Steelers at Patriots...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

P-Kay

Sicc OG
Jun 26, 2002
So I guess someone had to start this thread...

Honestly.. this game means nothing. It would just be good to see someone beat the Pats, and if anyone can do it.. it's the Steelers. I am diehard Steelers, but honestly.. i'd almost rather lose this game if it meant us seeing them in the playoffs and THEN beating them. Damn, do i wish this game was in Pittsburgh.. because obviously we don't play as well on the road. BUT either way.. DO expect this to be the Patriots' toughest game yet.

Soooo.. i'm ready for the Steelers bashing / Pats praising. I would like to hear some honest thoughts though..

bring it on.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I really think Pittsburgh can beat them. Philly and Baltimore came as close as they did because of their defense... the Steelers can blitz the hell out of the Pats all day and get to Brady

I'm hella pulling for the Steelers, besides the Raiders they might be my favorite team in the league

go Steelers!

Sep 26, 2005
ravens D is much better than the stealer D
true the ravens d is much faster and aggressive

from nfl.com

At stake
The Steelers aren't concerned about history, but rather getting a first-round bye in the playoffs. The Steelers trail the Colts by one game for the No. 2 playoff seed and a bye in the AFC. The Patriots, who have clinched the AFC East, can clinch a first-round bye with a win and can claim homefield advantage in the AFC with a win and a Colts' loss.

Key matchup
Steelers RB Willie Parker vs. Patriots run defense. The Patriots are vulnerable against the run, but they have been able to mask this problem by taking early leads on teams and forcing opponents to throw. Ravens running back Willis McGahee rushed for 138 yards on Monday night, keeping Baltimore in the game by contrlling the clock. The Steelers rank third in the NFL in rushing and will likely run the ball to keep the Patriots offense off of the field. Expect to see a lot of Parker, who leads the AFC with 1,093 rushing yards.

Did you know?
The Patriots rank first in average points scored (39.1), total yards (425.3), and passing yards (304.0), while the Steelers rank first in points allowed (12.9), total yards allowed (230.8), and passing yards allowed (154.0).

sounds like they will be runnin the ball a lot in this game, ward and davenport injured though

Jun 9, 2007
the Ravens D is slightly more rounded overall than the Steelers, but there's not this huge gap some make it out to be.

I think Mike Tomlin will manage to conjure up some schemes to fuck Brady up for a while just like the Ravens did. It's all going to come down to whether or not they get a good amount of offense with no major mistakes.

MzCiN

Sicc OG
Apr 13, 2007
Stealers wont beat shit
u say that like pittsburgh a shitty ass fuckin team. :ermm:

pittsburghs a good team and i dont think the pats are as tough as it seems , the eagles and ravens came close even if they werent a great team. i agree with wut was said about the ravens d bein better than pitt. ravens are fast and agressive somethin i think the steelers are lackin. but anyways pittsburghs a good team but our lack of dicipline and the mistakes we often make have cost us 3 games. ( which isnt bad ) but im not gonna sit here and make excuses for my team u know lol. we make mistakes with teams that shouldnt of even been a challange to us. like the jets for example, but i dont think its impossible for pitt to beat the pats. if we step it up ditch the flags and try to avoid mistakes as much as possible. it would be close but i think pitt could take it. now is pitt gonna step it up, is tomlin gonna dicipline them, and will parker stop fumbling the ball who knows .

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
u say that like pittsburgh a shitty ass fuckin team. :ermm:

pittsburghs a good team and i dont think the pats are as tough as it seems , the eagles and ravens came close even if they werent a great team. i agree with wut was said about the ravens d bein better than pitt. ravens are fast and agressive somethin i think the steelers are lackin. but anyways pittsburghs a good team but our lack of dicipline and the mistakes we often make have cost us 3 games. ( which isnt bad ) but im not gonna sit here and make excuses for my team u know lol. we make mistakes with teams that shouldnt of even been a challange to us. like the jets for example, but i dont think its impossible for pitt to beat the pats. if we step it up ditch the flags and try to avoid mistakes as possible. it would be close but i think pitt could take it. now is pitt gonna step it up, is tomlin gonna dicipline them, and will parker stop fumbling the ball who knows .
No, I say it like that because the patriots are an all around better team, and they are firing on all cylinders....

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Anotha week and more dreamin!! lol!! I wonder what the excuses will be after this week!! Refs cheatin, conspiracy theory?? haha Anotha Pats win!! Got Em!!!

MzCiN

Sicc OG
Apr 13, 2007
No, I say it like that because the patriots are an all around better team, and they are firing on all cylinders....
that is true, but that doesnt make it impossible for pitt to beat em. it COULD happen not sayin its goin to but the slight chance is there.

MzCiN

Sicc OG
Apr 13, 2007
Anotha week and more dreamin!! lol!! I wonder what the excuses will be after this week!! Refs cheatin, conspiracy theory?? haha Anotha Pats win!! Got Em!!!
no ones dreamin theres a possibility in everything. the eagles and ravens proved it. u make it seem like the pats are god or something. :ermm: and like i said before if we dont win im not gonna sit here and make up excuses for my team. it is wut it is.

but do u honestly believe the Stealers will win this 1?
i aint expecting a win but i just dont think its impossible.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
The eagles & ravens aint prove shit!! they both lost like the rest! I mean u aint gonna blowout all 16 games come on now!! yall silly!!! Until they lose I aint buying it!! Pats will win again! Book It!! Got Em!!