steak and shit thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 2, 2002
its called a sear
you should make a good dry rub with lots of spices and coat the entire thing. That will create a nice "bark"

Or you could turn the grill up really high and then sear the outside of it, and then finish it off in the oven

Jan 6, 2004
www.myspace.com
get that pan piping fucking hot. season your steak with salt and pepper. and a tablespoon of oilve oil to the pan and throw that fucking steak on there and sear both sides til its gets charred to your liking. then bake in the oven to your liking. Or get a grill.. Come one breh most men have grills..

Nov 2, 2002
if you want to make your steak steakhouse style....coat the entire steak with salt and pepper.....put the steak into a super hot cast-iron skillet for 2 mins on each side to "sear" it.......then put a piece of butter on top of the steak, and transfer the skillet into the oven for like 7 mins.
SOOOO fucking grubbin

EDIT: i just saw jack tracks post...my bad. Almost the same recipe lol

Jun 5, 2004
NAW FUCK THAT I JUST HAD A STEAK JUST NOW, GRILLED ON THE FOREMAN...

NO ITS NOT AS GOOD AS A 2-HOUR OUTSIDE COAL BBQ, BUT U MARINADE THAT BITCH FOR A NIGHT, SLAP IT ON THE FOREMAN FOR A COUPLE MINUTES, AND IT SLAPS

DONT EVER TALK SHIT ABOUT FOREMAN GRILLS

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
how i usually pre pare my steak nowadays is:

cover that hoe in salt like a nice thick fuckin layer on the top and the bottom.
like a fuckin salt blanket.

let that shit marinate for an hour or more depending on the tuffness of the steak. i usually do 30-45min.

get your bbq grill/foreman/pan ready .

when that grill is ready to cook . just wash the salt of real good under cold water. like use your hand to rub it off and shit.

slap that bitch on the grill only flip it once and eat like a king!!!!

a co worker of mine who is single and eats tuff meat (no marty) swore by it. and i can say thats how i prepare my meat too. (extra no marty)

edit: i only use a bbq grill w/charcoal or mesquite wood.. i gotta say mesquite wood is the best way. fuck hank hill and his propane(bui if thats what u got thats what u got mang)

Apr 25, 2002
A - Why Tri-tip?

B - What kind of pan are you using?

C - Are you seasoning pre-cooking?

C1 - If yes, with what?

C2 - If no, why not?

I can help you once you answer those.

Sep 29, 2003
if you want to make your steak steakhouse style....coat the entire steak with salt and pepper.....put the steak into a super hot cast-iron skillet for 2 mins on each side to "sear" it.......then put a piece of butter on top of the steak, and transfer the skillet into the oven for like 7 mins.
SOOOO fucking grubbin

EDIT: i just saw jack tracks post...my bad. Almost the same recipe lol

finally someone mentions the most important part. You need to have a heavy bottom pan. You will not get desirable results using crappy cookware bro....invest in the Gordon Ramsay line by Royal Doulton....spent 400 for 10 pieces and never looked back...

Apr 25, 2002
Answer those questions I posed earlier. Depending on your answers and answers to my follow ups will determine if you should be using fat/oil(and what kind) or not. But you need to work up to that point.

Sep 29, 2003
when i cook a steak using this pan method i always go with a thick cut. Striploin perhaps....this allows you to sear it longer in the pan without overcooking it. And when I do I use oil and butter combination. The theory is the oil burns at a higher temperature than butter does. If you use them both, the oil dilutes the butter keeping it from burning. Butter also gives it a nice sear. Add your steak when the butter foams and depending on thickness, maybe 6-8 minutes per side with your heat a little higher than medium. Cant stress enough the importance of good cookware. If you decide to sear for only a couple minutes either side, and finish in the oven...do NOT use a lid. This will steam the steak and you will lose the sear...

threadstarter, make that steak perfect tonight. And dont forget to let your steak rest when its done cooking...and when you're done cooking, whip up an herb butter, and let a dollop melt overtop while it rests