMER and keep spitting that GAME THEORY. And I don't need to GET HIGH to be real. The real will stand behind you WHEN YOU MASH and that's FREAL. CAN YOU HANDLE A FREAK? Sometimes that's the best remedy to STOP THE PAIN, but I will always remain SICKER THAN SICK.

See what I did there? :cheeky:

Apr 25, 2002
From the INTRO I been real SINCE BIRTH. It's ALL OR NOTHIN' when it comes to WEST COAST LOVE. REGARDLESS of a record deal I enjoy a CALI SUMMER and keep spitting that GAME THEORY. And I don't need to GET HIGH to be real. The real will stand behind you WHEN YOU MASH and that's FREAL. CAN YOU HANDLE A FREAK? Sometimes that's the best remedy to STOP THE PAIN, but I will always remain SICKER THAN SICK.

See what I did there? :cheeky:
LMAO! Woooooow. Now there's some shit I haven't heard in a hot minute.

May 16, 2002
I have 2 copies of that album left...but I don't want to open 'em. The last time I listened to it I was like, "Fuck this record." lol.

Since Birth is still my shit though...only song on that album I really dig after all these years.
I still bump it from time to time and yeah, track #2 is the best on it. Yet, I never judge nobody off old material due to a lot of artist improve with time. At least I hope they do LOL!

I can say you have improved, Breh.

Apr 25, 2002
I still bump it from time to time and yeah, track #2 is the best on it. Yet, I never judge nobody off old material due to a lot of artist improve with time. At least I hope they do LOL!

I can say you have improved, Breh.
Well hopefully I'm still improving. I have probably 100 new songs recorded and written...and I like maybe 2 handfuls.

I have 6 binders of songs written that I will never record...probably 400-500 tracks.

Dec 2, 2006

It sounds real good but how can we tell? I didn't say you were a snitch, lets make that clear. In certain situations, that could be the case. You can figure that one out.

Please fuckin' save it!

LOL at trying to school me on the streets and life. Save your breath for your kids.

The music business is like your 9 to 5, please remember that. Your not there to make friends. Your there to do the best at what you can do. Your there to make money, period point blank.
Who said it isn't about money? Who said anyone is trying to make friends? If I am not mistaken, it is you who takes pictures with your favorite rappers. Nothing groupie like about my get down folks, real talk.

Your explanation of playing the devil's advocate is simply you being a hater any way you cut it Sorry if I call it how I see it, nothing personal.

It isnt hard to fathom an intelligent person like Sydal sitting down with an AR rep for a label. It may be disturbing for someone like you though, I don't know.

Dec 2, 2006
Who ever said anything about staying loyal to homies and/or the streets over family besides you? Just curious.

You're acting like I said, "Fuck that deal shit, I gotta keep it reeeeaaaal." When in reality I said, "Fuck that, my 9-5 gives me more security and GUARANTEES the roof over my family's head and food in their stomachs."
It isn't hard to see you have a good head on your shoulders and understand business, something 99% of rappers don't. On top of that, you are keeping it real which I can appreciate more, another thing 99% of rappers don't do. If you don't got it and I can't say that you do or don't becuase I haven't listened to your music, you can definately help someone that does but you already recognize that. Good luck.

Apr 25, 2002
It isn't hard to see you have a good head on your shoulders and understand business, something 99% of rappers don't. On top of that, you are keeping it real which I can appreciate more, another thing 99% of rappers don't do. If you don't got it and I can't say that you do or don't becuase I haven't listened to your music, you can definately help someone that does but you already recognize that. Good luck.
I appreciate it fam.

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
SEEMS LIKE GEMINI GOT THE IMPRESSION. SYDAL WAS MORE OR LESS SAYING
"FUCK RAP"

AFTER READING THE WHOLE DEBATE I GOT CLARIFICATION, BUT WHEN THE THREAD WAS ONLY ONE PAGE. MY FIRST IMPRESSION WAS SYDALS RAP CAREER WASNT EXACTLY PANNING OUT THE WAY HE WOULD PREFER.
BECAUSE OF HOW THE INFO WAS PRESENTED... BUT I GET IT...

THAT TRACK IS SOLID...DO WHAT YOU DO MAN AND BEST OF LUCK

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
BTW NOT TRYING TO HIJACK THE THREAD BUT INSTEAD OF MAKING A NEW THREAD...
CAN ANY OF YOU GENTLEMEN IN THE INDUSTRY. TELL ME HOW RELEVANT HAVING A BAR CODE ON YOUR CD'S STILL IS?