Strange Noize 2 is a terrible idea

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 2, 2007
Stfu this is message board, a forum where we DISCUSS stuff about our favorite artists so guess what were having a discussion here is that to much for you idiots to handle?

CyrusTheVirus

thats just my ghost
Oct 31, 2002
legendary
I though the fire and ice tour was a great move.
^^^ Well said. I definitely agree with that. Everyone involved was able to benefit through this venture.

I didn't get to see the strange noize tour so who knows if a second round is a good idea. If it was profitable and helped grow the fan base then fuck it right?

Fire & Ice was great exposure for every party involved. Hopefully the next tour will reach even more people.

I saw in the pitch where the hot 103.3 concert at Sandstone listed T.I., Tech N9ne, & Lil Zoe. However if you hit up the 103.3 website and look on the calendar, no mention of this Big Summer Jam event. It does exist though, ticketmaster has it http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/060040B5DE167A9D?artistid=966058&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=3

How many tours have there been already? I lost count for real. It will be interesting to see what the strange team comes up with for the next tour.

The thing about Fire & Ice was it reached out beyond the existing fan base and infected untapped markets. Strange Noize 2 would definitely draw a crowd but reaching out and adding to the existing fan base would be ideal.

Tech & the crew are talented enough to hop on some shit like the family values tour similar to the way Ice Cube did it back in the day. If not that route something like rock the bells http://www.guerillaunion.com/rockthebells/
It ain't like they don't have the talent. The live performance put on by all the strange family is always on point. Tech, Kutt, Krizz, Snug, Skat, all of em.

Every tech show I've seen was greatness. Even if people are blocking your view of the stage half the show, the energy is unreal. I'm ready to see the VH1 behind the music "Tech N9ne" episode showing the path to stardom. I wanna hear about when I can expect to pickup a bottle of caribou lou at the local liquor store. I also want to see the way the Industry flip-flops and jumps at the chance to get just a few minutes of a strangers time. (UPS & DOWNS).

I've rambled off to senselessness now but for real. If strange noize 2 is a terrible idea, what would be a great idea? A great start would be to click on the link and buy the fucking album.... help out and quit bullshitting.

http://store.strangemusicinc.com/mm...SMTNS&Product_Code=KILLER08&Category_Code=CDS

Jul 1, 2004
I don't know. Why the fuck did you put Tech N9ne's face on the side of some knock-off Air Force Lo's?
HHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

On the real though. I had some Paul Wall fans actually askin me...is this tek 9 dude really cool or what? I jus said turn ya ass around and watch the show. They was hella impressed. Instant 2 more fans. Couple of my black friends wouldnt go to a show of techs for anything. then the fire and ice tour...boom loved it, went and bought albums. instant 3 or more fans...

Aug 16, 2003
^^^ Well said. I definitely agree with that. Everyone involved was able to benefit through this venture.

I didn't get to see the strange noize tour so who knows if a second round is a good idea. If it was profitable and helped grow the fan base then fuck it right?

Fire & Ice was great exposure for every party involved. Hopefully the next tour will reach even more people.

I saw in the pitch where the hot 103.3 concert at Sandstone listed T.I., Tech N9ne, & Lil Zoe. However if you hit up the 103.3 website and look on the calendar, no mention of this Big Summer Jam event. It does exist though, ticketmaster has it http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/060040B5DE167A9D?artistid=966058&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=3

How many tours have there been already? I lost count for real. It will be interesting to see what the strange team comes up with for the next tour.

The thing about Fire & Ice was it reached out beyond the existing fan base and infected untapped markets. Strange Noize 2 would definitely draw a crowd but reaching out and adding to the existing fan base would be ideal.

Tech & the crew are talented enough to hop on some shit like the family values tour similar to the way Ice Cube did it back in the day. If not that route something like rock the bells http://www.guerillaunion.com/rockthebells/
It ain't like they don't have the talent. The live performance put on by all the strange family is always on point. Tech, Kutt, Krizz, Snug, Skat, all of em.

Every tech show I've seen was greatness. Even if people are blocking your view of the stage half the show, the energy is unreal. I'm ready to see the VH1 behind the music "Tech N9ne" episode showing the path to stardom. I wanna hear about when I can expect to pickup a bottle of caribou lou at the local liquor store. I also want to see the way the Industry flip-flops and jumps at the chance to get just a few minutes of a strangers time. (UPS & DOWNS).

I've rambled off to senselessness now but for real. If strange noize 2 is a terrible idea, what would be a great idea? A great start would be to click on the link and buy the fucking album.... help out and quit bullshitting.

http://store.strangemusicinc.com/mm...SMTNS&Product_Code=KILLER08&Category_Code=CDS

Its not ramblin if its the TRUTH...

Strange has been doing there thing for years and so far all the moves they make just keep making them bigger and better. The only thing that slowed them down (according to the rmiller interview w/ skatt and snugg) was a crappy distro deal which seems to be fixed now and looks to just bring Tech closer and closer to his goal.

I cant wait for the day when all my friens and shit that was sleeping on this great music will come up to me and ask if I listend to this "new" rapper named Tech n9ne....I'll just laugh my ass off and show them my hundreds of tech songs and collabs on my computer...I dont think that day is that far off:siccness::siccness:

Aug 16, 2003
HHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

On the real though. I had some Paul Wall fans actually askin me...is this tek 9 dude really cool or what? I jus said turn ya ass around and watch the show. They was hella impressed. Instant 2 more fans. Couple of my black friends wouldnt go to a show of techs for anything. then the fire and ice tour...boom loved it, went and bought albums. instant 3 or more fans...

Thats cool man. That just shows that once Tech gets the right exposure that m/f will start to appreciate that shit. Im taking some Tech virgnins to the show with T.I in Kansas. There going for T.I but hopefully by the end of the night theyll be Tech Fans lol

Mar 3, 2003
www.facebook.com
Strange Music 2 doesn't have to be the same ol same ol. Yea it will include Tech, (hed) pe and KMK, but who's to say they won't add any other more "well known" rap acts that can draw on their own? Perhaps get a slightly bigger headliner to close out the shows? I understand totally about progressing, not wanting to take steps back. But until we hear whom the other two acts are, we don't know what's good.

...though I wouldn't be surprised if Prozak's on there.

and thank you! I'm not the only one who think Tech would blow the roof off Rock The Bells if he was on some of those dates!

May 31, 2007
Strange Music 2 doesn't have to be the same ol same ol. Yea it will include Tech, (hed) pe and KMK, but who's to say they won't add any other more "well known" rap acts that can draw on their own? Perhaps get a slightly bigger headliner to close out the shows? I understand totally about progressing, not wanting to take steps back. But until we hear whom the other two acts are, we don't know what's good.

...though I wouldn't be surprised if Prozak's on there.

and thank you! I'm not the only one who think Tech would blow the roof off Rock The Bells if he was on some of those dates!
there not gonna do that for Strange Noize... ONe of the big points of the tour well basically the main point is to promote the underground thats why they included Sub Noize, Strange Music and Psycopathic artists... 3 of the BIggest underground labels... FTI was the big point of the tour... its a KMK and TECH N9NE tour... they wouildnt have someone else close out the Strange Noize... The only time i can see this happning is when the Kannibus Kartel comes out.. Then it might be a tad bigger cuz then Itll be Hed P.E., Tech and The Kannibus Kartel (Potluck, Kottonmouth Kings, Cypress Hill)

Mar 12, 2006
Id have to say I agree with ya hood. Ok, will he gain some new KMK fans out of this? Yes. But are those the fans that are gonna boost his status into the mainstream genre? HELL NO.... I get what ur all sayin because I will not disagree to the fact that KMK puts asses in the seats and helps sell shows, ok fine and if all Tech is touring for is to put food on the table for his family than he has no problems.

But thats not why he is touring, thats a big reason, but the biggest as he states is to get this shit to everyone. And touring with KMK is NOT gonna get this to everyone. He needs nation wide recognition and to get that he needs someone who is recognized nation wide in a large way. (Ice Cube, E-40 ect.) And until he does that, he will not gain the fanbase he needs to push him over that wall into mainstream. The sad part about it is, is that the really big names dont put on a show ANYTHING near the level of a Tech N9ne show. Which is why I think noone big will fuck with him. I mean if you watch videos of big name artists in concert, its fuckin sad, you look at it and are like, R U FUCKIN SERIOUS? People would actually pay to see this shit? I was watchin this rap raw real and uncut show on HBO the other day and it showed a clip of a Slim Thug concert, I couldnt believe what I was watching, sooooo fuckin pathetic it made me wanna puke...

Anywayz Im just rambling on and gettin off topic, anywayz, like I said I dont agree with this decision either, but its whatever. Iv already accepted to myself a while ago that Tech will never go mainstream, cuz he wont. Sorry people but its just not gonna happen. He doesnt wanna play the game, and unfortunatly you HAVE to play the game in this world to make it. Im gonna go 2 the show and have a great fuckin time regaurdless and just enjoy seeing my fav rapper do what he does best. Fuck whether this makes him more popular or not.
id have to agree

Sep 17, 2003
It's comical that it took a white rapper to make some new fans for Tech N9ne. That's some wild shit, AJ. :confused:

One of the best Paul Wall verses I've ever heard was off the track "From the South," which was on Z-RO's "Let the Truth Be Told" album.

Mar 3, 2003
www.facebook.com
there not gonna do that for Strange Noize... ONe of the big points of the tour well basically the main point is to promote the underground thats why they included Sub Noize, Strange Music and Psycopathic artists... 3 of the BIggest underground labels... FTI was the big point of the tour... its a KMK and TECH N9NE tour... they wouildnt have someone else close out the Strange Noize... The only time i can see this happning is when the Kannibus Kartel comes out.. Then it might be a tad bigger cuz then Itll be Hed P.E., Tech and The Kannibus Kartel (Potluck, Kottonmouth Kings, Cypress Hill)
That wasn't originally the case for Strange Noize 2, considering some of the names I was told being considered for the tour. And if that Kannibus Kartel thing was actually ready, then it would've been really cool to see Cyrpress Hill (as headliner) and Potluck added to SN2.

Y'all were talking about DFG...according to the merch dude we talked to at the Mokena, IL (hed) show, those dudes got kicked off the (hed)pe/Kingspace tour (while it was still going) because nobody liked them haha.

Feb 19, 2008
www.myspace.com
why does everyone get so into what strange music's business decisions are just because you bought some cd's doesn't make you a shareholder
Probly because we do like to hear there opinions.to gain more perspective on things . like tech says the fans make us. So therefore we must pay attention to what they feel and think weather we agree or not. It betters us as a company and as people w/ something in common. LOVE OF REAL MUSIC!!!