Strange Noize 2 is a terrible idea

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 28, 2005
Tech's interviews, especially as of late, have often mentioned how his main goal is to spread his music worldwide, including all types of people and cultures. While it's a very lofty goal, I do believe he has the talent and drive to do this. However, with that in mind, I cannot understand why he would want to do a Strange Noize Tour again.

How is he gaining new fans this way? This tour appeals only to current loyal Tech N9ne fans, stoners, and Juggalos. This is not a dig at Juggalos, but the fact is that casual rap fans will have absolutely zero interest in going to a concert where acts like KMK are advertised right alongside Tech N9ne. In fact, there are a lot of very loyal Tech fans I know who did not go to Strange Noize tour last time because of that. I am not saying he needs to tour with some huge name that's really not realistic for him to be able to work out a tour with, but I would really like to see him do something that at least attempts to reach a new audience in some way. After all, this is his goal according to him, right?

Yang

Sicc OG
May 2, 2004
Tech has also said that touring is what allows Strange Music to eat, and apparently touring with KMK sells tickets.

As far as new audiences; he just toured with Paul Wall and Ill Bill, both of whom have their own fanbases that traditionally are not the same as Tech's. Now I don't have a clue what "type" of people went to those shows but diversifiying the crowd was clearly the idea.

Nov 5, 2006
well I was at the springfield show on may 17th and it seemed like the crowd was comprised of 99% tech n9ne fans, paul wall didnt seem to get a lot of love that night which is funny because he was the only one there with a huge tour bus with his name and face plastered on the side of it.

Aug 16, 2003
Tech's interviews, especially as of late, have often mentioned how his main goal is to spread his music worldwide, including all types of people and cultures. While it's a very lofty goal, I do believe he has the talent and drive to do this. However, with that in mind, I cannot understand why he would want to do a Strange Noize Tour again.

How is he gaining new fans this way? This tour appeals only to current loyal Tech N9ne fans, stoners, and Juggalos. This is not a dig at Juggalos, but the fact is that casual rap fans will have absolutely zero interest in going to a concert where acts like KMK are advertised right alongside Tech N9ne. In fact, there are a lot of very loyal Tech fans I know who did not go to Strange Noize tour last time because of that. I am not saying he needs to tour with some huge name that's really not realistic for him to be able to work out a tour with, but I would really like to see him do something that at least attempts to reach a new audience in some way. After all, this is his goal according to him, right?
I think that Tech needs to do this show. I know what your saying about Techs fans not wanting to to a KMK show and what not...but what about the KMK fans that didnt go because they didnt who Tech was. Now the ones that did go to the show could have been like "man this dude came on the show that was killin!! next time he rolls w/ KMK Im going!!!" That IS expanding his fan base. Tour not gonna touch everyone in a market on your 1st or 2nd run in that area. Tech still has some problems getting into bigger venues in KC let alone NY or Cali...where a group like KMK or even (blah) ICP can do that shit. Tech and Travis see that shit and thats why they'll do it. Now thats not saying there wont be a follow up tour after that for Killer or hopefully a Strange only tour but I guess well see..

Now I gotta run and wash my keyboard off for saying tech and ICP on tour lol

Holla

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
Tech's been on tour with ICP and Bone Thugs and KMK at the same time.
ONLY TIME I've seen him in Atlanta.
The Wicked Wonka Tour... that was an awesome show, but ICP needs to take it easy with that faygo... stupid fucks, what's the point in gettin' everyone all sticky like that?

HED PE brings in a wide variety of people... and they had a killer pit at the MN show on the last Strange Noize tour... yer on the HED board too huh Kirby? I'm pretty sure I've seen ya around...

Aug 31, 2005
KMK comes thru Kentucky and Indiana pretty regularly...which hopefully means ill catch another tech show...maybe remember my stuff to get signed this time

Feb 9, 2006
Id have to say I agree with ya hood. Ok, will he gain some new KMK fans out of this? Yes. But are those the fans that are gonna boost his status into the mainstream genre? HELL NO.... I get what ur all sayin because I will not disagree to the fact that KMK puts asses in the seats and helps sell shows, ok fine and if all Tech is touring for is to put food on the table for his family than he has no problems.

But thats not why he is touring, thats a big reason, but the biggest as he states is to get this shit to everyone. And touring with KMK is NOT gonna get this to everyone. He needs nation wide recognition and to get that he needs someone who is recognized nation wide in a large way. (Ice Cube, E-40 ect.) And until he does that, he will not gain the fanbase he needs to push him over that wall into mainstream. The sad part about it is, is that the really big names dont put on a show ANYTHING near the level of a Tech N9ne show. Which is why I think noone big will fuck with him. I mean if you watch videos of big name artists in concert, its fuckin sad, you look at it and are like, R U FUCKIN SERIOUS? People would actually pay to see this shit? I was watchin this rap raw real and uncut show on HBO the other day and it showed a clip of a Slim Thug concert, I couldnt believe what I was watching, sooooo fuckin pathetic it made me wanna puke...

Anywayz Im just rambling on and gettin off topic, anywayz, like I said I dont agree with this decision either, but its whatever. Iv already accepted to myself a while ago that Tech will never go mainstream, cuz he wont. Sorry people but its just not gonna happen. He doesnt wanna play the game, and unfortunatly you HAVE to play the game in this world to make it. Im gonna go 2 the show and have a great fuckin time regaurdless and just enjoy seeing my fav rapper do what he does best. Fuck whether this makes him more popular or not.

Dec 27, 2005
The Wicked Wonka Tour... that was an awesome show, but ICP needs to take it easy with that faygo... stupid fucks, what's the point in gettin' everyone all sticky like that?

HED PE brings in a wide variety of people... and they had a killer pit at the MN show on the last Strange Noize tour... yer on the HED board too huh Kirby? I'm pretty sure I've seen ya around...

The point is than the Juggahoes don't smell like ass....instead they smell like rootbeer and ass

Aug 25, 2007
I am SO goddamn sick of Tech touring with shitty artists like KMK. The Fire & Ice tour was most definitely a big step in the right direction, but a Strange Noize 2 would be and even bigger step back.

Sep 16, 2006
Yeah highly profitable tours where Tech can make money off $180 VIP tickets being sold are a bad idea. :cheeky:

Also Paul Wall sucks and didn't expose Tech to that many more people. People came to the show for Tech, not Paul Wall.

I know tons of people who became much bigger Tech fans after Strange Noize that weren't before. Also ICP die hards are great fans to have, they are merch-a-holics.

May 7, 2008
no sane or HipHop/Rap fan would ever see kmk live...there a fukin joke and SM needs to distant themselves from that scum as much as possible unless he plans to sign to PSY/SN

Feb 28, 2008
no sane or HipHop/Rap fan would ever see kmk live...there a fukin joke and SM needs to distant themselves from that scum as much as possible unless he plans to sign to PSY/SN
Man, stfu. You may not like KMK, but a hell of a lot of people do. It's not your taste in music, cool. But every time some one mention "kmk" you dont need to go off in your little gay ass rants.

Anyways, Strange noize tour is dope, nuff said. If you guys weren't so stupid maybe you would see he's doing it for the fans and not the exposure.

Jan 28, 2005
I am SO goddamn sick of Tech touring with shitty artists like KMK. The Fire & Ice tour was most definitely a big step in the right direction, but a Strange Noize 2 would be and even bigger step back.
Completely agree. I see everyone's point about the KMK/ICP crowd being great fans to have, and I agree, they really are. They go to shows, they buy merchandise, and they are very loyal. Nothing against them. I'm just saying, I don't understand why N9ne continues to go back to that. If he really does want to expand and bring his thoughts and music to everyone, then he needs to distance himself a bit from a fan base which more or less alienates everyone else. Casual rap fans as a whole cannot stand the Juggalo crowd, and continuing to fall back on this fan base and acts like KMK will only push Tech farther away from his stated dreams. My post was not meant to say he should ignore that crowd or that the KMK, hed pe, etc fans were not worthwhile. It's just not helping him any at this point. He is big enough now... so do something different!

I love that Tech refuses to play the mainstream game, and stays true to himself. I respect him so much for that. But if he really wants to get his music worldwide and more popular, he needs to do something a hell of a lot more inspiring than yet ANOTHER tour with KMK and hed pe and others of that ilk.

BEAR

Sicc OG
Dec 15, 2007
The thing is, I'm pretty sure Tech likes KMK. He's gonna tour with whoever the hell he wants. I'm pretty sure that Strange Music's expansion will be on their terms only. It doesn't seem like he'll bite his tongue, or watch who he does what with.

I don't think Ying Yang Twin's fans will stop listening to them because they went to the Gathering of the Juggalos. Bone Thugs fans don't seem to be bothered with the terrible track they did with ICP and KMK.

People that are close minded will stay that way.