Stanley Cup Finals: Ducks vs. Senators

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Who will win the Stanly Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 27, 2002
www.google.com
RedStorm said:
It will most likely be Toskala who will be traded because he has a cheaper contract and Nabokov has a no-trade clause, so if he doesn't want to go Toskala will have to go. I'm sure they can get something nice in return for him anyway.
It would suck to see either of them go. Last time the Sharks let go their goalie (Kipper) it bit them in the ass the following year in the Conf. Finals.

May 15, 2002
Sharks trade Toskala and Mark Bell to the Maple Leafs for the 13th overall pick and a few other future draft picks

Not sure if they needed to do this. It seems to me like they should be trading for more experienced players. They already have excellent young talent. Still, they cleared up some cap space and apparently trying to get Chris Drury, so it was necessary.

May 27, 2002
www.google.com
Yeah I heard about trying to get Chris Drury, and I'm happy to see Bell go since he didn't do much. But I am upset. Toskala was a good goalie, I guess too good to be a backup but now he will be playing against us which is much worse than not using him at all. I would also have preferred some stable veteran-type players that can lead a team, but I guess the staff is really intent on thinking young.