steak and shit thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 24, 2010
for some reason, I cant make meat as good as when i go out. like tri-tip, i guess you need a grill to get that crusty seared outerness surface???

i keep on fuckin it up, I put it in a pan on hi, and let it sear, but i dont get the crustyness. if i let the tri-tip go to crustyness, its gonna lose its softness inside.

do I need to add butter, or some oil to make it crust???

after the pan job, I put it in the oven for 15 minutes, and the inside is beautiful and soft and rosy red pink.

and i taste and its cool, but i still cant get that crust.

its like that with steaks also, maybe i need some kind of crusting agent??

what the fuck do you guys use for crusting???

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
theres alot of ways to achieve it, but it depends on your taste

you can pepper crust it, salt crust it, salt sear it, you can batter it, you can fry it (shallow or deep, no martu), you can grill it directly on red hot coals (only use charcoaled wood, or real wood) and you can also lightly dust your steaks with a lil flour, no egg or anything just fry it with a dusting of flour and it should crisp up the outside a bit more

Jul 24, 2010
u serious, i aint got a grill. maybe the hi aint hi enough heat-wise on the stove.

im trying to perfect my tri-tip craft on a pan yo. its like the ghetto kid bangin on a plastic bucket, cuz drum kits dont exist in the hood, you smell me and the tri-tip im cookin.

Jul 24, 2010
thanks legman, but tryin to keep it as natural as possible just a lil salt and pep and thats it, but i will take your recommendations. thx.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i know i just swigged out of a priv bottle but am i the only person who sees "steak and shit" and ...like...it just dont do it for you?

i see steak on one plate and shit on the other

i prolly shoulda read the thread but i really just see it like steak and shit now.

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
if you like a little sweetness to your tri-tip

rub it with enough dijon mustard to cover it with a thin coat, then press brown sugar onto the outside, take that to the oven at 300 for an hour, then check it, be careful cuz some of the sugar melts and pools at the bottom of the pan and burns

but the best way to do it, is just use kosher sea salt, and season the tri-tip grab a roasting pan, put it on the stove and heat it up (if you can use both burners at once, even better) add some olive oil and a pat of butter let it come to heat and add the beef, fry 3 minutes each side then toss in the oven for 30 minutes at 300, followed by 2-3 minutes under the broiler

the key is to use your entire kitchen, whatever you got, try it, trial and error breh

Jul 24, 2010
steak and shit is like what you feed your dog. you dont know what the fuck is in the dog food, but its kibbles n bits and shit.

same thing with steak and shit. its steak and whatever typa shit you season it. that is what the shit is. steak and shit thread, yo. im just a wigga from the streets, learnin the lessons in life.

Jul 24, 2010
i tried a foreman at a friends house, it doesnt give you that authentic grill taste, the char and shit. its like a electric grill. me no likey.